UPDATED: Boston/Massachusetts Area - March 6th
Feb 12, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #63 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emooze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We are good to go with our meet!

We are in the Hilton in Dedham, MA:

25 Allied Drive
Dedham, MA 02026

The hotel is right off of exit 14 on I-95. It is also very near the Dedham stop on the Franklin Commuter Rail Line. There is parking available.

We are in the room Erastus from 10-5 on Saturday,March 6th

There are tables and power outlets. The room is on the large side so bring a grounded extension cord just in case (I will have at least one)

No lunch will be served (well out of my budget, sorry guys)

Other than that, I look forward to seeing you then!

Tentative Guest List:
Emooze
nikongod
El_Doug
n_maher
Salt Peanuts
Towert7
Voltron
Bostonears
drp

If anyone wants to help contribute to the cost of the room ($250), PM me or see me in March!

Thanks for adding me Emooze, and I truly hope to make it. What's with the small numbers of folks, folks? Boston has more Head-Fi action than this! Sign up! And I will certainly kick down for the room assuming I can make it.
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #65 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emooze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Updated the guest list

Also if anyone wants to help contribute to the cost of the room ($250), PM me or see me in March!

At past-hosted meets, I placed a donation box at the entry of the room next to the name tags, and then one pass-around of the hat. Donations, and additionally, a silent auction, have in the past netted enough to pay for the room with left-over money to contribute to Head-Fi.

If enough participation for a silent auction, I'll donate something like a Sony D2 or D12 PCDP; one of the old collectibles that sounds half decent.

For gear to bring, too much recent liquidation for anything of interest. Looking forward to trying the JH13 out of a few amps.

Feb 13, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #67 of 185
Those all sound like great ideas drp and if everyone is interested, I'll look into setting something up. But I am honestly fine with paying for the whole thing out of my pocket, this is for as much of my own enjoyment as it is for everyone else's.

Also, nametags is a super good idea. Didn't think of that. Thanks drp

Feb 13, 2010 at 12:40 PM Post #69 of 185
Please count me in.

I'll bring:
- Buffalo32 DAC
- Eastern Electric Sabre32 DAC (if I have it in hand, which I should)
- Some kind of source/transport to feed one or both
- Stax SRM-T1W (thanks to Nate and Al; hope to meet Andrew/Hopstretch there with his Lamda's)
- maybe more, TBD

You also have PM, Emooze....big thanks for organizing!

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:04 PM Post #73 of 185
I can probably make this. The following weekend in Queens is definitely a no-go.

Unfortunately I don't have any FOTM to bring, but I can take pics.

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:53 PM Post #74 of 185
I have a friend from school that has expressed his interest in coming.

Might bring a pair of headphones and an amp that he essentially re-purposed from computer speakers.

Feb 17, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #75 of 185
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoochile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can probably make this. The following weekend in Queens is definitely a no-go.

Unfortunately I don't have any FOTM to bring, but I can take pics.

You can bring your six million dollar home.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back