Upcoming Summit-Fi Electrostatic Headphone Round-up
Aug 4, 2023 at 2:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

rickles

100+ Head-Fier
What topics would you like to see covered in my upcoming Electrostatic Headphone Round-Up?

Will have the following gear:

Headphones:
Hifiman Shangri-La Sr. :scream:
Hifiman Shangri-La Jr.
Stax SR-X9000
Stax SR-007 (70xxx serial)
Audeze CRBN

Amps:
Stax SRM-007t
DIY-T2 "Lime Light" :scream:
Headamp Blue Hawaii SE

Sources:
Denafrips Terminator Plus
Holo Audio May KTE

I'm located in Michigan (DTW area) and willing to do a mini-meet to collect more impressions as well with fellow electrostatic aficionados. :upside_down:

Attachments

• IMG_6166.jpeg
    IMG_6166.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6078.jpeg
    IMG_6078.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 4, 2023 at 3:12 PM Post #2 of 14
I'm looking forward to your thoughts.

Aug 4, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #4 of 14
What topics would you like to see covered in my upcoming Electrostatic Headphone Round-Up?

Headphones:
Hifiman Shangri-La Jr.
Stax SR-X9000
Audeze CRBN

Amps:
Stax SRM-007t
Headamp Blue Hawaii SE

Sources:
Holo Audio May KTE

I'm located in Michigan (DTW area) and willing to do a mini-meet to collect more impressions as well with fellow electrostatic aficionados. :upside_down:

Congrats on the new acquisitions :) And didn't realize you weren't that* far away from where I am. Will have to try to make a mini-meet in the future :)

Thoughts on the x9000 vs. Sr., would be interesting, as they end up being a really good comparison. Also interested in your thoughts on the Sr.'s bass given your newish pads and how I found them different than my old/worn pads (the ones you heard mine with). Really looking forward to your thoughts on the T2 and BHSE as well. Looking forward to it!

Aug 7, 2023 at 8:57 AM Post #5 of 14

Headphones:
Hifiman Shangri-La Jr.
Stax SR-X9000
Audeze CRBN

Amps:
Stax SRM-007t
Headamp Blue Hawaii SE

Sources:
Holo Audio May KTE

Curious about any info anyone has on the Warwick Aperio

Aug 7, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #8 of 14
Following. Very interested in your conclusions. Totally agree the Warwick Aperio would be a great addition if it's possible to get your hands on one. The Warwick Aperio vs T2>Shang Sr matchup is top of mind for me.

Aug 7, 2023 at 6:08 PM Post #9 of 14
Would be great to include the Perun Rock electrostatic headphones in the comparisons
If no one else posts impressions, I'll try to post some of the Live Sound and latest version Rock when I receive them.

Aug 8, 2023 at 5:11 AM Post #10 of 14

Headphones:
Hifiman Shangri-La Jr.
Stax SR-X9000
Audeze CRBN

Amps:
Stax SRM-007t
Headamp Blue Hawaii SE

Sources:
Holo Audio May KTE

Would be great to see the Dan Clark Corina thrown into the mix, also a transformer setup such as Lundahls would be great if anyone had them available for you to use...

Aug 13, 2023 at 10:51 AM Post #13 of 14
Any update on the progress of this? :eyes:

Sep 11, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #14 of 14
I'm curious if anything ever came out of this.
Trying to decide if the X9000 is something I need to delve into, or if I am going to sit back for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back