upgrade from ATH-M50/listen to rap mostly/under $300
Oct 21, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #17 of 22
My iPod touch lol

Yea, that's gotta change.  I found that you miss a ton of sound quality by the bitrate of your mp3s, the quality of your recordings (a HUGE factor) and your source and amp. Hip hop isn't going to give you great recordings so... try to get all of your files to 320 kbps (quite fine, no need for FLAC), buy a good source (I'd get a Fiio X1 or Fiio X3, or Fiio X5), and if you have extra money ($150-200 extra), then buy headphones.

Oct 21, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #18 of 22
  Yea, that's gotta change.  I found that you miss a ton of sound quality by the bitrate of your mp3s, the quality of your recordings (a HUGE factor) and your source and amp. Hip hop isn't going to give you great recordings so... try to get all of your files to 320 kbps (quite fine, no need for FLAC), buy a good source (I'd get a Fiio X1 or Fiio X3, or Fiio X5), and if you have extra money ($150-200 extra), then buy headphones.

This could help you hold against buying a headphone.

However, even a good source like an ipod touch is alright for your needs with certain headphones. You just won't unlock the headphone's full potential if you do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back