UPDATE! CAPACITY RAISE! - SF meet Saturday Nov. 7th - We have a venue and date! It's really happening! CAPACITY RAISE!! WE CAN TAKE 20 MORE PEOPLE!
Oct 21, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #136 of 329
Thanks for the heads up.  Don't know whether I can attend, as my business is one of those 7-day-a-week affairs and too unpredictable for advanced scheduling for other matters.

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #137 of 329
I will be going overseas next week so will definitely miss it. 
frown.gif

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #138 of 329
Bringing the Burson Conductor Virtuoso ESS9018, I use http://www.bursonaudio.com/products/cm6631-usb-module/ That is installed inside the Burson to connect it to my PC. 

If i use my main gaming PC as my source (foobar2000) SPDIF through USB Would I need to bring that( dont have a laptop or use a external hard drive for all my FLAC/vinyl recording). 

I have never hooked it up to any other Source besides a PC but perhaps someone could help with that. I can bring the entire thing its just cumbersome hahaha

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #142 of 329
I will definitely bring my Audio-Technica ATH-ANC33iS & ATH-ANC23 (unfortunately my HiFiMan RE-400s broke recently) I.E.M.s then. They are much lower end, but since they have ANC they should prove to be fairly interesting. Especially, once you hear them paired with my Browning HDR Hearing Protectors, or rather what you don't hear with them
wink_face.gif
In any case, I think the pair are really in a league of their own in terms of ANC and PNI, and it should fair to be quite the treat of a 'non-listening' experience for you guys.

Oct 21, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #143 of 329
Well if anyone has any Audio Wipes or wants to pick some up, that would be helpful because I for one am still not sure about using alcohol-based wipes for something that goes in the ear.

Some other headphones I would love to hear are the Stax SR-007, Hifiman HE-6, AKG K712 and the New Beyerdynamic DT-1770 - anyone? 
happy_face1.gif

Oct 21, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #145 of 329
  Well if anyone has any Audio Wipes or wants to pick some up, that would be helpful because I for one am still not sure about using alcohol-based wipes for something that goes in the ear.

Alcohol evaporates pretty fast, so it should be fine.

Oct 21, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #146 of 329
I'll definitely be in attendance and bringing my friend who will have his BD 770's, Fiio E10k, and Schiit Stack.

I'll have the AKG K812 and K7XX, Creative E5 (and maybe bring my X7 LE as well), plus my Oppo HA-1 and Sony UDA-1. I potentially could bring a couple items I have on loan right now, including a NOS DAC and an audio-gd C2 headphone amp. If anyone is interested, I can also bring my Blue Buds X by Jaybird, which are a favorite of mine as far as wireless/Bluetooth goes. Given what I'm bringing I will also likely have an iPod Classic, iPad and MBP to listen from. That should give everyone a good selection of listening options and my whole lossless library of almost 80k songs to get a good feel for what they might listen to at home.

Do you think bringing some bookshelf speakers would be kosher? I haven't done a meetup like this before, but the UDA-1 and X7 are both amps and I figure some may be interested in that functionality.

Edit: almost forgot that I have a brand new 32/384 SMSL M6 DAC/amp that I'm not going to be keeping. Plugged it in and it sounds great, but no need for it after acquiring the HA-1 so I will definitely bring that if anyone is looking for a below retail purchase on a great little piece of gear. I'd be glad to let it go at the meet.

Oct 21, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #150 of 329
Some other headphones I would love to hear are the Stax SR-007, Hifiman HE-6[...]

Seconding both of these. I haven't heard the 007s in forever and would love to compare them to the 009s.

I've also heard the he-6s can respond really well to modding.

Also, I'm bringing my 650s by request. I think they sound great, even though they're not on the same technical tier as the 800s or 009s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back