Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Jul 7, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #256 of 7,306
Missing adapters? A bit confusing. I did NOT receive any 4.4mm-to-2.5mm or 4.4mm-to-3.5mm adapters with the 4.4mm cable option I chose from MusicTech. You seem to have received 2.5mm-to-4.4mm and 2.5mm-to-3.5mm adapter along with the 2.5mm cable you might have chosen as shown in pics. Could anyone here confirm having received any adapters along with chosen 2.5mm or 4.4mm balanced cable?

I actually asked Andrew at MusicTeck about that on another UM item and he said that the review samples are shipped with the adapters but not in the regular retail package. My MEST did not include adapters. The reviews should probably clarify this point to avoid confusion.

Jul 7, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #257 of 7,306
Yes, that's correct. 2.5mm cable + adapter to 3.5 and 4.4. I'll modify it in the article. I'm sorry but if they do this specifically for us, it's hard to tell.

Jul 7, 2020 at 7:23 AM Post #258 of 7,306
Missing adapters? A bit confusing. I did NOT receive any 4.4mm-to-2.5mm or 4.4mm-to-3.5mm adapters with the 4.4mm cable option I chose from MusicTech. You seem to have received 2.5mm-to-4.4mm and 2.5mm-to-3.5mm adapter along with the 2.5mm cable you might have chosen as shown in pics. Could anyone here confirm having received any adapters along with chosen 2.5mm or 4.4mm balanced cable?

UM-MEST-2.jpg
Maybe because he ordered the custom?

Jul 7, 2020 at 7:24 AM Post #259 of 7,306
Yes, that's correct. 2.5mm cable + adapter to 3.5 and 4.4. I'll modify it in the article. I'm sorry but if they do this specifically for us, it's hard to tell.
Don't understand how you can like that stock cable. I just got mine Friday and I ordered the Leonidas II to replace the stock, so happy I did that!

Jul 7, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #261 of 7,306
Really? I do dig it, but I also like the cables on the Mason V3 and Mason V3+. What didn't you like about it?
Just sounds very brittle and harsh to my ears...Maybe the review unit I got on the tour was not burned in? I've got my stock up for sale, maybe I should burn it in a little and spend some time with it. I'd like to know more about it's composition, do not understand all the secrecy...

Jul 7, 2020 at 9:21 AM Post #262 of 7,306
Review after review singing MEST praises. Think I'll have to get a pair of these. They sound untouchable for the money. 😎
I got the Leonidas cable with mine, and yes it was an investment, but the Leo takes these to the next level...

Jul 7, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #263 of 7,306
Really? I do dig it, but I also like the cables on the Mason V3 and Mason V3+. What didn't you like about it?
Also, I'm surprised you did not consider the high end a tad hot...All the tip rolling I do with the MEST is designed to control the treble to various degrees...I actually like the stock tips a lot, right now I am using the JVC spiral dots. The yellow spinfits are a little too hot for me, ok for short term listening, but they get a bit fatiguing for marathon all day listening sessions on a Sunday...Don't get me wrong, I love the treble, it just seems they need to be controlled a little to get the best presentation. But also, I have not finished burning them in yet, they only have about 80 hours on them, so I'll see what the high end is like at the 150 hour mark.

Jul 7, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #264 of 7,306
Few updates here:
1. I have just added the general information about Mini MEST on the first page.
2. We have generated lots of feedback from customers and participants. Most of them mentioned that MEST is "tip sensitive" and recommended foam tips which will deliver a smoother impression than silicone tips. The bass performance would have significant improvement after applying foam tips.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com
Jul 7, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #265 of 7,306
Few updates here:
1. I have just added the general information about Mini MEST on the first page.
2. We have generated lots of feedback from customers and participants. Most of them mentioned that MEST is "tip sensitive" and recommended foam tips which will deliver a smoother impression than silicone tips. The bass performance would have significant improvement after applying foam tips.

I find it really great that Unique Melody finally finds back to its old strengths - by pulling out innovative tech and also a greater variety of earphones in different price brackets! :beyersmile:

Jul 7, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #266 of 7,306
Also, I'm surprised you did not consider the high end a tad hot...All the tip rolling I do with the MEST is designed to control the treble to various degrees...I actually like the stock tips a lot, right now I am using the JVC spiral dots. The yellow spinfits are a little too hot for me, ok for short term listening, but they get a bit fatiguing for marathon all day listening sessions on a Sunday...Don't get me wrong, I love the treble, it just seems they need to be controlled a little to get the best presentation. But also, I have not finished burning them in yet, they only have about 80 hours on them, so I'll see what the high end is like at the 150 hour mark.

Don't forget that mine is a custom version, but yes, the treble section is excellent and nowhere near hot (for my taste and ears)

Jul 7, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #267 of 7,306
Don't forget that mine is a custom version, but yes, the treble section is excellent and nowhere near hot (for my taste and ears)
I tried the foam tips and they seem to sound the best!

Jul 7, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #268 of 7,306
@Ultrainferno You reviewed UM Mason V3+ few months ago. Do you still have this since it was a custom? I would be really interested to hear your impressions of Mason relative to MEST.

MEST is my first UM and I am impressed. Naturally, I got an upgrade-itch to explore UM offerings and wonder what you would get going to Mason V3+. I think your service would be greatly appreciated by all parties if you could give us an idea of UM lineup. UM doesn't get talked about as much as, say, CFA, so your reviews and someone like @Layman1 are IMHO very valuable.

Putting price aside, I'm guessing MEST does some things really well/better while Mason providing a better total package (but sacrifice, or just different in, some areas).

Jul 7, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #269 of 7,306

I'm sure Leo II is nice :) but I'd give it some time on the stock cable. I thought it was brittle at first too and I was inclined to grab my PW No.5 copper. Maybe combined with drivers settling down, I am now quite happy with stock cables.

I've settled on Sedna Earfit Light but I admit I haven't given the stock ones a fair time. I also have Sedna Xelastic coming in this week which I'm looking forward to trying.

Jul 7, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #270 of 7,306
I'm sure Leo II is nice :) but I'd give it some time on the stock cable. I thought it was brittle at first too and I was inclined to grab my PW No.5 copper. Maybe combined with drivers settling down, I am now quite happy with stock cables.

I've settled on Sedna Earfit Light but I admit I haven't given the stock ones a fair time. I also have Sedna Xelastic coming in this week which I'm looking forward to trying.
I'd like to know what the stock cable is made of... Have you ever tried the Leo? It's rather phenomenal...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back