University of Waterloo (Ontario, Canada) - mini meet
Jan 24, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #17 of 35
Yea, too bad.

If it arrives before Reading Week, I'll host something then during that time off. A 1 week break from OS will be nice,
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #18 of 35
I'll be coming, 3pm should be fine! I also have 6 new AAA batteries
biggrin.gif
. I'll bring 'em along. So the sources will be what exactly? Also, I won't bring the iems, unless someone has a stash of foamies or something. I'll have my ipod on me, and if required can bring the laptop and ultra-high-fidelity creative external sound card.

edit: 4060, is that one of the long rooms with tiered seats? I remember once my group met in one of those smaller rooms on the 4th floor mostly used for tutorials (big white desks), and the power outlets were few and far between, so extension cables and such may be needed.

Jan 24, 2007 at 10:17 PM Post #19 of 35
I would love to come, but I am going home this weekend
frown.gif
If the weather is bad and I can't go home, I will for sure drop by.

Jan 26, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #24 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by mapleleafs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sooo which room is the meet being held at?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlorytheWiz825 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about MC 4th floor, a room with those big tables. So MC 4060?

Or somewhere else in the vicinity if it's closed.

Jan 26, 2007 at 1:55 PM Post #25 of 35
Do you guys regularly meet, or is this a rare thing?

I was thinking of coming, but might be too busy on saturday.
I dont have a very impressive collection, but could bring a pair of Sennheiser HD 201, and ER-4Ps.

Jan 27, 2007 at 1:15 AM Post #26 of 35
So it's almost Saturday (well, almost) and it doesn't seem so finalised. The room is 4060, correct? Also, what should I bring, the HD555s will be brought for sure, as well as AAAs for GlorytheWiz's bithead, since the HD555s come with a secure box and AAAs are well, AAAs
biggrin.gif
. The ipod will be along, but I don't have any mini-minis or mini-rca, so I don't know the effectiveness of that. Is someone bringing a CDP maybe? On the laptop front I'd rather not bring it (I have a nice idea though, I'll bring a linux live cd, so people can play songs in a no-write environment (well, assuming noone knows linux)), since it'll be a creative sb live doing the sound duties. The onboard sound is so full of noise that anything less than 32Ohms won't be listenable. If in a pinch, I can bring it, but almost all the music on it is in mp3, but I do have about 7-8 cds in apple lossless on it.

Hope to hear from you fine chaps before the allotted time!

Jan 27, 2007 at 3:06 AM Post #27 of 35
I think the plan is just to go to room 4060 initially, and if its not open, we'll just go somewhere nearby.

It'll be fine if you just bring your HD555, AAA's, sb live and ipod. If you don't feel comfortable bringing your laptop, then you don't have to bring it.

Hopefully, I can drop by tomorrow to meet with you guys, as my schedule is quite tight. I don't have much stuff to bring. I can bring a modded KSC75, an ep630 (bring your own tips if you want to listen), and a laptop with TBAAM. Similarly to vagarach, it should be noted that most of my music is in MP3 form on my computer, so you should bring your own CDs if you can. I can also bring a PA2v2, with a $25 mini to mini. Hope to see you guys there!

Jan 27, 2007 at 8:29 AM Post #28 of 35
I hope you guys have fun! Like I said, if anyone's interested in a mini-meet in April or later, I'd love to get together and take my gear along. Hopefully we can arrange something
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #29 of 35
i will bring my laptop, 4X AAA, dt770, ath cm7, govibe + ps
i dont think the sony phone are worthy. any want me to bring them? mdrxd-300

O, and on my laptop, i have that ultrasone demo cd but like no other songs at all since it has been formated and been only used like a week, I have put off transferring the songs to it

please bring CD's if you have any good listening CD's

Jan 27, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #30 of 35
Hey everyone. Successful meet.
smily_headphones1.gif
I'll make a longer post later as I'm in hurry to get to Futureshop for a DS Lite. Glad to see everyone come out, we definitely should do this again in April!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back