Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Oct 10, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #4,217 of 7,306
Which model did you end up going with/preferring?
ET 100 and SS20
ET 100 have more balance, SS20 more soundstage and imaging, VC 20 cannot fit into the nozzle

Oct 11, 2021 at 6:49 AM Post #4,218 of 7,306
Oct 11, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #4,219 of 7,306
The MEST Mk2 will keep me a very happy camper for a long time. After few weeks, I can happily say I have no regrets with the impulsive jump to custom that I really took on a gut feeling.

It fills my spot for a DD, while also answering different questions I like being answered in my set-up mainly being having products that have the wonderful implementation of emerging technologies. I’m a sucker for bone conduction and ESTs.

The sound is right up my alley, and perfect for my music. It’s vibrant, energetic, and not lacking in one area or the other while never being piercing or too exciting to listen to for long periods of time.

The comfort of my custom is great, and despite being an excellent deep deal with artist style fitment, it disappears after a period of time once I insert it in right!

My 13 Pro Max will be coming in tomorrow, so I look forward to playing with the Macro mode and getting to show you guys the beautiful texture that I went with for the gold foil/carbon fiber design.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #4,220 of 7,306
The MEST Mk2 will keep me a very happy camper for a long time. After few weeks, I can happily say I have no regrets with the impulsive jump to custom that I really took on a gut feeling.

It fills my spot for a DD, while also answering different questions I like being answered in my set-up mainly being having products that have the wonderful implementation of emerging technologies. I’m a sucker for bone conduction and ESTs.

The sound is right up my alley, and perfect for my music. It’s vibrant, energetic, and not lacking in one area or the other while never being piercing or too exciting to listen to for long periods of time.

The comfort of my custom is great, and despite being an excellent deep deal with artist style fitment, it disappears after a period of time once I insert it in right!

My 13 Pro Max will be coming in tomorrow, so I look forward to playing with the Macro mode and getting to show you guys the beautiful texture that I went with for the gold foil/carbon fiber design.
Absolutely!! So glad to hear your experience with the custom. Now that mine are damaged and I have to send mine back for repair I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I look forward to your hi res macro shots!!!

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #4,221 of 7,306

Do you notice much/any difference in sound signature? Finding the right tips is so integral to MEST's sound, I wonder how ditching tips altogether might affect the sound?

Oct 11, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #4,222 of 7,306

Thanks for the impressions, @Sebastien Chiu . I have taken the leap of faith and my ear impressions are on its way to UM. Will report back in a few weeks on how it turns out. My first brand of customs other than FitEar in about 10 years. :)

Oct 12, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #4,224 of 7,306
The MEST MKII is in today's review on Headfonia - with comparisons to the UM MEST family and other EST driven IEMS

https://www.headfonia.com/unique-melody-mest-mkii-review/

UM MEST MKII (6).jpg

Oct 12, 2021 at 11:31 AM Post #4,225 of 7,306
Just bought Sony Spare Earbuds EP-EX11
Great sound with great details and soundstage.
Provide better comfort with it's soft silicone

Oct 12, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #4,227 of 7,306
Oct 12, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #4,228 of 7,306
Oct 12, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #4,229 of 7,306
After some hassle about finding the right tips (Symbio W) for my Mest's I think they sound perfect. In my opinion they have no weakness.

Does anyone know's a (TOTL) headphone with a similar sound signature (sub bass, imaging, details, sound stage and separation) to the Mest?

What comes closer to the sound of the Mest. A planar or a dynamic headphone?

Oct 12, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #4,230 of 7,306
After some hassle about finding the right tips (Symbio W) for my Mest's I think they sound perfect. In my opinion they have no weakness.

Does anyone know's a (TOTL) headphone with a similar sound signature (sub bass, imaging, details, sound stage and separation) to the Mest?

What comes closer to the sound of the Mest. A planar or a dynamic headphone?
That's hard to say really. An iem and a headphone are 2 different beast that do different things in different ways. The Mest Mk2 is an amazing iem. I went through about every tip imaginable but finally ended up with the Azla Sedna earfit light. I had to use the medium small I believe. Normally I wear a medium to large depending on the iem. The earfit light works perfect for me because it sits deep in your ear canal which helps keep them in place. I tried the earfit light shorts but they eased their way out over time. To me the Azla sedna earfit light had the best fit and sound of every tip I tried. It was the clearest , most dynamic, and detailed tip I tried. I had to experiment to find the best fit and I learned a lot about ear tips. I have a case full of different tips because different tips and sizes work with different iem's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back