Update on my dad
Mar 3, 2006 at 5:30 PM Post #31 of 44
I hope everything will be ok with your father - my prayers will go out to you and your family too.

Mar 3, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #32 of 44
My thoughts go out to you and your family during this troubling time, hang in there.

Mar 3, 2006 at 6:46 PM Post #34 of 44
Happened to my dad at 56, similar story. Happened to my mom who coulden't even get out of bed for a long time because her bones were cancer eaten and overly pourous and would break. The one in her leg did a could not even be repaired and left (why I can't remember) as an open, foot long incision for a long time. I have had my own body impacted by cancer and lost private parts near and dear to me. They say they have a cure but drug companies can make more money on multiple drugs over a longer period of time. There is no money in it for them if you are healthy. I know how you feel, believe me. My prayer list extends again.

Mar 3, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #35 of 44
Spend that quality time, and perhaps itll last longer than the prediction. Crossing more fingers here.

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #36 of 44
my mom is fighting ovarian cancer. you and your family will be in my thoughts as i spend time with my own family.

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #38 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glod
Just spend time together, it doesn't have to be something spectacular, like travelling the world. Fishing is great.

Hang in there, and keep talking to us.

Sounds like good advice to me.
Very sorry to hear the news.
Stay close to your family and friends. Try to keep talking about it all.

Mar 4, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #39 of 44
Thanks for the update, I was hoping for a ray of hope and perhaps you got it by realizing that time is a limited comodity. I do hope you all can find confort in each other and spend time together. May you all find strenght specially in front of your dad.

Mar 4, 2006 at 1:54 AM Post #40 of 44
Oh man... I'm not even sure what to say... My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time. My only though is to try and use the remaining time to bring your family closer together. Do the best you can to enjoy the time you have left with him.

God Bless,

Aaron

Mar 4, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #41 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
Apparently the cancer had been there for about 16 years however no one knew about it despite his going to the doctors regularly. He's so young too, only 50. I just can't believe we didn't even know about it two weeks ago, and now he has a time limit on his life.

Ahhhh, Dude, I am so sorry to hear all this. I was praying your father would come out well. I will continue to keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

As for the quote above, you may want to consider getting a lawyer. I don't know to much about medical malpractive but I think it is unreasonable for a doctor not to notice that father had cancer for 16 years, especially if he went regularly. This is just unfair IMHO.

Mar 4, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #42 of 44
Sorry to hear of your father's situation... my prayers are with you, your father and family.

Enjoy and cherish EVERY minute with him. He will have his ups and downs, the important thing is to be there for him in every way possible.

Peace,
Garrett

Mar 4, 2006 at 2:48 AM Post #43 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by so_cal_forever
Hang in there man. God can work miracles far beyond what we can imagine.

Yes, and we'll all be praying. A positive outlook, the looking forward to each new day with your family will keep you all going, HighFlying9. It's so often that we take life for granted and I thank you for reminding me about what is important.

Remember that you and your family need people to talk to as well. You are giving so much positive energy to the rest of your family that it has to be exhausting. Please don't forget to take the time for yourself to heal...we're all here for you.

Mar 4, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #44 of 44
Man those are really devastating news, and I feel very sorry. I only hope all your family will be able to share a lot of love and compassion and understanding. I must say I also feel touched by the fact that you share this news with everyone here. It truly makes this quite a lot more than just an html page. I really hope for the best for your father, you and your family members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back