Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v56 and HQ v97)
Mar 16, 2024 at 1:06 AM Post #4,366 of 4,424
Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #4,367 of 4,424
I bought a
Amazing - thank you for the find!!!!

Now I am wondering if I should get a second one!
second one as it seems to be able to accommodate many of my headphones. @bwardrop thank you once again for sharing such a great find! 😀😀😀

Mar 16, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #4,370 of 4,424
Bought one and now I'm wondering if I should have bought 2.

Granted the MSRP seems a bit absurd, but this price almost seems like a price error.

Mar 18, 2024 at 6:13 AM Post #4,375 of 4,424
Sooooo.... I've tried out the WickedCushions and Defean Pads, and i went back to Stock Pads xd
Changed the Position of the Headband (Left top holes, right mid holes) which made them more comfortable for me, ears are still touching the driver housing a little bit, but way less noticable. Also they now sit way more secure on my head when moving around :)

Defean Pads were absolute bad for me, they destroy the sound in my opinion and weren't even comfortable.

The Wickeds were really good in case of sound but that extra clamp force paired with that stiff/hard cooling gel killed them for me. +That gel felt weird in the beginning and lost it's cooling ability really quick, maybe i'll try a pair of their pads again if they release some without cooling gel^^

Soundwise they do some things and not that little in my opinion. Ofc bass got a bit boosted due to the bigger room, treble was nearly the same (Maxwells aren't that harsh peaking anyways), but the midtones just had something off, i cant really tell but some voices sounded too forward and sometimes like they were recorded through a "tube", i could fix it with EQ tho :)

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #4,378 of 4,424
Sooooo.... I've tried out the WickedCushions and Defean Pads, and i went back to Stock Pads xd
Changed the Position of the Headband (Left top holes, right mid holes) which made them more comfortable for me, ears are still touching the driver housing a little bit, but way less noticable. Also they now sit way more secure on my head when moving around :)

Defean Pads were absolute bad for me, they destroy the sound in my opinion and weren't even comfortable.

The Wickeds were really good in case of sound but that extra clamp force paired with that stiff/hard cooling gel killed them for me. +That gel felt weird in the beginning and lost it's cooling ability really quick, maybe i'll try a pair of their pads again if they release some without cooling gel^^

Soundwise they do some things and not that little in my opinion. Ofc bass got a bit boosted due to the bigger room, treble was nearly the same (Maxwells aren't that harsh peaking anyways), but the midtones just had something off, i cant really tell but some voices sounded too forward and sometimes like they were recorded through a "tube", i could fix it with EQ tho :)
Sorry that recommendation did not work out for you! Yeah clamp force is increased, but for me that was offset by not having my ears touch the inside of the cup. As to sound & soundstage differences, I was able with very minimal EQ to get the earphones where I wanted them, which wasn’t a big deal to me since I needed to EQ even with stock pads.

Anyway, I hope that you enjoy the Maxwells regardless of what pads you settle on!

Mar 19, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #4,379 of 4,424

Users who are viewing this thread

Back