Unofficial V-MODA XL Pads thread.
May 13, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #107 of 145
Hi everyone, Has anyone tried V moda XL pads on Sony MDR 7520 ?   I really want to upgrade from the skinny stock pads that come with these amazing headphones.

Thanks in advance

May 14, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #109 of 145
Anyone have trouble with your XL pads getting crushed and never fully expanding? Bought and sold a pair of M-100s on eBay that I could never wear comfortably and am thinking this may have been the reason.

Jul 7, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #114 of 145
I just bought the xl cushion pad. It does more comfortable since its deeper, but it still not so comfortable compared to my Sennheisers. I was wandering, it was written Memory cushion, so perhaps i misunderstand it with memory foam which is definitely the most comfortable material for a pad/cushion. When I took it out from the box, the cushion was somehow distorted and you need to squeeze it bit to re-mould it into shape. That's not nice. 

I was wandering if somebody ever DIY the cushion (maybe filling it with different kind of material) if somebody ever does, can you teach me how to do it? Thanks. So far comfy is the biggest problem with my Vmoda M100 (except that recessed vocal)

Aug 13, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #118 of 145
Well, IMO the sound doesn't change (not that I notice) It still as good as it with the original pads, but since the original is more shallow, the sound feel a bit more intimate, especially the vocal. But the rest actually not that different IMO. Maybe you just got some fugazi because of people's opinion. Well, anyway by the time it will get shallow since it pressed a lot with usage.

Aug 15, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #119 of 145
I personally find the difference night and day. With the Xl pads the bass becomes too harsh, while everything else seems laid back and boring.
It can't just be me who thinks it sounds better squished closer to the ears?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back