Upcoming “big” SS amps
Mar 27, 2006 at 3:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

Kurt

1000+ Head-Fier
Meier Corda Opera; just a matter of time.
Singlepower SS; uncertain AFAIR.
Rudistor RP1000; on the way to the (Inter)National Head-Fi meet.

Others?

TIA
Kurt

Mar 27, 2006 at 5:54 PM Post #3 of 24
Singlepower SS???? Wow. I'll believe it when I see it.
confused.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
Singlepower SS???? Wow. I'll believe it when I see it.
confused.gif

here you go ken. a picture of a prototype from the DC / Maryland meet last summer.

j27.jpg

just to clarify, if it ever gets released it'll be under the goldpoint brand most likely, in that case pictured which is the standard case for the goldpoint passive preamps / level controls.

Mar 27, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #5 of 24
If Mikhail comes out with a portable it's all over but the crying!

Mar 28, 2006 at 2:16 AM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ayt999
here you go ken. a picture of a prototype from the DC / Maryland meet last summer.

j27.jpg

just to clarify, if it ever gets released it'll be under the goldpoint brand most likely, in that case pictured which is the standard case for the goldpoint passive preamps / level controls.

For further clarification, if Singlepower releases a SS amp, which I am inclined to think they will, the amp will be a Singlepower amp and not a Goldpoint branded collaberation product. The prototype SS amp I am getting is a Singlepower design, and again, if released, will only be released as a Singlepower product.
cool.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
For further clarification, if Singlepower releases a SS amp, which I am inclined to think they will, the amp will be a Singlepower amp and not a Goldpoint branded collaberation product. The prototype SS amp I am getting is a Singlepower design, and again, if released, will only be released as a Singlepower product.
cool.gif

ah, thanks for the more current info Earl. my info's quite outdated being from at least a year back.

Mar 28, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #9 of 24
Big?

pinkie.png

Mar 28, 2006 at 8:45 AM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
cool.gif

And if i remember correctly you will be the first to test out the prototype.

Would Mikhail allow you to post pics of it once or if you receive it?

Mar 28, 2006 at 9:52 AM Post #11 of 24
Meier Corda Opera???

whats all that about???

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #13 of 24
AFAIK, the Opera will have the same concept like the Aria. Something like the Arias big brother.
I heard the DAC section prototype and that is on a comparable level to the UDP-1.
smily_headphones1.gif

“Unfortunately” Jan is swamped with work and can not plan the further development atm.

Cheers

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #14 of 24
is there even a demand for 'big' ss headphone amps?

headamp takes custom orders and can make the gilmore as big as you want with dual mono huge power supply. i remember kuma had one built without a volume control to use with her audio art tube preamp. said it was a monster, haha.

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by panda
is there even a demand for 'big' ss headphone amps?

headamp takes custom orders and can make the gilmore as big as you want with dual mono huge power supply. i remember kuma had one built without a volume control to use with her audio art tube preamp. said it was a monster, haha.

Just like with any product, there will pretty much always be demand, the question is if there is enough demand to make it a common production good. I actually thnik it's funny that this type of question is asked, given that we are a very niche hobby that is essentially being supplied by many niche buisnesses for our associated products like amps, and such.

So yes, there is demand for a big/high level SS, but in all likelyhood you'd have to make a it a special order/request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back