Upgrade for my Blon 03
Aug 19, 2022 at 8:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Stedefeind

New Head-Fier
Hey guys

I enjoy the Blon 03 very much, but would like to upgrade it now. More resolution and a better stage would be desirable. I love bass and the treble should be not spiky.

The budget is around €200.

Thanks for your recommendations.

Aug 20, 2022 at 1:55 AM Post #2 of 21
Hey guys

I enjoy the Blon 03 very much, but would like to upgrade it now. More resolution and a better stage would be desirable. I love bass and the treble should be not spiky.

KBEAR Aurora is a direct upgrade. Harmanish set, better fit, isolation, technicalities than the BL-03, but similar timbre and tonality.

If you can spend a bit more, the Sony XBA N3 is a warm and smooth and non fatiguing set, huge soundstage, excellent layering. Also bassy and natural sounding like the BL-03.

Aug 20, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #4 of 21
Aug 20, 2022 at 9:52 AM Post #6 of 21
Aug 20, 2022 at 7:24 PM Post #7 of 21
I have read a few tests where it was written that the bass might be too little for bassheads. Which is the Basshead King to 200

And ist the sub-bass of kbear strong or weak? Some Users here write he has a lack of sub-bass.

Aug 20, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #8 of 21
I have read a few tests where it was written that the bass might be too little for bassheads. Which is the Basshead King to 200

And ist the sub-bass of kbear strong or weak? Some Users here write he has a lack of sub-bass.

KBEAR Aurora is more mid-bass focused. The sub-bass extends decently actually, but Aurora isn't a bona fide basshead set. BTW from your first post, the BL-03 isn't a basshead set too, but these 2 have bass north of neutral.

If you really want a basshead set, consider the TFZ No. 3. It sells around sub $50 USD now as the TFZ No. 3 19th Edition. Huge jaw rattling bass. But TFZ No. 3 is a bit hot in upper midrange and timbre is bad.

The Sony XBA N3 mentioned earlier is quite basshead too. You can also check out the IKKO OH10 if you love bass, although treble can bit a tinge hot and the shells are huge and heavy.

Aug 20, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #9 of 21
I heard the Ikko OH10 and i dont like them. i always thought that the BL-03 is a basshead inEar. It has more Bass then my Soundmagic E10.

Is it normal that the Bass is better on my Laptop-Divice (Razer Blade) then on my Phone-Device?

Aug 20, 2022 at 7:47 PM Post #10 of 21
I heard the Ikko OH10 and i dont like them. i always thought that the BL-03 is a basshead inEar. It has more Bass then my Soundmagic E10.

Is it normal that the Bass is better on my Laptop-Divice (Razer Blade) then on my Phone-Device?

It depends on the Dac of your device.

You actually don't need to invest much in a good dac/amp source, even a sub $10 apple dongle is pretty good in sound. Except most of the cheaper dongles perhaps don't have great power. IEMs generally do not need much power other than some outliers like planar Tin P1 or Final E5000 (low sensitivity).

BLON BL-03 in my book is not a real basshead set TBH, there are many more sets with more copious bass than it.

Aug 20, 2022 at 7:57 PM Post #11 of 21
I always used TWS before, but they definitely didn't have enough power. Now I use the iPhone with Apple Cable, but it is not as powerful as my laptop (its able to kill my ears :D). Are the FiiO UTWS5 a good idea and play louder than TWS?

Are there IEMs for bassheads without V Signature and great seperation? I like the subwoofer feeling most!

Aug 20, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #12 of 21
I always used TWS before, but they definitely didn't have enough power. Now I use the iPhone with Apple Cable, but it is not as powerful as my laptop (its able to kill my ears :D). Are the FiiO UTWS5 a good idea and play louder than TWS?

Are there IEMs for bassheads without V Signature and great seperation? I like the subwoofer feeling most!

Yes there are some IEMs which are neutralish with a sub-bass boost, not very common though. Perhaps you can check out the Moondrop Variations.

Sep 13, 2022 at 10:04 PM Post #13 of 21
Hey guys

Sony ex8000st with tape mod. Your welcome!

By the way, whenever someone mentions Sony especially Sony + basshead, that's likely the iem you want.

Sep 17, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #14 of 21

I have Fiio UTWS5 paired with 7hz Timeless. They can drive IEM well, even planar. Definitely different in SQ and power compared to KZ Az09 and TRN BT30 (I had them too before)
IMHO the UTWS5 is similar to Fiio dongle KA3 in quality (i have it too)

As BL03, like @baskingshark said, they are not basshead IEM, and they are v shaped.
If you like clean bass with sub bass focus, there isnt much option. I'm very picky about bass quality but recently I fell in love with original intime sora, the bass shelf is clean on upper bass and have nice punch and subbass focus. I rated the bass 8/10. Overall i like it better than Kato (bass 7/10 good overall but could be better in punch and texture), ex800st mod (bass 7/10, too thick 100-300hz if modded otherwise bad tuning), ex1000 (bass 6/10, good driver bad tuning), hana 2021 (bass 6/10), fiio FD5 (bass 6/10, tight, deep but very v shaped with muddy thick 100-300hz) (I have them all btw, and I have BL03 too)
Recently i adjusted my scores and review, so 6 is actually OK, but again I'm very picky about bass quality. 8 is the highest I can give on budget-midfi level. 10/10 so far I can only find in my Z1R, actually 9.5 but I won't use decimal numbers for scoring so I give them 10 for the bass, just little nitpicking.

Go back to intime sora (original one, because other model don't have same tuning) i found them very nicely tuned, not the best technicalities but actually very good too. Extension on low end and high end are great. One or rarity gem below $50 that can compete with other hundred dollars IEMs, i really like the tuning, like mixing of monarch mkII and Z1R.
But the sora is fixed cable, and hard to find since it is a JDM item, and the original sora (aka sora 1) isn't new so maybe harder to find also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back