Updated: HifiMAN HM-801 Portable Music Player Preorder
May 20, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #106 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenLeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Nankai,

Any chance that you may set a definite closing deadline for the HiFiMan?

I don't know yet. The comprehensive test to the preproduction sample will be finished in next two weeks. If we get satisfied result, we will start to make the first batch. Manufacturing will be finished in about a week, but it will take some time do tough QC test after the first batch finished. Will keep you guys updated. Hope everything will be all right.

Btw: The ebayer scared me. I think he want to make some fun.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
May 20, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #107 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know yet. The comprehensive test to the preproduction sample will be finished in next two weeks. If we get satisfied result, we will start to make the first batch. Manufacturing will be finished in about a week, but it will take some time do tough QC test after the first batch finished. Will keep you guys updated. Hope everything will be all right.

Btw: The ebayer scared me. I think he want to make some fun.

Then will you please notify us the deadline say a week or so before it comes? Thank you!

May 20, 2009 at 10:59 AM Post #108 of 1,469
Quote:

Then will you please notify us the deadline say a week or so before it comes?

FWIW I really don't need much persuasion here but I would just like to be able to read the final part of Jude's review before the deadline is applied.

Quote:

The comprehensive test to the preproduction sample will be finished in next two weeks.

I guess this will include Jude's review?

I am sure Nankai will clarify shortly.

May 20, 2009 at 12:07 PM Post #109 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by rebski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FWIW I really don't need much persuasion here but I would just like to be able to read the final part of Jude's review before the deadline is applied.

I don't need the persuasion either but I need the schedule to save up my money.
frown.gif

May 20, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #110 of 1,469
Quote:

I don't need the persuasion either but I need the schedule to save up my money.

I know what you mean, three weeks ago I bought an iBasso D10, iRiver H140 (paid top price) with SysConcept connects.

And now this comes up.

Well you know what they say about the relationship between this forum and our wallets. It seems to be true.

May 20, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #111 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by rebski /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know what you mean, three weeks ago I bought an iBasso D10, iRiver H140 (paid top price) with SysConcept connects.

And now this comes up.

Well you know what they say about the relationship between this forum and our wallets. It seems to be true.

Yeap -- "Welcome to Headfi, sorry to your wallet". I bought a D10 as well and then one day later this thread shown up.

May 22, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #113 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by thisbenjamin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could you confirm if this is a product made in China or ? Please be specific about the sources for the various components and the location of assembly, manufacturing, etc.

thanks!

Designed and made in China.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

May 22, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #115 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by thisbenjamin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif
thanks for the fast response!

Actually we pirated and copied the technology from Cybertron to design and make the HiFiMAN player. We just received a Lawer's Letter from the Transformers.

May 22, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #116 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nankai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually we pirated and copied the technology from Cybertron to design and make the HiFiMAN player. We just received a Lawer's Letter from the transformers.

....what?

May 22, 2009 at 5:10 AM Post #118 of 1,469
Fang,
This seem s like a great concept for those of us who, without this hobby, would melt away into a sea of Reality show programming.
smile.gif

Thanks for taking the initiative to meet our small, yet powerful, consumer demand.

It seems like the upgrade path has many options to take, in the manufacturing realm.

It won't be long until we see a lot of "copycat" startups trying to produce the same genre of players. Perhaps a patent is in order.
It would be nice to be able to swap out the entire amp section (not just op-amps and buffers) to fine tune it to our tastes and finicky, ever-changing fickle needs. Perhaps a partnership with Ray Samuels or Justin for a Tomahawk or Pico amp section.

Please put me down for one. I want to be on the cutting edge of this new concept.

What sound signature, can the DAC be compared to, when talking about other fine sources on the market?

May 22, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #120 of 1,469
As I'm sure is the case with hundreds of people, I'm going to wait until the units hit and start to really get pounded on before investing. I have disposable income, but not that much
wink.gif

Seriously thou, I'd watch out for Ultra Magnus and Unicron - they don't react kindly to having their l33t techs stolen by the red china.

All the best Nankai
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back