*Updated with impressions* NEW Silver IEM cable, 93spec
Sep 22, 2012 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Hahayyy

Head-Fier
*Update is at bottom of post*
Hey there fellow Head-fiers!

Just wanted to share something amazing I’ve come across in the line of high-end IEM cables!

This Singapore based company Stage93, has just released their new line of IEM cables, the 93spec!

The cable is made of 26 AWG Stranded UP-OCC Silver, 99.999% pure with a custom thread count and is finished off with a 4-way braid with pins fitting perfectly into your IEMS using their special Overfreeze Technology

I won’t bore you with the details as you can read more about it here, http://stage93.com/93SPEC/ where you can also see what average_joe says about these cables, and place an order for one! (I do believe they take international orders!)

Personally I’ve tried out the cables on a meet up previously, and I’ve to say that I’m thoroughly impressed with them! Besides the exceptional build of the cables, when comparing them with the Silver dragon AND twAg cables I have to say that I was blown away by them, and in my opinion, they blew away the competition too! The cables really brought out the highs that were lacking in my IEM while also emphasizing the bass with a bit more control, but in no way compromised the mids that I loved so dearly!

Do check them out if you have the time, and if you have some cash lying around, just take the dive! You won’t be disappointed:wink:
PICS BELOW!

Update! 3/10/12

Hey there fellow head-fiers!
As this is my first time writing impressions about a cable that I've tested, please do bear with the writing style and if I am confusing or leave out some details! Also, please do let me know what you think about the write up and what I can improve on! Thanks!

So I met up with one of the peeps from stage93 two days ago to demo the 93spec cable, amongst other cables that stage93 carries such as the TWag, Hybrid cable and the TWcu.

My custom IEMs are a SE530x8 and I'd describe the sound as somewhat mid-high centric, with medium-wide soundstage while the bass seems to be perfect although on some songs I'd have to say the highs and mids are slightly overpowering.

I'm a copper cable guy, as I prefer the warm, close intimate sound that copper cables(I've tried the TWcu and the DHC neuclotide cable) provide over the more analytical neutral sound provided by the silver cables(I've tried the TWag, 93spec, Silver Dragon, Whiplash Hybrid) that I've tried IMO

As I know, to everyones customs paring your IEM with a specific cable will be different based on what IEMs you use and your preference of what kind of sound you hope to achieve out of your set up. Thus I will proceed to tell my story of my impressions of the cables, and I hope you take my impressions with a pinch of salt!

So the story goes: 

I mainly use a DHC Neucleotide cable as my main IEM cable as I said, I'm a copper guy. It provides me with great detail, with a close up soundstage and warm sound that I'd like to achieve out of my set up. When I first heard the TWag that day, I was blown away by the harshness of the music track. The TWag seems to be more analytical and harsh, presenting the music track as it is. However to me it sounded a bit tacky, like the kind of beats in ear earphones in terms of presentation of the highs and bass in the IEMs.

Being not very satisfied with the TWag, I tried out the 93spec and I was dumbfounded. The presentation of the music track was as expected in a silver cable, analytical and neutral, but when I heard the presentation of the highs and lows as compared to the TWag it seemed like comparing a beats in ears to an SE530. The clarity of presentation on the TWag seemed to be very jarring and a lot of the time, the highs were not rendered well, in the sense that there was lots of sibilance and static in the presentation. As compared to the 93spec, it provides the clarity of presentation and detail of the tracks played, and it just seemed to me like a more analytical version of my DHC neucleotide cable.

I also tried out the TWcu, which IMO, was exactly like comparing the 93spec and the TWag having the same jarring and less detailed presentation, when compared to the DHC neucleotide cable. Amongst that, I've also auditioned the Silver Dragon which I preferred compared to the TWag but was not as spectacular in presentation of clarity yet again. The Whiplash Hybrid was also demoed, and it truly does sound amazing, as it has a unique sound to it, but its not something that you can really pin down. Although I do noticed it tended to widen the soundstage of my IEMs quite a bit! However, for the price you would pay for one, I don't think it'd be much of an upgrade when comparing to the 93spec or DHC neucleotide, especially considering the difference in price.

In a nutshell, to sum up my impressions of what sounded the best to me that day
Silver cables: 93spec > Whiplash Hybrid > Silver Dragon > TWag
Copper Cables: DHC Neucleotide > TWcu

I'd have to say, If there was any cable that would ever make me change to silver cables, it'd be the 93spec
Highs: Rendered well with my IEMs, no sibilance or jarring-ness of the presentation of the highs
Mids: Tends to bring this down a bit, in comparison to the Copper cables, as its not as prominent.
Lows: Brings out the bass as compared to my copper cables and similar to the highs, no distortion of the bass or any jarring-ness as heard in the TWag
Soundstage: Definitely wider comparing the DHC to these, however it tends to bring the music ?back? abit? Don't know if i'm using the correct term here but thats what it sounds like to me!
Clarity: Definitely top notch, its definitely the winning factor in me choosing this Silver cable over the rest of them, and its slightly tempting to get one after testing it out for so long!

All in all, the 93spec has definitely been an eyeopener for me in terms of silver cables. From never really liking the kind of presentation of the sound as I'd only heard the TWag and Silver Dragon, the 93spec has really changed my mind and proven to be a cable that holds its own and is definitely the next big thing in the arena of custom cables. 

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #5 of 36
Haha coool! Erm, if I'm not wrong theres not really much of a lead time because the cables will be completed by 5th October! That means that you'll probably be able to get it by then! What IEMS are u planning to use with them?

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #7 of 36
Sep 25, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #10 of 36
Quote:
Agreed haha :D

Btw, Eldrid, will you sell the wire per ft for DIYers in the community?

Hey,

Currently there are no plans for that. But it's still pretty early to say anything for sure 
wink_face.gif

However what I can say for sure is that I'm not Eldrid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back