Up to 100$ IEM's for:Prog metal, prog rock, alternative etc...
Jul 10, 2007 at 9:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

nadavnaz

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I need advice abou headphones pricing up to 100$ approximatly, IEM's as a matter of fact.

I've owned ep630's up to today, and liked them very much though I've found the bass to be overwhelming. [size=x-small](I listen to Prog. rock such as porcupine tree radio head, to some metal-Opeth, Dream theater, Etc., stuff like that. And the bass guitar always was to dominant.)[/size]

I lost one of the earbuds, and decided to simply get new headphones instead of getting replacment buds.

Look at the last post by me on this thread
smily_headphones1.gif

Thx, nadav

Jul 10, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedball /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out etymotic er6i's.

FYI, i'm not sure about the super.fi 3's, but I have some super.fi 5's, and they're pretty heavy on the bass, so you may want to steer away from Ultimate Ears.

Well, if the bass is as strong as the EP I would do that, the bass on the ep scoops over the mids pretty much

Jul 10, 2007 at 10:38 PM Post #4 of 14
Dude, just spring the bucks for the Etymotic ER-4S. You'll hear super clear bass lines, without any bloating. The kick drums won't hit you like a subwoofer speaker can, but you won't miss a note. Plus you'll be confident you just bought one of the best IEM's available by almost everyone's vote.

Jul 11, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #5 of 14
You should have an amp to get the best out of the ER4S and IM 716.

Super fi 3 or UM 1 sound ok without an amp.

Jul 11, 2007 at 12:29 AM Post #6 of 14
If your not a basshead I'd strongly recommend the E2C Kramer Mod. Simply remove the washer at the tip with a knife and bam opens up the highs and mids and makes the bass clearer.

They aren't that great when it comes to intense bass but it pair very well with rock and metal.

Jul 11, 2007 at 12:37 AM Post #7 of 14
Listening to well encoded porcupine tree digital audio files through a well burned in Audio Technica ATH-CK7 will blow you away. I listen mainly to PT, DT, Opeth, Nevermore, and Symphony X. All sound amazing through the CK7 since they have fantastic bass impact and can keep the treble sounding sparkly at the same time. The mids are also swell and guitars have an excellent crunch.

I don't know how many of these little CK7 "ads
rolleyes.gif
" I've posted in response to various threads but they just don't get the recognition they deserve.

Jul 11, 2007 at 1:20 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listening to well encoded porcupine tree digital audio files through a well burned in Audio Technica ATH-CK7 will blow you away. I listen mainly to PT, DT, Opeth, Nevermore, and Symphony X. All sound amazing through the CK7 since they have fantastic bass impact and can keep the treble sounding sparkly at the same time. The mids are also swell and guitars have an excellent crunch.

I don't know how many of these little CK7 "ads
rolleyes.gif
" I've posted in response to various threads but they just don't get the recognition they deserve.

x2. A great little phone. Great detailing, bright treble & nice bass impact if you get a good seal ( I had a few problems with the stock tips, but UE grey foamies are working well).

x2 on the X3s too! Warmer sig than CK7, w/ great staging, presentation & bass...

Jul 11, 2007 at 12:03 PM Post #11 of 14
Well, the audio technica doesn't have an over the ear style which I like caus it Cancels out some of the microphonics, then it's out for me.

The etymotic er-6i and Ue super fi 3 studio seem like 2 good options, easy to get in every online store. And they've been told to be the best pefromers withOUT an external amp.

The westone costs a bit to much for me, and isn't worth the extra price.

And the mylarone X3, I can't find it anywhere in online stores |:

And I understand the Zen Aurvana is pure ****?
smily_headphones1.gif

So I'm kind of leaning towards the ety's and Uears 3.

Can you put normal tips on the ety's or only flanges? I don't know how comfortable that would be for me. The ue's have standard ear tips and comes with many sizes while the ety's only has 2 kinds..

I'm confused >:

Jul 12, 2007 at 10:01 AM Post #14 of 14
You can wear the CK7 over-ear easily. I've tried it -works fine. Just means the logo is upside down. The AT website recommends wearing them sideways anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back