Updated: HifiMAN HM-801 Portable Music Player Preorder
Nov 2, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #766 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will ship out most of first batch orders in the first week of Nov.

so whats the current status ?? i m your big supporter how ever even i have to say i m getting annoyed ??

stop sending units to the reviewer around the world !! or flying around promote the unit ! your customer is your best reviewer !! u really dont need any more media exposure if the production just wont catch up and its been delay and delay ~ every day i m hoping the unit show up in the mail box and every day its a disappointment ! it would be sad for a business to have their supporter turn critic.

there is fine line between perfection and project failure! u need to set your benchmark date for your project! u do owe ur customer obligation to full fill after all they have made the payment and patiently waiting ?

chill pill r just not going to cut it for me now. time over time i try to visualize whats happening in your factory and reasoning but this is taking too long. action r louder than promise~ other wise its all just bubble.

Nov 2, 2009 at 9:00 PM Post #767 of 1,469
Chill pill, hmm. But you wouldn't like to receive a malfunctioning product either, right? I'm waiting anxiously, but I'd be even more annoyed if after this many delays and promises, I would receive a malfunctioning product, be it in the firmware or components.

Go fang go, make us happy customers with proper quality checking! .. Even though it takes time
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 2, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #768 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by electropop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chill pill, hmm. But you wouldn't like to receive a malfunctioning product either, right? I'm waiting anxiously, but I'd be even more annoyed if after this many delays and promises, I would receive a malfunctioning product, be it in the firmware or components.

Go fang go, make us happy customers with proper quality checking! .. Even though it takes time
smily_headphones1.gif

i know what you saying, dont you think i feel the same or worry about it too? to put my concern and complains on record put me in disadvantage position but seriously i feel like a hostage and all i can do just wait ? if a customer feel that way then one should really think about whats going wrong and why ?

its not that u and i didnt wait patiently , i m 3 months and counting(together with my RE0) but following what head-direct doing in every forum and even in china u would feel like may be they should slow down and settle in, new earphone and headphone continue to come out and they r great products !

but how about people who waiting for their orders ? it feel like i have been overlooked and forgot ? i understand Fang's business is booming and exploring and they r busy doing promotion and expanding their business around the world !

but seriously, mind slow down abit and focus to people waiting for their orders?? other wise the back log/orders just keep piling and like i said it would be sad to see a business supporter turn critic?

all i m requesting isnt much, perhaps just abit of focus and hear your customers' voice may b ??

Nov 2, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #769 of 1,469
That's a valid point you make. They indeed have been coming up with great products, HE-5 being one I'm rather interested in, at a remarkable rate. I've turned a blind eye to the actual premises of their work and solely and vaguely just trusted them based upon the positive feedback their products have been attaining.

Well, this is a sponsored thread and I don't wish to nit pick here, nor elsewhere actually. Of course I'd wish they'd devote their attention to the HM-801 only, but that would be selfish on my part..

I share the pain with you although I think I can live without the new toy for a little while longer.. I'm just happy I'm even able to enjoy such luxuries, as waiting for a rather "useless" piece of equipement (in a broader sense) and in the end, receiving it hopefully
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm not moralizing, just saying that it could be worse. (Helps me at least when I think about it..)

Nov 3, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #770 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by electropop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a valid point you make. They indeed have been coming up with great products, HE-5 being one I'm rather interested in, at a remarkable rate. I've turned a blind eye to the actual premises of their work and solely and vaguely just trusted them based upon the positive feedback their products have been attaining.

Well, this is a sponsored thread and I don't wish to nit pick here, nor elsewhere actually. Of course I'd wish they'd devote their attention to the HM-801 only, but that would be selfish on my part..

I share the pain with you although I think I can live without the new toy for a little while longer.. I'm just happy I'm even able to enjoy such luxuries, as waiting for a rather "useless" piece of equipement (in a broader sense) and in the end, receiving it hopefully
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm not moralizing, just saying that it could be worse. (Helps me at least when I think about it..)

any way, i was stress ~ dont bother and forget about it, i will just wait. been waiting for 3 months and makes no difference for another month ~ is custom built audio equipment always take this long ?

Nov 3, 2009 at 8:08 AM Post #772 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpapajk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i am trying to preorder or buy this and it wont let me. whats the deal? is it still for sale, the head-direct site doesnt have a preorder button. HELP

I think preordering is closed for the time being
frown.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 11:56 AM Post #774 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxxdoc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After owning my HiFiMAN for a month, I can still say that it is sonic bliss.

I am very, very happy with the sound quality.

Do realize that this is not a perfect product (except for sound, IMHO).

Not to start the vinyl vs digital debate (please for the love of God, don't fight that issue here), but this player reminds me a bit more of a turntable in that there is a lot more hassle involved in playing tracks. But for me, it's worth the time and trouble.

If you need a player with stylish looks or a slick interface go for an IPOD or some other big name player.

But, if you want the best sound possible out of a portable, then the HiFiMAN is for you and it will be worth the hassle.

Fang is working on the firmware, and maybe some day he can make most people happy with the firmware (Fang, you will never make everyone happy, that's just the way it is).

The unit itself is big, boxy, and not as refined as an IPOD, but the sound is very much above the competition.

I have a Trekstor Vibes (my work player) with Ultimate Ears Super Fi 5 Pro, A D2 (now used mostly for video) and 3 IPODS. I don't touch the IPODS except for the DMR music and video that I can not move over to another player.

I use Senn HD555 HiFiMAN and Senn HD600 cans with the Tube Amp.

Nothing I own, except my Marantz 67SE with a tube amp, sounds close to the HiFiMAN. The HiFiMAN's line out to the tube amp (little country III for those who want to know), sounds better than the Marantz and the LCIII.

Though it cost a lot of money and a fight with my wife (that's another story), the HiFiMAN has been worth it for me. I love my HiFiMAN.
dt880smile.png

I must say that I envy you because I'm still waiting for the 801. However, my wife encourage me to buy the 801
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #775 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by testrichard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so whats the current status ?? i m your big supporter how ever even i have to say i m getting annoyed ??

stop sending units to the reviewer around the world !! or flying around promote the unit ! your customer is your best reviewer !! u really dont need any more media exposure if the production just wont catch up and its been delay and delay ~ every day i m hoping the unit show up in the mail box and every day its a disappointment ! it would be sad for a business to have their supporter turn critic.

there is fine line between perfection and project failure! u need to set your benchmark date for your project! u do owe ur customer obligation to full fill after all they have made the payment and patiently waiting ?

chill pill r just not going to cut it for me now. time over time i try to visualize whats happening in your factory and reasoning but this is taking too long. action r louder than promise~ other wise its all just bubble.

I feel your pain testrichard and no doubt you're a big supporter of the 801. Let's hope that the shipment can be prompt.

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:13 PM Post #776 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think it doesn't ship HM-801 by the end of this year.

No offence but I sincerely hope that your thought is wrong this time or many people will be unhappy
redface.gif
. Fang has stopped taking pre-orders and this shows that he is not a money sucker like M***

Nov 5, 2009 at 11:09 AM Post #778 of 1,469
Head Direct is not taking orders right now. I haven't got mine yet.

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #779 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by testrichard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We apologize for another 3 to 5 days delay. Are you in the first batch order? We will start to ship the rest of first batch orders next week.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Nov 5, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #780 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpapajk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so is the hifiman not available? can you get one or not?

Will be available to order again after we shipped all 1st and 2nd batch orders in the next a few weeks. More PCM1704UK chips are on their way.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back