UPDATE! CAPACITY RAISE! - SF meet Saturday Nov. 7th - We have a venue and date! It's really happening! CAPACITY RAISE!! WE CAN TAKE 20 MORE PEOPLE!
Nov 2, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #272 of 329

Small update (more good news):​

1. The sponsor Massdrop confirmed they will provide pizza for lunch 
    normal_smile .gif

1. Although no hints were given, there will be unreleased collaboration gear to try out!

Any last minute questions, feel free to ask us

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #273 of 329
  I just noticed a really good review of the Mojo. There was somebody who said they're ordering one - does it look like it will be there before the meet?
I'll bet the Mojo at the M9XX would make a killer portable setup (if it has an amp-only function).

I'm expecting the Mojo to arrive any day now. But I have no idea if it will arrive in time for the meet. Again, if it does, I'll bring it along. Keep your fingers crossed.

Nov 3, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #274 of 329
  Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster here.....hoping I can drop by if there's room....

Gene

Hello Gene! Listen man, all I gotta say is that's excellent timing! Yes according to the tally we still have space for you. Welcome to Head-Fi. I was a lurker for quite some years too. Don't worry if you don't have any gear anyway because it looks like we're already pretty chalked full of goodies for Saturday. Make sure to check the first page for the time & location of the meet, if you haven't already.

Nov 3, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #276 of 329
Correction for what I'm bringing on Saturday:

Bringing the Final Audio Design Sonorous VI, Philips Fidelio X1, and Trinity Audio Techne.
Probably will not bring the Beyerdynamic DT990 600 Ohms unless someone pm me to bring it.
Will instead bring Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless for those curious about the fit and sound.

Nov 3, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #277 of 329

I'm expecting the Mojo to arrive any day now. But I have no idea if it will arrive in time for the meet. Again, if it does, I'll bring it along. Keep your fingers crossed.

Shootout with my Chord Hugo! :)

Nov 3, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #278 of 329
@DecentLevi Hi man, sorry I got too busy these days and haven't confirmed my attendance. I will be there, and bring X5ii, B&W P7, FAD Heaven V aging. Sorry I cannot take th900 with me since I'll catch the bart. Any chance there is room for two of my friends? They will bring Paw Gold, PS1000e and Akg 812.

Thanks for organizing such a great event!

Nov 3, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #279 of 329
I'd love to come up if still room! What great timing, I just got into the hobby and would love to mix and learn at the event.
I would be coming solo from Santa Cruz.

I only have meager offerings tho,
1. AKG K7XXs (seems like everybody has a pair of these ... yaaawwwnnnn)
2. HiFi Man HM 650s with standard Classical II card and Minibus amp card.
3. Vintage Yamaha HP2 Orthos from the 80s, modded by dBel for better bass output
4. my first pair of cans: the several-year-old Ultrasone HF 550s, closed cans,
actually sound quite good with a simple iPhone, and good for urban ambulation

Lemme know, thanks, Gary

Nov 3, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #281 of 329
  @DecentLevi Hi man, sorry I got too busy these days and haven't confirmed my attendance. I will be there, and bring X5ii, B&W P7, FAD Heaven V aging. Sorry I cannot take th900 with me since I'll catch the bart. Any chance there is room for two of my friends? They will bring Paw Gold, PS1000e and Akg 812.

Thanks for organizing such a great event!

Great, that will be cool to see you again. And actually I would like to try all of that gear mentioned (hopefully I'll get time).

@fotomeow, yes there is still space. And the K7XX are actually a rare limited edition headphone - I would like to try it again too.

So for everybody who has requested to come so far - it looks like there is still room. The list of guests and gear on the first page is only a rough estimate, and it was updated by @dusk most recently on the 31st so my best guess is we're at around 50/60 people including the few recent members +1 and 2's not on there yet. But my hunch is that at this point we don't need to worry about the capacity, and some may not make it anyway.

Nov 3, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #282 of 329
Please put me on the list as I'm 95% certain I will make it.

As a noob, and as previously mentioned, I have nothing gear-wise to contribute.  Just would like to mingle, listen, learn... and narrow down my selections for a work system, and then down the road a higher end home system.

My current interests for a work system include DAC-19, GMB, Multifrost, GDA NFB-1AMP ... who knows what I might discover along the way though!

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #284 of 329
A COUPLE QUICK TIPS ON TRANSPORTATION:
 ​
  1. Parking: The parking lots we listed near the event (BestParking.com) are all valet parking. The closest which we had listed on 191 Battery St. is $15 for the whole day, and there are other lots about a block further for $10 that can also be found on that parking website (zoom in and look near the intersection of Bush & Battery, and be sure to change the date for Saturday)
  2. Plan ahead: It may be advisable to check the total travel time online in advance. I just checked and was surprised Google Maps says it should take 90 min. from San Jose during off-peak hours
  3. Address: Make sure to use the event address for Massdrop on 
    100 Bush Street suite 1000,​
     not the one shown for Massdrop on Google Maps which is 1235 Howard St.
  4. Coming early: If you come super early, take note that nobody will be there before 9:30am
  5. Getting in: When you arrive you should be able to come right in. There is usually security at the door and you may just have to let them know you're coming to Massdrop on the 10th floor (they will be communicating this with security in advance). Use the set of elevators on the right to get up to the 10th floor.

Nov 4, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #285 of 329

99% I can make it too - my only other visit was the Sofitel event [2013?] and I wished I'd gone a lot earlier -
my own equipment is very modest [NuForce Icon HDP, HD650 ] so I don't  expect anyone wanting to hear it ! [?]
I remember someone had an Abyss rig @ The Sofitel, just wished I knew what it was back then !

But if anyone is curious about the Mapleshade 'Clearlink Plus' USB Cable I can bring mine, they're pretty delicate but please let me know if anyone particularly would like to try, I anticipate being there maybe just over 2 hours 
Thanks and looking forward to meeting everyone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back