Unique Perspective
Mar 17, 2011 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

OneUberNoob

New Head-Fier
Found this site while going through many, many reviews for in-ear headphones around the $150 range. 

I ended up purchasing the Klipsch Image X5 today and they should be here in the mail on Friday.

Anywho, most of the people here are hardcore about their listening habits. What I mean by this is you guys and gals know your audio and have, for the most part, spend much money on your hobby (or job, whichever applies). 

What I am going to do is offer a "unique perspective" on my headphones. You see, I have never owned anything better than a $20 pair of headphones (which I didn't even buy!) and have no plans of purchasing an amplifier as of now. When I post my review of the X5's it will be from a completely different perspective then most of you, like a person seeing light for the first time (or most likely something far less poetic than that).

My credentials? None, really. I love music and work the mixer for my church on Sunday's (Clash Church).

I'd thought I would drop my first post since I'm hoping to pick up much information from you ladies and gents, and the review should be up by Monday. 

PS. Before you throw me to the wolves I'll let you know that this one will be listening to high bitrate songs!

Regards,
One Uber Noob

Mar 17, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #2 of 4
Welcome to what I believe is one of the best forums on the net.

It's nice that you picked up the Klipsch X5. They're on my shortlist right now. They may be a bit dated but I've heard a lot of excellent things about the sound. Balanced and detailed moreso than the X10 (I've heard the bass on the X10 intrudes on the mids) and they still have noticeable bass which is pretty good for 1 armature driver. The only thing that worries me about them is the cable. Klipsch doesn't exactly make the best cables but hopefully that isn't the case with you.

Look forward to the review.

Mar 17, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #3 of 4
Look forward to the impressions. I was on Audio-T-Board and started with the JVC FX55 and AT CK5. Then I found Head-fi and got a Super.fi 3. You're off to a good start as far as earphones go.

Mar 17, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #4 of 4
welcome to the board, good choice in the klipsch as i heard they are adored for their comfort, however, my inkling suggests that this will not be your last headphone purchase : D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back