Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Oct 7, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #4,201 of 7,318
I think the usual approach is for you to bite down on a stick, to have your mouth slightly open while the stuff in your ears hardens.
Hey man, what you get up to on a Friday night is your own business....

Oct 7, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #4,202 of 7,318
Oct 8, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #4,207 of 7,318
Oh yes. Eletech Fortitude 8. It's a great cable but I'll be selling it soon. Going with either Iliad, Socrates, or Prudence 8.

Fortitude is excellent for weight. But I feel for the MEST it does veil it a bit.

Great cable for the Variations
Now they announced 2 new cables

Oct 8, 2021 at 12:29 PM Post #4,208 of 7,318
Oct 8, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #4,209 of 7,318
This is hard for me to admit as I've been a big proponent of Amazon HD streaming service, but I was wrong. I just switched to Tidal HiFi and wow!

These MEST MK2 come alive. I highly recommend atleast to try Tidal if you are currently using Amazon. Yes Tidal is 2.5x the cost but the quality to me is absolutely atleast 2.5x better. Much more holographic and engaging. Deeper bass, cleaner and more detail retrieval, vocals are still amazing.

I'm somewhat blown away by how much better the mest sounds by changing my source.

Oct 8, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #4,210 of 7,318
This is hard for me to admit as I've been a big proponent of Amazon HD streaming service, but I was wrong. I just switched to Tidal HiFi and wow!

These MEST MK2 come alive. I highly recommend atleast to try Tidal if you are currently using Amazon. Yes Tidal is 2.5x the cost but the quality to me is absolutely atleast 2.5x better. Much more holographic and engaging. Deeper bass, cleaner and more detail retrieval, vocals are still amazing.

I'm somewhat blown away by how much better the mest sounds by changing my source.
You can pick up a Tidal HiFi 1-year sub from BestBuy for less than direct from Tidal - difference comes down to $23

Oct 8, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #4,211 of 7,318

Yes. Source is critical. Rubbish in, rubbish out. The digital source is also important. Hence, the DAP or desktop source that is used will also color the sound signature. In the entire chain, the transducer is the last part.

My ear impressions should be making its way across to UM this weekend. I am looking forward to receiving it back in about a month or so. Then I won’t have to worry about getting a proper seal or adjusting etc. Let’s see how this experiment goes. @UniqueMelody I recall that is your recommendation for the Mest II?

I am more on the fence about the Fusang which seems much more consistent with Xelastec ear tips. But let’s see... :)

Oct 9, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #4,212 of 7,318
PXL_20211009_061011376.PORTRAIT.jpg

Whizzer easytips

Oct 9, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #4,213 of 7,318
' This is hard for me to admit as I've been a big proponent of Amazon HD streaming service, but I was wrong. I just switched to Tidal HiFi and wow!

I have Tidal too but I like Qobuz more. No MQA, and maybe I'm imagining it, but Qobuz sounds better to me. Tidal have a larger catalog for some genres, so I use both, seamlessly integrated in Roon, with a few of my own offline files sprinkled in... Couldn't wish for more. :)

Oct 9, 2021 at 8:27 AM Post #4,214 of 7,318
Oct 9, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #4,215 of 7,318

Users who are viewing this thread

Back