Unique Melody UK trading as Aurista
Dec 23, 2014 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Steeler

New Head-Fier
Just a line to update you on my experiences of the above Company.
Paid for reshelling of Ultimate Ears, sent earphones, impressions. Quoted 6 weeks. Now 10 weeks, 10 wriiten requests to company for update ( no phone number ) including Royal Mail recorded delivery .
NO RESPONSE AT ALL.
Having to reclaim monies from credit card company and small claims court.
Has anyone else encountered these problems.?

Dec 23, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #2 of 5
  Just a line to update you on my experiences of the above Company.
Paid for reshelling of Ultimate Ears, sent earphones, impressions. Quoted 6 weeks. Now 10 weeks, 10 wriiten requests to company for update ( no phone number ) including Royal Mail recorded delivery .
NO RESPONSE AT ALL.
Having to reclaim monies from credit card company and small claims court.
Has anyone else encountered these problems.?

Hi there Steeler.  I’m sorry that you’ve had such a bad experience with Unique Melody UK. Unfortunately, a friend of mine also had a nightmare dealing with them. He purchased some CIEMs from them and was very clear on the order form and by email the type of design he wanted.  He was told it was possible.  After waiting a long time and chasing them constantly, he finally got the earphones but not at all the way he wanted.  It was only after Unique Melody UK had his money and he complained that they said they couldn’t create the CIEMs according to his specifications.

They are a very dodgy operation.  I work close to the business address listed on their website and what they claim to be their office is actually an ironmongers (owned by the same company).  It was quite amusing, as they had told my friend by email they used an office space and to ask at "reception".  When I went in and asked for the person my friend was corresponding with, the staff called him on his mobile.  Unfortunately, my friend paid with PayPal and after an investigation they wouldn’t refund his money, as their buyer protection doesn’t cover custom products.

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #3 of 5
Hi Malifact

Thanks for your response. I did some research before buying from this company but didn't spot any adverse comments at the time. I did send them a contact for response and got a call back pretty quickly but that was before I'd ordered and paid !. I've paid by credit card and my credit card company are now doing their bit , hopefully I will  be covered under section 75 for the monies paid but I'm filing with the small claims court for the cost of the impressions and earphones sent. That may not  retrieve any cash but at least a county court order will be on their records for the next 6 years.

All in All a lousy experience, and seems I'm not the only one  !!

Mar 24, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi there,
I have had a very similar experience with them. Sent my Shure se530 for reshelling about 12 weeks weeks ago. Their website shows "sent to lab" I have tried to contact them multiple times about the delay with no reply. All you have to go on is their website and an email. No phone number or anything. I will now have to take it up with paypal to get my money back. Avoid!

Mar 24, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #5 of 5
Avoid Unique Melody.  I had a terrible experience with them when I ordered the 3DD.  I did eventually receive the product but it was very poor quality and the experience was much the same as flushing money down a toilet while being insulted and ignored by people who just don't care.

There are many quality companies manufacturing CIEMs, UM is not one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back