Unofficial V-MODA XL Pads thread.
Apr 27, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #47 of 145
May 11, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #50 of 145
Cos I like how the M100 sounds and the XS are great headphones but the music I listen to is very bass heavy and I love Bass so if the XL pads balance out the sound and improve comfort I think i'll end up going with the LP2. :p

May 11, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #51 of 145
Cos I like how the M100 sounds and the XS are great headphones but the music I listen to is very bass heavy and I love Bass so if the XL pads balance out the sound and improve comfort I think i'll end up going with the LP2. :p

LP2s are very good for house.
You love bass? The LP2s are good for bass but they are lacking. The M100s are better in every way.
I have the LP2, XS, M100. Just coming from my perspective.

May 12, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #53 of 145
Iv'e tryd the M100 and loved them but they are a bit to expensive for me, like is the bass really that less on the XS cos I really like how the XS look and the portability AMAZING but what im worried about is the sound :/ I love clarity but I need bass aswell but if the XS still give a really nice punch you can feel i'd be happy would you be able to do a comparison between the XS and M100 and tell me how they sound

Jun 3, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #55 of 145
Resurrecting this thread just to add my own $.02. I just received the XL Pads in the mail. 

Wow! The comfort and sound quality difference! The increased sound stage is really noticeable. I might be imagining things, also... but treble and mids are definitely more pronounced now. 

A bonus: I originally purchased the V-Modas with $40-50 off because of my student discount at the Microsoft store. Purchasing the XL Pads were a no-brainer after the reviews, and my desire to feel no more pain from my beloved headphones. Worth it! 

Jun 17, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #56 of 145
loving the XL pads with my m-100!

i love m-100 for the soundstage and bass. initially i kinda feel that the bass is a bit overpowering (almost like bleeding a little to the mids). with the stock pads the drivers presses my ear lobes, so after an hour or so my ear lobes hurts. 

then i ordered the xl pads, and boy my m-100 feels like a new headphone! the soundstage is almost like getting bigger, but to be more accurate it's becomes more natural. on tracks with dense instrument/arrangement i feel that it has better separation than with stock pads. less harsh high frequencies. maybe because with xl pads there's some range between the drivers and my ears? so it feels less 'loud' (not in terms of amplitude)?

i do feel it adds a little bit of low freq, but i'm not complaining because now i can hear the textures of the different instruments in the low frequency. also, maybe because with xl pads there's some range between the drivers and my ears? so it moves some air as the bass pumps? thus adding more clarity and authority to the low freq? or maybe i'm delusional as this logic is scientifically inaccurate? hahaha anyways i'm loving it and accepting the added low frequency as an advantage.

and the comfort! whoa, it almost feels like i don't have a headphone on my head. i was skeptical of how it will differ form the stock pads, as in your hands it doesn't feel much. from the photos on the web i thought it would be thicker/firm. but as soon as it's on my head, i don't want to take it off. it's supple, soft, better seal, better accommodate my ear lobes. my m-100 has been sitting for a while after i got new IEMs, but now it feels like a brand new headphone and i'm loving it!

on another note, it's kinda weird that most v-moda distributors in asia don't carry v-moda accessories. reaally hard to find these xl pads. can't find it in indonesian local resellers, even in singapore and malaysia v-moda distributors. finally i can find it directly from indonesian main distributor, but weirdly it's on a steep price. almost $35. and without box. it comes in a plastic bag with nothing else but the invoice.

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #57 of 145
I'm hoping for at least free shipping. I really do not want to pay $5 shipping for a $20 item. As for the XLs in the forum, they are gray, which I don't think goes well with the black M-100s.

LOL, at least you dont have to pay $15 to Australia.
They're $87 ! Not including postage on Amazon. V-Moda = V-Rip-off

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #58 of 145
Haha, a lot has changed since I posted last. I got a job and am no longer worrying over $5. I've had the XL Pads for a few months now. They're like different headphones with how comfortable these are now.

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #59 of 145
Haha, a lot has changed since I posted last. I got a job and am no longer worrying over $5. I've had the XL Pads for a few months now. They're like different headphones with how comfortable these are now.

Ye, it's not really the money, but I'm not gonna buy something and then pay the same in postage on principle.
They're $50 on Addicted to Audio (an Australian site). It just backs up my opinion that VModa products are generally over-priced. This is gotta be true because you get their $300 flagship product being reviewed as on-par with a hp I just bought for $79 AUD (UE 6000). And the reviews are pretty much spot on.

Jun 18, 2014 at 11:09 AM Post #60 of 145
I had a similar belief a few months ago, especially when I was low on cash. My issue was this: I sell stuff on eBay all the time, and I ship stuff all the time. For small items, especially small and light items (read: XL pads), you can ship very inexpensively. USPS First Class Shipping is always under $2, and that's for me, so if you're a big company with a contract, you could probably get that even cheaper (or that's just how it worked out in my head, that's really all speculation). So, paying $5 seemed ridiculous to me. But I got a job, and I started using my headphones more, so I coughed the money up. I don't regret it, although I do think that shipping is still overpriced. 

As for the price of the headphones, I do not think they're overpriced at all. You have to take in so many factors when figuring out a price, part of which includes the price of your competition. For all you get on your M100s for that $300 price tag, I think it's plenty worth it, especially when the all plastic competition is selling for the same price. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back