Upgrade for my Blon 03
Sep 17, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #16 of 21
Hey DinamicEars, thank you for your ideas.

I have one question, does the Fiio UTWS5 play louder than ordinary TWS and works UTWS5 without apps?

Yes UTWS5 play louder than average TWS
Works flawlessly without apps i think (not so sure but should be) and works better with apps.
The app is light and non hassle. Just install it for its advantages.

Sep 18, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #18 of 21
Sep 18, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #19 of 21
As BL03, like @baskingshark said, they are not basshead IEM, and they are v shaped.
Disagree here. They are not a subbass head iem, vut they have significant boosts in the midbass which is where most of the body and thickness bassheads love comes from. Additionally I am not sure it could be called a V. Two of V shapes primary qualities are high highs and scooped out midrange to help support the boosted bass/highs. The blon doesnt have boosted highs, and the midrange is only 2ish dB below harmon in the 800-1000k range. It is a U shape or L shape as some might call it.

https://crinacle.com/graphs/iems/graphtool/?share=Harman_IE_2019_v2_Target,BL03

Sep 18, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #20 of 21
Disagree here. They are not a subbass head iem, vut they have significant boosts in the midbass which is where most of the body and thickness bassheads love comes from. Additionally I am not sure it could be called a V. Two of V shapes primary qualities are high highs and scooped out midrange to help support the boosted bass/highs. The blon doesnt have boosted highs, and the midrange is only 2ish dB below harmon in the 800-1000k range. It is a U shape or L shape as some might call it.

https://crinacle.com/graphs/iems/graphtool/?share=Harman_IE_2019_v2_Target,BL03
Alright on second thought, BL03 dont have boosted highs thanks for remind me.
I was on perspective where the bass shelf is lifted up too early with quite big quantity making them too v shaped in the bass portion but not as so at high frequency but the high mids are boosted.
There is no exact term for that maybe between L shaped or v shaped, or half V for the left and half neutral with pinna compensation. The U shaped is more sub bass and treble focus so I won't call by that. Seriously i don't know the name but I know the frequency of bl03 since I worked on BL03 mod last time.
Maybe unbalanced V?

*edit : just re read thread starter main point as you like BL03 signature with thick mid bass, i guess Fiio FD5 will suit you also. Around $300 for new one but you can find used for around $150-200
The upper and mid bass is out of my preferences because i like clean bass but still below 10db on sub bass, but if you like BL03, they are in line and have great punch with forwarded high mids and lower treble too (coming with 2 nozzle)

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #21 of 21
I think for Bassheads ist sub- and midbass equivalent. I like deep subwoofer feeling and punchy thick kicks. and I like the BL03, the bass great and straigt in my face. But if there are more basspower, then i will take more basspower :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back