University of Virginia Student Graduates in One Year
Sep 20, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #2 of 52
Very impressive. Friends of mine went to UVA and it's definetely not an easy school.

But still, one should try to (reasonably) prolonge university life, not shorten it.
biggrin.gif

Sep 21, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #5 of 52
I think he has no life.

Sep 21, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #6 of 52
no he did at some point.

"His first semester, he took 23 credits and found he had more time than he did in high school to spend with friends, playing games (video games or board games, he clarified, not drinking games). Or just hanging out."

Sep 21, 2006 at 12:48 AM Post #7 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
no he did at some point.

"His first semester, he took 23 credits and found he had more time than he did in high school to spend with friends, playing games (video games or board games, he clarified, not drinking games). Or just hanging out."

23 units... my god.

I don't think I could manage those!

I'm taking only 14 right now.

Sep 21, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #8 of 52
I think a better title would have been, "Teen completes 60 units at UVA in one year". From the title they used I was wondering how it was possible to complete ~120 units in 2 semesters. I can see 23 being do-able, depending on the courses he took. I took 19 units one semester when in school and I still had free time. Now 37 is completely ridiculous, but a professor of mine one told me about a student they had who was working 40 hours a week and took 21 units, so some people really have drive.

Sep 21, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #9 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
23 units... my god.

I don't think I could manage those!

I'm taking only 14 right now.

How many credits per each course?

In the college I graduated from, taking more credits would need your advisor's approval plus you have to pay more money since your tuition only covers so many credits. But taking signficantly more credits means you gotta have something to prove yourself.

Sep 21, 2006 at 1:58 AM Post #14 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Pak
I believe my friend knows someone that graduated from UBC (British Columbia) at 17, and got into medicine at the same university at 18.

How about this guy from the US, who got into college at 9, graduated in 3 years, and entered the Pritzker School of Medicine at the University of Chicago at age 12:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/EDUCATION/08...wonder.kid.ap/

1500 SAT, 37 MCAT, IQ 200+. yeah....

I mean geez, UChic? That's like the hardest school in the US, and their medical school makes no exception.

Sep 21, 2006 at 2:12 AM Post #15 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Teerawit
How about this guy from the US, who got into college at 9, graduated in 3 years, and entered the Pritzker School of Medicine at the University of Chicago at age 12:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/EDUCATION/08...wonder.kid.ap/

1500 SAT, 37 MCAT, IQ 200+. yeah....

I mean geez, UChic? That's like the hardest school in the US, and their medical school makes no exception.

That is amazing!

Still other than his IQ those board scores aren't phenomenally exceptional to enter medicine at 12!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back