UP-OCC K501 Recable
May 6, 2009 at 10:55 AM Post #31 of 35
apatN,
You can write grandenigma1 and double-check, but I think it's braided beneath the nylon jacket before coming out at the Y in two twisted pairs.

You might want to talk with Bryan at Zynsonix about the braidability of this wire, too.
PAB

May 6, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #32 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you know what makes the CryoParts UP-OCC better than cryoed UP-OCC that can be gotten elsewhere? CryoParts really doesn't say. What they do describe, based on 7Ns purity and the OCC process, reads the same as other, cryoed UP-OCC wire. TakeFive sells a cryoed teflon-jacketed, 22AWG, Neotech UPOCC for $2.34/ft.

not sure...but at least it's stranded, not solid like the Neotech stuff?!
I got it from Whiplash : http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f149/n...r-wire-392889/

I'm from France, so making it at a meeting might prove to be somewhat difficult
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice looking recable. Do you think you can bend it more than in the pictures? I like to braid it but am still unsure about the stiffness. If it is really stiff it is probably not even possible to braid it the way I want to.

if you look at the some of the solid coppper stuff from scootermafia : Double Helix Cables

you could almost hang cloths on them
biggrin.gif

May 6, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #34 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you look at the some of the solid coppper stuff from scootermafia : Double Helix Cablesyou could almost hang cloths on them
biggrin.gif

Yeah I saw them. My plan is to leave the braid uncovered however and not cover it with 2 layers of sleeving like scootermafia does. In general I think the DH cables are too thick and stiff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you a good swimmer? : )

I am actually.
wink.gif

May 14, 2009 at 12:46 PM Post #35 of 35
UP-OCC recabled K501 v. stock DT880/2003

VERY Preliminary Impressions:

"Kodachrome" (Paul Simon)
Just a bit more tingle and finish to cymbal strikes with the DT880 ("Kodachrome" is a great "cymbals" track), and more cavernousness to the bass.

The Beyers are "airier" sounding on both the treble and bass ends, but that's not to be confused with a larger sense of spaciousness, either, where the K501 better the DT880. The K501 sound more saturated with midrange detail. The DT880 sound kind of takes you away, removes you, while the K501 come down to the ground with you and whisper in your ear (if that makes any sense).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back