Unique Melody Newest Flagship-- Mason Fabled Sound Special Edition/Mason Fusang CIEM&UIEM
May 16, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #541 of 1,311
I'm too young to have experienced the 60's/70's but it gives me that distinct vibe. The wood, the ocean blue between, a very swanky look about them.

May 16, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #543 of 1,311
I'm too young to have experienced the 60's/70's but it gives me that distinct vibe. The wood, the ocean blue between, a very swanky look about them.

I was just starting to realize the universe existed in the later 60s and early 70s, too young as well for much of it when it was happening.

The 60s
Jazz, the pop of the 50s, gave way to Rock, not before many amazing early 60s recordings. Than the rock explosion happened that made way for the expansion and experimentation of the 70s.

The 70s
Close To The Edge, Selling England By The Pound, Nick Drake, First Light, Here Come The Warm Jets, Boys Don’t Cry, Layla, Edu Lobo, Headhunters, Jaco Pastorius, The Koln Concert, Lark’s Tongue, and …

The late 70s to early 80s is when I started to appreciate what was unfolding, too late to be congnizant while it was happening.

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #544 of 1,311
All the photos and praise have sold me on the Mason... placing my order tomorrow, should have it and the MEST 2 by Thursday/Friday!
Congrats! I have a feeling that you will love it with your MHA 150. :)

May 16, 2021 at 4:29 PM Post #545 of 1,311
Question for those who own both Traillii and MasonFS/Fusang owners:

I've found Legend X and Traillii have nearly the same fit for my ear shape, and those iems fit very well. I am thinking of Fusang for the future, but Bone Conduction performance likely highly correlated to the quality of fit. How is the fit of Traillii/Legend X compared to Mason?

Last edited:
May 16, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #546 of 1,311

I've found Legend X and Traillii have nearly the same fit for my ear shape, and those iems fit very well. I am thinking of Fusang for the future, but Bone Conduction performance likely highly correlated to the quality of fit. How is the fit of Traillii/Legend X compared to Mason?

The mason shell was big and uncomfortable for me. No problems on fit for the other two.

May 16, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #547 of 1,311

Traillii has the perfect fit for me back when I did my audition with it. FS is definitely a size larger but it fits me just fine. I got some minor discomfort as well initially on my left ear, but I think my ear adjusts now and it goes away.

May 16, 2021 at 7:50 PM Post #548 of 1,311
Very good fit for me with my medium sized, standard, MOR, regular human ears. My ears are really very standard size :D But the fit is incredibly good actually. They're a little on the heavier side of IEMs but that creates this nice hefty feel. Hard to explain. They feel as good as they look. But I've heard some have some problems.

May 16, 2021 at 7:53 PM Post #549 of 1,311
Very good fit for me with my medium sized, standard, MOR, regular human ears. My ears are really very standard size :D But the fit is incredibly good actually. They're a little on the heavier side of IEMs but that creates this nice hefty feel. Hard to explain. They feel as good as they look. But I've heard some have some problems.

yes, no problem for my ears as well. ✌️

May 16, 2021 at 11:15 PM Post #550 of 1,311
six grand for a mason fs why?

May 17, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #551 of 1,311
Congrats! I have a feeling that you will love it with your MHA 150. :)
Order placed! I’ll hopefully have it by Friday, it needs to arrive in Spain and then my sister will ship it to me first

The MHA150 I’d absolutely LOVE to try it with but unfortunately it’ll be a few weeks until that happens. For now, the PAW6000 will have to do :)

May 17, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #552 of 1,311
Order placed! I’ll hopefully have it by Friday, it needs to arrive in Spain and then my sister will ship it to me first

The MHA150 I’d absolutely LOVE to try it with but unfortunately it’ll be a few weeks until that happens. For now, the PAW6000 will have to do :)
Congrats!!!

I am thinking that the Fusang could use a dap with an even stronger music control than 6K, but I guess we can wait and see first. :)

Last edited:
May 19, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #553 of 1,311
Looks like the Fusang has landed on Musicteck. :) We should see some new users here very soon.

Share your thoughts here about the pairing idea with Fusang/FS, and we can all explore this wonderful IEM.

May 19, 2021 at 1:17 PM Post #554 of 1,311
Looks like the Fusang has landed on Musicteck. :) We should see some new users here very soon.

Share your thoughts here about the pairing idea with Fusang/FS, and we can all explore this wonderful IEM.
It’s already on its way to me! Should have it soon!

May 20, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #555 of 1,311
Finally got my iDSD Pro back from repair and got a chance to use Mason FS with the tube setting, which adds a nice touch of warmth but is still overall a very neutral source. This replaced a Hugo 2 and I actually hear a pretty similar level of detail and sound signature, but in tube mode the iDSD gives just a hint more texture around the notes. It's the best source I have heard and it does FS justice.

I listened to V3+ extensively on the iDSD Pro on both solid state and tube settings (sadly it's boxed up and on the classifieds, you should buy it, it's less than 1/3 the price of the FS and 95% as good...sorry that's the end of shameless plug) and found it to be an intensely layered, natural, realistic sound. The FS is maybe even more realistic given the true feeling of the BCD technology, but it's neck and neck. Where V3+ has more oomph in the lows, denser and more natural mids and smooth but detailed treble, the FS has leaner lows and mids, but more air, with a more sparkly treble. Both have that Mason house sound, but FS is more reference-tuned.

Anyway, still greatly enjoying FS after a week and glad to have my BAE source back. FS was GREAT out of R8, but it's even more special out of iDSD Pro with tubes playing into the IEMs strengths. I have not encountered anything that didn't sound great on this IEM and being absolutely beautiful is a nice bonus. Cable is outstanding as far as sound quality is concerned, but you pay for it with a slight hit to ergonomics. Such is life :)

Huge shout out to @MusicTeck for amazing service and always having the best stuff to satisfy the thirst of new gear syndrome which I experience regularly.

-Collin-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back