Upgrade for ad700
Oct 23, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #2 of 22
Tried using other amplifiers with some bass boost? That could've help I guess.

Oct 23, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #4 of 22
Yeah. PC is good and if you're satisfied, why not lol? Man, i feel evil for putting these money-laundering ideas in your head LOL. butta, try an amp or a dac/amp setup yeah. could've give your ad700 a new breath of life.

Oct 23, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #5 of 22
  Yeah. PC is good and if you're satisfied, why not lol? Man, i feel evil for putting these money-laundering ideas in your head LOL. butta, try an amp or a dac/amp setup yeah. could've give your ad700 a new breath of life.

What do you rec? i have some saved money that im planning to use. there is no hurry so i would like to think it very well. Maybe wait for black friday.  

Oct 23, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #9 of 22
  What do you rec? i have some saved money that im planning to use. there is no hurry so i would like to think it very well. Maybe wait for black friday.  

The fad nowadays is Sony MDR-Z7. Honestly, I haven't heard it so I couldn't say too much about it apart from what I've heard over the internet and from few first hand accounts, that it's among the top in its price range.

I would suggest you to try listen to them before deciding. I can't tell which one might suit you best. If I were to throw random suggestions, it could be a wild goose chase lol.

Nevertheless, I'll point out a few usual suspects for the amps:

Portables:
Fiio E12 (best if you could get the DIY version, or wait till the IEM version).
Alo RX-Mk3 (with bass boost)
Anything with bass boost and low impedance.

Btw, what is the setup that you're imagining? Laptop? Or use a portable audio player?

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #10 of 22
The fad nowadays is Sony MDR-Z7. Honestly, I haven't heard it so I couldn't say too much about it apart from what I've heard over the internet and from few first hand accounts, that it's among the top in its price range.

I would suggest you to try listen to them before deciding. I can't tell which one might suit you best. If I were to throw random suggestions, it could be a wild goose chase lol.

Nevertheless, I'll point out a few usual suspects for the amps:

Portables:
Fiio E12 (best if you could get the DIY version, or wait till the IEM version).
Alo RX-Mk3 (with bass boost)
Anything with bass boost and low impedance.

Btw, what is the setup that you're imagining? Laptop? Or use a portable audio player?

Home use. They're open back, giant headphones man.

Oct 23, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #11 of 22
Home use. They're open back, giant headphones man.

Yeah i know. I mean, desktop setup sometimes can be big, so people would opt for portables to save desk space. Unless you have something like the schiit stack, which is considerably small in size. And also the iFi micro DSD. Good setup for DSD playback.

Btw, I heard the iFi iCan before. Quite enjoyable. Especially the 3D and bass boost. You may enjoy it too. Now comes in V2.

Oct 24, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #13 of 22
Yeah i know. I mean, desktop setup sometimes can be big, so people would opt for portables to save desk space. Unless you have something like the schiit stack, which is considerably small in size. And also the iFi micro DSD. Good setup for DSD playback.

Btw, I heard the iFi iCan before. Quite enjoyable. Especially the 3D and bass boost. You may enjoy it too. Now comes in V2.

Thanks man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back