Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v56 and HQ v97)
Feb 6, 2024 at 3:45 PM Post #4,291 of 4,424
Back on January 16th I had the right driver fail on my Maxwell, so I emailed Audeze. They responded the next day and requested that I ship them my Maxwell. I received notice early last week that I would receive a replacement unit. It arrived today. Works great. So three weeks to the day after I had the issue, I have a new set (unused, brand new set in sealed box) in my hands. I would say that is pretty excellent customer service. Only cost me about $14 for insured, signature required, ground shipping via UPS. Thank you @Audeze.
Nice. Were you under warranty?

I've heard good things about their CS

Feb 6, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #4,292 of 4,424
Feb 6, 2024 at 6:17 PM Post #4,293 of 4,424
Any way to disable the 2.4ghz RF on the Audeze Maxwell?

Even when my Audeze Maxwell's are in bluetooth / wired mode this headset seems to be giving full power to the RF and they're putting out an absolute ton of RF radiation. A bit surprised to see RF radiation levels this high on something intended to be used on your head.

I like the sound so I'm trying to find out whether it's possible to get the radiation profile back down to earth. Not thinking I can make them emf free or anything extreme like that, just hoping to get the radiation profile down into a range comparable to other comparably priced bluetooth headsets like the XM5 / M4 / QC Ultra.
How you measured the radiation level and what level you got in dBm or mW?

Feb 6, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #4,294 of 4,424
Any way to disable the 2.4ghz RF on the Audeze Maxwell?

Even when my Audeze Maxwell's are in bluetooth / wired mode this headset seems to be giving full power to the RF and they're putting out an absolute ton of RF radiation. A bit surprised to see RF radiation levels this high on something intended to be used on your head.

I like the sound so I'm trying to find out whether it's possible to get the radiation profile back down to earth. Not thinking I can make them emf free or anything extreme like that, just hoping to get the radiation profile down into a range comparable to other comparably priced bluetooth headsets like the XM5 / M4 / QC Ultra.
It’s nuking our brains? I’m being dramatic but please explain.

Feb 7, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #4,295 of 4,424
Having trouble with the EQ in the Audeze app for iOS. Spinning wheel never stops rendering the app just about useless.

Feb 8, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #4,296 of 4,424
I've been using Maxwell for the past 3 days and they sound good, comparable to other headphones I am using (SA6 and Fidelio X2).
I did not even try using them via usb. Is the sound noticeable better when they are wired?

Feb 8, 2024 at 12:39 PM Post #4,297 of 4,424
Having trouble with the EQ in the Audeze app for iOS. Spinning wheel never stops rendering the app just about useless.
I'm not an iOS user but the PC app is just as bad. You'll make adjustments and the app will bug out and undo what you did. It does this constantly and has since it launched.

Android is maybe a bit better but I haven't used it much so I may have just gotten lucky.

Feb 8, 2024 at 12:42 PM Post #4,298 of 4,424
I've been using Maxwell for the past 3 days and they sound good, comparable to other headphones I am using (SA6 and Fidelio X2).
I did not even try using them via usb. Is the sound noticeable better when they are wired?
It shouldn't be. The 2.4ghz connection should be lossless and equivalent to a wired connection.

If you mean wired as in 3.5mm, that's just for convenience since everything will be processed through the internal DAC and amp. Plus you're taking an analog signal from one device and then reconverting it so there's only the possibility of degradation - no possibility for enhancement.

Feb 8, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #4,299 of 4,424
It shouldn't be. The 2.4ghz connection should be lossless and equivalent to a wired connection.

Can you clarify on this statement? I had thought that the USB dongle was actually using bluetooth. Of course, Audeze has been unclear on this.

Feb 8, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #4,301 of 4,424
Of course it's not true, the dongle uses bluetooth and the codec LC3+ But by ear the difference between the wire and the dongle is really minimal, at least I don't feel it
Thanks for clarifying. I thought 2.4ghz dongles always used custom solutions.

From reading a bit it sounds like the Maxwell might be one of the first to use Bluetooth in conjunction with a 2.4ghz dongle.

I may do some A/B tests now. But if the performance is anything like LDAC and given how resolving the Maxwell is (not exceptionally so) I wouldn't expect the difference to be significant.

Feb 8, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #4,302 of 4,424
Thanks for clarifying. I thought 2.4ghz dongles always used custom solutions.

From reading a bit it sounds like the Maxwell might be one of the first to use Bluetooth in conjunction with a 2.4ghz dongle.

I may do some A/B tests now. But if the performance is anything like LDAC and given how resolving the Maxwell is (not exceptionally so) I wouldn't expect the difference to be significant.

I was just curious if there was new information on this. Of course, bluetooth is 2.4 GHz, so I get confused easily... :wink:

Of course @Audeze could clear this up once and for all. I would be curious as to the actual specifications, including bitrate...

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #4,303 of 4,424
They don't officially announce it, as it can probably affect the choice of too sensitive people. But originally this information was present in the description on the official website. Also, someone asked Audeze about it directly and they said it was true.
If someone wants to get a definitive confirmation, they can probably open up the dongle and see what chip is used there.

Feb 8, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #4,304 of 4,424
Anyone facing Bluetooth issues using M$ Teams after last firmware upgrade?
After I end a call and enter in the next one, I have no sound. I have to turn off maxwell and turn on again to get it back. Never had it on old firmware.

Feb 8, 2024 at 4:11 PM Post #4,305 of 4,424
They don't officially announce it, as it can probably affect the choice of too sensitive people. But originally this information was present in the description on the official website. Also, someone asked Audeze about it directly and they said it was true.
If someone wants to get a definitive confirmation, they can probably open up the dongle and see what chip is used there.

It just seems a bit shady that they don't clarify and clearly state what were are getting with the dongle, especially the bitrate(s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back