UPDATE! CAPACITY RAISE! - SF meet Saturday Nov. 7th - We have a venue and date! It's really happening! CAPACITY RAISE!! WE CAN TAKE 20 MORE PEOPLE!
Oct 21, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #167 of 329
OK here's the current attendance numbers: 34 / 40 max (including Jazzfan and several who are not yet on the 1st page)

This is an approximate count of course, in case anything changes. You can see a (semi up to date) list of attendees and gear on the first page of this thread.

I would like to request these people to please post here to re-confirm if they will be attending, and what (if any) gear they will be bringing please:
@Audiowood
@drfindley
@Zashoomin
@ichiboy
@JustinBieber
@wwyssh
@norepeat

For those of you just dropping back in, feel free to reference this link for the venue time/location

Also for anybody else who has not re-confirmed ever since the time/location announcement yesterday, please also post if you are coming, and any gear you may be bringing... we only are getting close to the max. capacity and need to make sure everybody can get in who is planning to. After that, we may be down to standing-room-only for any extra friends that tag along.

Oct 21, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #168 of 329
  Excellent list of gear, Jazzfan! Regarding Wi-fi, we will try to find out before the meet, but you may want to bring music on SD-cards just in case

Okay, just updated my equipment list to include a Squeezebox Touch w/SD card and a Parasound Zamp v.3 to drive the HE-6 just in case.

Oct 21, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #169 of 329
  I'm down!

Will be bringing:
Laptop
Chord Hugo DAC
Luxman P-1 headphone amp
Denon AH-D7000
Sennheiser HD800

In case there is table space shortage, I'm okay with sharing with another person's table.

Hi gzone3lement! Interested in sharing a table? I'd like to see how the iFi Audio Micro iDSD compares to your Hugo.

Oct 21, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #170 of 329
Hi gzone3lement! Interested in sharing a table? I'd like to see how the iFi Audio Micro iDSD compares to your Hugo.

Okay, let's do it!

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #171 of 329
Okay, let's do it!

Shootout! Shootout! Shootout!
wink_face.gif

Not sure if we'll be able to identify the subtle differences between the DACs under meet conditions. Nonetheless, I'm hoping it will be an interesting exercise. It should be fun!

Oct 21, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #172 of 329
^^ +1.
Especially since it's always the tendency of people at any social gathering to talk loudly - then further compunded by the need to talk louder to compete with the voices near you, and that it's in a semi-small room. Maybe one of you tech--savvy Head-Fi'ers can invent a remote control for human vocals 
etysmile.gif

Or better is if we can all try to talk quietly. I've always just turned up the volume to hear over the other noise and it works great.

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #173 of 329
I think that it would be interesting to have a few different shoot outs/comparative listening stations.  For example it seems people are interested in the Yggy vs. (well, just about anything)... I'd certainly lend my Geek Infinity to that cause  and if there happens to be an Ether C, then Ether C vs Audeze XC would be very interesting.

Oct 22, 2015 at 12:09 AM Post #174 of 329
Levi, I don't have a +1 showing on the first page. Please confirm. With all the stuff I'm bringing I definitely need a +1 just to get it all there haha

Oct 22, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #175 of 329
Yes sorry for the confusion. Although it may seem like I'm the ringleader, I'm only assisting the thread-starter to organize this. The thread starter is the one that All requests to update the lists would need to go to User @dusk by clicking that, or on his profile on the front page. His name is Alex.

I think that it would be interesting to have a few different shoot outs/comparative listening stations.  For example it seems people are interested in the Yggy vs. (well, just about anything)... I'd certainly lend my Geek Infinity to that cause  and if there happens to be an Ether C, then Ether C vs Audeze XC would be very interesting.

That sounds like a useful idea. However I think we have an even better way:
At local meets, we generally just come in and set up out gear, then either stay there and try other's headphones on our rig, or walk around to try / compare other gear. This way, we are free to try any chain that we imagine from any part of the room(s).

But as a general rule, ask the owner before unplugging / moving their gear, unless otherwise told by them. 
Also, I feel that we can all have integrity to watch over each other's things. Because I'll be the first to admit - my gear isn't the world's greatest and I'll be spending most of my time wandering around to see what can be had. But especially in such a semi-small room there's less chance of a breach.

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #176 of 329
added

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #177 of 329
looks like we're full up.  anyone else signing up will go to the wait list, if you have to drop out, please let us know ASAP so we can fill your slot with someone who can attend.  Thanks.

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #178 of 329
Got permission from wife and I'll be able to attend for a few hours.

My interest in headphone just started a few months back.  I purchased my 1st phone, Philips X2, a few months back.  It's sonic signature isn't what I like and I realize closed phone is more useful for me.  It sets off my search for closed head phone.

I have and can bring X2, & Monoprice 8223.  I am also selling the X2.  It's used infrequently and like new with it's original box & accessories.  Anyone interested and take a look when I bring it in.

If anybody has any of the following closed headphone, I'll appreciate it if you can bring and let me audition them:  Oppo Pm-3, akai MPC, M-Audio HDH50, KRK KNS 6400/8400, Mr Speakers Mad Dog, Takstar Pro 80, AKG K551,K553, K267, Shure SRH940, & PSU M4U1.  I listen to a variety of genre: KFOG, vocals, 80s pop, 90s alternative, 2000, pop/rock/metal, Classical: violin, J-pop, & HK/Taiwan pop.   I am sensitive to recessed, unnatural vocal or over powering high-bass.  Any other suggestion is also welcomed.

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #179 of 329
I have a Shure SRH 940 that I modded a little, but it's quite bright & analytical (I use it for studio monitoring / mixing). Would you like me to bring that?
I also have a Denon AHD-1001 I can bring if anyone wants to try it? And I saw someone else mention about bringing a small wooden Denon - I hope they can bring that too?

Oct 22, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #180 of 329
DecentLevi,  Shure 940 will be an interest for me.  Since I am just starting with this hobby, I am not 100% sure what I'll like.  I have been playing EQ with my 2 headphones and seems l like a bright/neutral phone even though my ear can get fatigue.  I'll appreciate it if you do bring it.  Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back