Unusually packaged music?
Jul 19, 2005 at 1:37 PM Post #47 of 52
I can't remember if it was Alice Cooper's -"Schools Out", or the Rolling Stones - "Sticky Fingers"...but one of them came with ladies frilly underpants as the sleeve on the album, until it got banned, and turned into a standard paper sleeve, in the early '70's. I got one before the ban, but it is long gone.
That was before the era of Victoria's Secretions.
eek.gif

Jul 19, 2005 at 2:51 PM Post #48 of 52
Not sure about Alice Cooper, but was that Sticky Fingers albulm the one with the zipper on it?

Jul 19, 2005 at 4:11 PM Post #49 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Not sure about Alice Cooper, but was that Sticky Fingers albulm the one with the zipper on it?

yup

and if you looked behind the main cover you'd see the same body posing in white briefs

they actually made this into CD form some years ago, but that zipper did damage to the outer plastic case

Jul 19, 2005 at 4:39 PM Post #50 of 52
It was Sticky Fingers that came with the real panties, originally. My father owned it (yeah he was cool, then).

Jul 20, 2005 at 4:32 AM Post #51 of 52
This one is insane:
B0009MAPV8.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
Quote:

Originally Posted by viator122
I googled Merzbow and I found out he makes "noise". What exactly is it?

Noise. Don't you know what noise is? It's what you're playing when your parents yell, "Turn that carp down!"

No, seriously. It's a combination of feedback and distortion and etc. It's noise, just like what it says it is. It's not soothing white noise like ocean waves and wind and rain and such, it's like one continuous explosion.

It makes me smile. Quote:

Originally Posted by xixco
was this the vinyl release or have i just not really looked at my "book" for Kid A? *sits back feeling foolish*

It was behind the spindle on some copies of the CD. Not the booklet that is the front cover, there was a second one. I understand it does not come with current copies.

There was also limited editions of Kid A, Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief. I think I liked the one for Amnesiac the best -- that was the one that was made out to be like a library book from elementary school, complete with a due date card.

Jul 20, 2005 at 5:16 AM Post #52 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk

It makes me smile.It was behind the spindle on some copies of the CD. Not the booklet that is the front cover, there was a second one. I understand it does not come with current copies.

this makes me sad.

my special edition seems... suddenly not so special.
frown.gif

and that smiley makes me seem "bewildered"
who designed that!??
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back