Upgrade for iphone 4.. Brainwavz, Yuin, Senn MX?
Jun 29, 2010 at 2:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

lordsegan

100+ Head-Fier
I am considering buying zero to 2 new portable earphones.

I believe I want one ear bud style that would be appropriate for running (safely hearing cars).

I believe I also want one IEM style that would be appropriate for the library and/or work and air travel.

I would most likely not use a portable amp.

For the ear buds, I was looking at the Yuin PK2 and PK3, but I read that they break VERY easily. I then turned my attention to the Senn MX880s. Thoughts? $70 would be my max possible price for these.

For the IEM, I am thinking of the Brainwavz M2. Thoughts? Anything else I should be looking at?

Jun 30, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 5
I really like the M2 as an entry level IEM. They have nice warm mids, decent bass, and non fatiguing yet fairly detailed highs, all for a reasonable price. I gave my pair I reviewed to my brother as a birthday gift because I liked them enough I wanted to make sure they got good use and he LOVES them coming from his stock buds on his Ipod. Just to be up front I was given them for free to do a review with and yes I have passed them on, but only because I own a pair of $400 Monster Turbine Pro Copper's and have a pair of SM3 IEM's which are both in a different league sound and price wise. I will say this, if I had more brains than upgradeitus from Head-fi they really are a nice sounding IEM LOL.

Jun 30, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 5
i just bought a set of pk3's. i'll let you know what i think of them b/c i'm in a similar situation as you.

Jun 30, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #5 of 5
Soundmagic PL50s maybe? I've had good luck with the PL30s and the 50s get good reviews here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back