Unique Melody TWS Announcements Thread
Apr 29, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #31 of 93
What wired earphones can you compare it to?
And how is ambient mode?

:)
I honestly have not spent enough time with them yet---especially ANC/ambient modes--but just a quick, maybe too quick assessment, using my gear on hand--I would say Denon AH-D7200 ( ? maybe)---really nice powerful bass---somewhat relaxed controlled high end with a centered mid----but I REALLY have not spent enough time to give a serious review---they are good--REALY good. I am VERY happy. I did not charge them last night so am now listening as I recharged--really nice bass---rumble----like my 7200's----rich, textured--slamming, controlled---unlike anything I have heard on any other tws--
I Have the Noble Mystiques, Falcon Pro, Senn M2, Devialet Gemini , Final Eva, Grado GT 220, Sony X3, could not get X4 to fit, FiiO s latest...Tanchjim, Nakamichi, M&D MW07Go, Monster Inspiration, others blah, blah, blah...these have the bass, like no other. These are special--------I am enjoying them immensely so far-----😜 Very nice soundstage---imaging...everything you could ask for--clarity, resolution---so far, so good---but as I said I really only have about 2 hours in---------no complaints as of yet!

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #32 of 93
I’d be very interested in a comparison with the Samsung Galaxy Buds Pros.

Apr 29, 2023 at 11:24 PM Post #33 of 93
Mine just arrived this afternoon. I tried out my Ipad(Hulu)first but didn't download the app yet. I kept getting random pauses on the show I was watching. I'm not used to my show pausing when I pull the iem out. Have to get used to that. Maybe I need a better seal. OOTB with the original tips the sound was decent but needed more bass for my needs. My medium size starline tips did the trick for bass but now the U-Frees wont fit in the charging case (frustrating).

Tried my phone with Spotify. No problem connecting and sounded good but couldn't stand the jump in volume steps from my phone. U-Free gets plenty loud though even from phone. Moved on to the Fiio M15 with Spotify. The volume pot made adjusting the volume much easier to fine tune.

I may have to do some more tip rolling. I'd say I'm almost satisfied with the fit despite having to fiddle every now and then to keep a great seal.

This is my first experience with bone conduction so I was very excited to experience what its all about. After about 4 hours of listening to music today, I'm kinda underwhelmed with bone conduction. Maybe it meant to be subtle enough to compliment the music being listened to. On that note, the more time passed listening to the U-Free, the less I worried about bone conduction. It handled everything I threw at it with ease.

Apr 29, 2023 at 11:24 PM Post #34 of 93
I honestly have not spent enough time with them yet---especially ANC/ambient modes--but just a quick, maybe too quick assessment, using my gear on hand--I would say Denon AH-D7200 ( ? maybe)---really nice powerful bass---somewhat relaxed controlled high end with a centered mid----but I REALLY have not spent enough time to give a serious review---they are good--REALY good. I am VERY happy. I did not charge them last night so am now listening as I recharged--really nice bass---rumble----like my 7200's----rich, textured--slamming, controlled---unlike anything I have heard on any other tws--
I Have the Noble Mystiques, Falcon Pro, Senn M2, Devialet Gemini , Final Eva, Grado GT 220, Sony X3, could not get X4 to fit, FiiO s latest...Tanchjim, Nakamichi, M&D MW07Go, Monster Inspiration, others blah, blah, blah...these have the bass, like no other. These are special--------I am enjoying them immensely so far-----😜 Very nice soundstage---imaging...everything you could ask for--clarity, resolution---so far, so good---but as I said I really only have about 2 hours in---------no complaints as of yet!
I’d they even equal the Noble FoKus Pro and gave ANC to boot I’ll be happy as a pig in… shiznit

May 1, 2023 at 1:53 PM Post #35 of 93
Damn these sound nice… my only minor complaint is that the case doesn’t close with my favorite Acoustune tips. The included ones didn’t fit and give me a seal

Ok I found some of the huge collection of included tips that fit pretty well.

And to be fair, those acoustune tips don’t fit in some of my other cases either.

Last edited:
May 1, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #36 of 93
And to be fair, those acoustune tips don’t fit in some of my other cases either.

Still, I don't understand why so many manufacturers make cases that small.
Sure, the majority will stick to default tips and they won't experience anything like it, but if someone with more demanding ear canals tries to pair the TWS with some unordinary tips, they're screwed.

This applies not only to TWSes, but to many Bluetooth adapters, too. Yes, KZ BT20S, I'm looking at you. Same goes to iFi Go Pod..

May 1, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #37 of 93
Still, I don't understand why so many manufacturers make cases that small.
Sure, the majority will stick to default tips and they won't experience anything like it, but if someone with more demanding ear canals tries to pair the TWS with some unordinary tips, they're screwed.

This applies not only to TWSes, but to many Bluetooth adapters, too. Yes, KZ BT20S, I'm looking at you. Same goes to iFi Go Pod..
Ha me too dude. I just don’t want to sound like a whiner about it but it is pretty frustrating for me. I even use rubber bands to hold some of my cases closed. And the ironic thing is the UM case is huge.

May 1, 2023 at 8:48 PM Post #39 of 93
These ate battery like it was nothing last night. They lasted three hours before the battery warning came on. So sad to put them on the charger because the music sounded so good from Tidal and Gonemad.

Finally downloaded the app on my Ipad, changed some settings. I turned on "Block Touches". Much easier to get a seal without an accidental touch. You can use the U-Free app and change settings while on a different Bluetooth device at the same time. Equalizer is very basic with the options flat, rock, pop, classic, and user. I've just kept mine on flat.

May 1, 2023 at 11:25 PM Post #40 of 93
These ate battery like it was nothing last night. They lasted three hours before the battery warning came on. So sad to put them on the charger because the music sounded so good from Tidal and Gonemad.

Finally downloaded the app on my Ipad, changed some settings. I turned on "Block Touches". Much easier to get a seal without an accidental touch. You can use the U-Free app and change settings while on a different Bluetooth device at the same time. Equalizer is very basic with the options flat, rock, pop, classic, and user. I've just kept mine on flat.
I had a strange thing happen. When I took them out of the case earlier, the left bud was only halfway charged, while the right one was fully charged. I listened for a while, then put them back in, making sure the contacts were touching on the left and the case was closed all the way.

When I got them back out a little later, they were both charged. It's also weird how the case light just flashes twice and then goes off.

May 6, 2023 at 11:10 AM Post #43 of 93
I am having all kinds of issues with my pair. Working with MusicTech to hopefully get them resolved.
I share your sentiment. That's why I prefer purchasing from MT whenever possible. A few months ago, I bought some UM indigos through the classifieds here, and the wire became loose. Andrew from MT was extremely helpful; he asked me to send the earbuds directly to him and got them repaired for me.

May 9, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #45 of 93
LDAC is Sony's standard, not Samsung's. And available to all Android phones.
I'm aware. Let me rephrase: Sony's LDAC codec is widely (if not quite universally) available on Android phones, including the all of the phones from Samsung. None of the Samsung phones have support for aptX HD, LL, or adaptive. So, UM has effectively excluded the market segment of audiophile Samsung phone users (and some others). That may have been a deliberate business decision; but, it seems to me it would have been a good idea to support LDAC here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back