Upcoming portable players... why don't they keep it simple?
Mar 4, 2006 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nsjong

Headphoneus Supremus
For the new line of MP3 players coming out from spring and summer, there are only oh so many attracting ones I saw...

One is definatly the new Panasonic SV-MP010/020 which gives 1GB and 2GB respectively. Simple yet cool, it has a 75 hour life with 1 AA battery. Drag and drop feature is another postive.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/panasonic/

Why don't all MP3 players keep it simple nowadays? I mean the companies just keep adding features. It hurts my brain just trying to find out every feature on a current portable player.

Do you guys expect so much from a portable player?

Mar 5, 2006 at 8:07 AM Post #2 of 3
Give me something that I can replace the battery with, that plays music perfectly, doesn't crash on me, and decent battery life, I'm fine with. Within all the months I've had my Zen Micro, I can count how many times I've used the radio and voice recorder. They're simply covieniences, nothing more, nothing less.

Mar 5, 2006 at 9:44 AM Post #3 of 3
What I really want is an optionally informative interface that allows MAXIMUM freedom (ie whether I can or can't use iTunes or drag and drop..forget the 3rd party workarounds) along with a updateable support for music codecs with a plethora of playback options.

Sounds like a bit much but in the end it isn't very much at all. But pdap companies don't seem to want to take baby steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back