Audeze - Our Maxwell Gaming Headsets! (latest: Firmware v56 and HQ v97)
Feb 27, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #4,351 of 4,424
Anyone facing Bluetooth issues using M$ Teams after last firmware upgrade?
After I end a call and enter in the next one, I have no sound. I have to turn off maxwell and turn on again to get it back. Never had it on old firmware.

Is there any way to downgrade the firmware? It's really annoying. I've already installed the new firmware again to check if it solved but not. Still using in M$ for calls if I jump fast from one call to another "really fast" my phone and microphone is connected but there's no sound. Have to turn on/off it.

Another point is that after a few minutres call, something like 30/40minutes, I got a degradation sound it starts to "crackling" and I also have to turn on/off.

I never faced it with other firmwares, really want to roll back.

ps: That happens only using Bluetooth only. Not trying with Dongle due to Range performance.

Feb 27, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #4,352 of 4,424
Is there any way to downgrade the firmware? It's really annoying. I've already installed the new firmware again to check if it solved but not. Still using in M$ for calls if I jump fast from one call to another "really fast" my phone and microphone is connected but there's no sound. Have to turn on/off it.

Another point is that after a few minutres call, something like 30/40minutes, I got a degradation sound it starts to "crackling" and I also have to turn on/off.

I never faced it with other firmwares, really want to roll back.

ps: That happens only using Bluetooth only. Not trying with Dongle due to Range performance.
Please email support@audeze.com for direct assistance.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Feb 28, 2024 at 6:08 AM Post #4,353 of 4,424
I got the Audeze Maxwell do a few days now, and I love them. Clamping force for me is a bit much, but I’ll get used to it. Sound quality is amazing. I got (for now) one thing that really bothers me. When connecting the dongle to my iPhone via the Apple USB camera connector the volume behavior is very weird. The first 1/3 volume up there is no sound. Than until 90% volume it’s very low volume, and the last 10% it bumps the volume to 2000%. So it’s very hard to get the right volume. Anybody recognizes this? On Bluetooth I don’t have this problem with my iPhone. In movies volume is also a lot lower on max volume then when I play it in Apple Music or Tidal. Running the most recent firmware for the headset and dongle.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #4,354 of 4,424
Finally made the right decision and recieved my pair of Maxwells 3 days ago :)
Sound is incredible for a wireless Headset, i do have "better" Gear for a longer dedicated Music listening session but these are way more convenient for everyday usage and gaming.

Only complaint i have left is the little discomfort for my ears after a few hours of constant usage due to my ears having contact with the driver housing. Ears heating up was never a problem for me.

Cuz of that i already was on the search for some new pads, found Wicked Cushions (not quite a fan of those, they seem more like a fashion product for me, nothing i really need on my headphones, besides those red cups of my TH900's xd).

In a few reddit threads some ppl mentioned "defean" pads with a little more height for the maxwell so that ears aren't touching the housing anymore and i ordered them today.
Does anyone in this forum/thread made some experience with those, especially soundwise? (They also look exactly the same like some i found on eBay from China for way less €, and i guess they might be the from the same factory^^)

Long story told, i also had a small chat with someone from Dekonis YT Channel and they said they also release some Pads for the Maxwells on March and that they do some "great things sonically".

Mar 10, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #4,355 of 4,424
Sound is incredible for a wireless Headset, i do have "better" Gear for a longer dedicated Music listening session but these are way more convenient for everyday usage and gaming.

Only complaint i have left is the little discomfort for my ears after a few hours of constant usage due to my ears having contact with the driver housing. Ears heating up was never a problem for me.

Cuz of that i already was on the search for some new pads, found Wicked Cushions (not quite a fan of those, they seem more like a fashion product for me, nothing i really need on my headphones, besides those red cups of my TH900's xd).

In a few reddit threads some ppl mentioned "defean" pads with a little more height for the maxwell so that ears aren't touching the housing anymore and i ordered them today.
Does anyone in this forum/thread made some experience with those, especially soundwise? (They also look exactly the same like some i found on eBay from China for way less €, and i guess they might be the from the same factory^^)

Long story told, i also had a small chat with someone from Dekonis YT Channel and they said they also release some Pads for the Maxwells on March and that they do some "great things sonically".
Try the black version of the Maxwell Wicked’s. No “fashion” statement.

Mar 11, 2024 at 8:32 AM Post #4,356 of 4,424
Try the black version of the Maxwell Wicked’s. No “fashion” statement.
Oh yeah, didnt see that option on the Amazon page thanks, dunno how i missed that :')
Maybe i'll give them a try if those defean pads are bad. Can you tell me something soundwise about the Wickeds? Saw some posts on reddit where they mentioned that they can't hear much of a difference compared to stock pads, but i can't really believe that with them being thicker + having a cooling gel layer inside

Mar 11, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #4,357 of 4,424
Oh yeah, didnt see that option on the Amazon page thanks, dunno how i missed that :')
Maybe i'll give them a try if those defean pads are bad. Can you tell me something soundwise about the Wickeds? Saw some posts on reddit where they mentioned that they can't hear much of a difference compared to stock pads, but i can't really believe that with them being thicker + having a cooling gel layer inside
Very little difference in the sound, really. But comfort is a game changer!

Mar 11, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #4,358 of 4,424

I couldn't get on with the deafen pads, they are so thick that it made the clamp force unbearable and delivered me pounding headaches within an hour or two, had to send them back and went back to the stock pads. I have some black wicked cushions on my mobius and they aren't bad.

Mar 12, 2024 at 11:25 AM Post #4,360 of 4,424
I've been using the defean pads for months and they're great for me. I got the cooling gel version with silky fabric option. They are a bit thicker than stock, but compress easily. I didn't have to adjust my headband from the medium setting. The cooling effect doesn't last long, but these don't heat up near as much as stock pads. What I like most about them most is the larger ear openings fit me better.

With a flat EQ, I made the following adjustments:

64Hz +2
125Hz -1
500Hz -1
1kHz +1
2kHz +1

Just my preference

Mar 12, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #4,361 of 4,424

I have the defean silky pads and love them.

Mar 12, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #4,362 of 4,424
I have one issue.
Connected to xbox and phone (bt).
After receiving a phone call mic is not switching back to xbox. I have to restart the headset to make it (mic) work again with xbox.
Any thoughts?
Make sure you're fully up to date on firmware version 56 for both headset and dongle. It may also take up to 10-15 seconds to switch over, so allow it time.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Mar 12, 2024 at 7:44 PM Post #4,363 of 4,424
Very little difference in the sound, really. But comfort is a game changer!
Ah man, i'll just ordered them now too :D think i gotta compare them with stock and defean myself^^ i've also seen that the Wickeds are only available with the mesh fabric, pleather or silky fabric for the seal would be so much nicer in my opinion :)

I've been using the defean pads for months and they're great for me. I got the cooling gel version with silky fabric option. They are a bit thicker than stock, but compress easily. I didn't have to adjust my headband from the medium setting. The cooling effect doesn't last long, but these don't heat up near as much as stock pads. What I like most about them most is the larger ear openings fit me better.

With a flat EQ, I made the following adjustments:

64Hz +2
125Hz -1
500Hz -1
1kHz +1
2kHz +1

Just my preference
Thanks for the EQ setting defo trying it out. Gonna start a longer listening session to compare the pads on my coming free weekend :)
Will post about it then :wink:

Mar 14, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #4,364 of 4,424
Are there any plans to add any new EQ wizardry to the Maxwell software suite? After using the new Peace UI headphone equalizer assistant for Equalizer APO I am convinced that equalizing your ears to the equipment is paramount to an amazing sound stage. The Maxwell's sounded good with its stock tuning but after equaling out left and right ears to match it is so much better in music and game surround. This should be looked at as a feature. Especially when so many headphone manufacturers, gaming and not, are starting to include personalized eq in their headsets.

Mar 16, 2024 at 12:57 AM Post #4,365 of 4,424
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back