Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v61 and HQ v97)
Apr 3, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #4,396 of 4,444
Found the ZMF Pilot Pad to help with comfort. Coupled that with Wicked Cushions and I’m quite cozy over stock.

IMG_1989.jpeg

IMG_1990.jpeg

That looks really comfortable! I’m also searching to up the comfort, that could be way better. But like the case before, I’m tired of those products are all made in the US and the shipping cost is the same as the frigging product or higher..

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #4,397 of 4,444
I'll try tomorrow connecting only the dongle and disconnect the BT. Another question, into that you guys use the Game or Chat ( for Audio and for Mic )? Just to be sure. Last time I tried(but BT was connected) I just could with any one them. No sound at all.
Just as a feedback, after starting using the dongle for Microsoft Teams all goes fine. I think the problem before was using the dongle WITH the bluetooth connection active at the same time with the computer.

Apr 3, 2024 at 11:30 AM Post #4,398 of 4,444
The case on sale is a great option for the Maxwells. If you have added the Wicked pads the fit will be snug, though. I may have to cut a bit of foam out, but amazing case for the price. I will test out a few more headphones in it.

Apr 3, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #4,399 of 4,444
The case on sale is a great option for the Maxwells. If you have added the Wicked pads the fit will be snug, though. I may have to cut a bit of foam out, but amazing case for the price. I will test out a few more headphones in it.
The fit is too snug for my liking so I have regrets. Was this a final sale? I might give it away to a friend. I rather keep Maxwell on a safe headphone stand.

Apr 3, 2024 at 9:18 PM Post #4,400 of 4,444
The fit is too snug for my liking so I have regrets. Was this a final sale? I might give it away to a friend. I rather keep Maxwell on a safe headphone stand.
I won’t store the Maxwell in these, as I never sore headphones in a case. For me the case is for transporting.

If the fit is too snug, and you don’t (or can’t) return it, you can always cut a little bit of foam to make it fit to your liking. Always remember to cut foam a little at a time.

Apr 5, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #4,401 of 4,444
I hope the day never comes that I need to replace the Maxwells, these things have been SO damn good. If I do, Audeze will be the first consideration!

I don't miss the days we were all here like crackheads waiting for the next bit of info to drop, or chasing shipments :sweat_smile:

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #4,402 of 4,444

I don't understand how this is considered an appropriate size for the Maxwell, or the other headphones the page listed as compatible. And I've gotten headphones that have come in a foam case before. The fit can be a bit tight, which is understandable (you don't want it to move around). But not this tight.

Almost feels like the sale price was discarding a bad batch or something.

But I'll be in Japan for two weeks (after the cases took weeks to ship, lol) and then starting a new job that's gonna be a ton of work, so I probably don't have the time or energy to deal with returning them given the price.

@jsmiller58 Any more tips for cutting the foam? It doesn't seem like a thing that should be difficult, but I've always been bad at stuff like this. (I'll probably get my significant other to do it, lol; I'll supervise.)

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:04 AM Post #4,403 of 4,444
I don't understand how this is considered an appropriate size for the Maxwell, or the other headphones the page listed as compatible. And I've gotten headphones that have come in a foam case before. The fit can be a bit tight, which is understandable (you don't want it to move around). But not this tight.

Almost feels like the sale price was discarding a bad batch or something.

But I'll be in Japan for two weeks (after the cases took weeks to ship, lol) and then starting a new job that's gonna be a ton of work, so I probably don't have the time or energy to deal with returning them given the price.

@jsmiller58 Any more tips for cutting the foam? It doesn't seem like a thing that should be difficult, but I've always been bad at stuff like this. (I'll probably get my significant other to do it, lol; I'll supervise.)
I haven’t tried to cut the foam myself, though I might this weekend. I will probably remove the foam and just use a sharp steak knife, cutting a little bit at a time. If I try the experiment I’ll report back on the results. One thing to note is that cutting by hand will clearly not result in as aesthetically pleasing a foam cuts as from the factory, but to me it’s not a big deal as the case only matters when it is closed :)

Mine also are tight but I think that is more to do with the Wicked pads… I’ll see if I can find my original pads and try them to see if that’s the issue before I do any cuts.

Apr 6, 2024 at 2:11 AM Post #4,404 of 4,444
I haven’t tried to cut the foam myself, though I might this weekend. I will probably remove the foam and just use a sharp steak knife, cutting a little bit at a time. If I try the experiment I’ll report back on the results. One thing to note is that cutting by hand will clearly not result in as aesthetically pleasing a foam cuts as from the factory, but to me it’s not a big deal as the case only matters when it is closed :)

Mine also are tight but I think that is more to do with the Wicked pads… I’ll see if I can find my original pads and try them to see if that’s the issue before I do any cuts.
Mine was tight with stock pads. I cut mine yesterday. It doesn't look great but it takes the stress off the headphones. I figure it's better to modify a $40 case vs potentially damaging a $300 set of headphones. Cutting was easy with a sharp knife. I'm attaching a pic. It looks rough but it works very well. I might try to clean it up later, but honestly if fits right and that's what matters to me. Sorry for pic quality. Didn't want to wait for daylight to take a proper pic.

Attachments

• 0.jpeg
    0.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 0
Apr 6, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #4,405 of 4,444
Apr 6, 2024 at 6:42 PM Post #4,406 of 4,444
All this talk of the Audeze case has led me to purchase 2 more 😀 I will have 4. I generally just keep my headphones on stands in various locations around my house. I think this will let me put more of them away...

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #4,407 of 4,444
All this talk of the Audeze case has led me to purchase 2 more 😀 I will have 4. I generally just keep my headphones on stands in various locations around my house. I think this will let me put more of them away...
If the foam cutout area were bigger I might be tempted too! Haha. I'm trying to keep my collection from getting too crazy, but having at least a couple cases to put stuff away is nice. As it happens, I'm heading to Japan for a couple weeks and wanted to put a lot of stuff away, lest the cat get too bored and knock a bunch of headphone stands over. (I have lots of stands but limited surface area to put them where he's not liable to brush up against the stands/headphones and knock them over in the process.)

At least two headphones will be safe while I'm gone!

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:25 PM Post #4,408 of 4,444
If the foam cutout area were bigger I might be tempted too! Haha. I'm trying to keep my collection from getting too crazy, but having at least a couple cases to put stuff away is nice. As it happens, I'm heading to Japan for a couple weeks and wanted to put a lot of stuff away, lest the cat get too bored and knock a bunch of headphone stands over. (I have lots of stands but limited surface area to put them where he's not liable to brush up against the stands/headphones and knock them over in the process.)

At least two headphones will be safe while I'm gone!
Ah yes, cats, our overlords! 😂. Safe travels!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back