Unique Melody ME.1 Planar IEM
Oct 6, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #121 of 381
Ranfan, Thanks that helps a lot. In exchanges with some folks using the Audeze units have told me that these units are for home use as they need big amps. Also found a few reviews online that state even trouble with the Kahn lacking enough power to get the real thing out of these units.

I used the ME-1 units today at the office and these were comfortable and was able to get good isolation with Red Comply. Spin Fits and Symbio W were not good for me. I also found that Comply Guard type (TSX) provided good seal but also a twist on the sound signature

Oct 13, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #122 of 381
I changed cable to the Me.1 and it made a big difference.
Now the mid bass are more pronounced, it widened the sound stage and added resolution.

I feel that the Me.1 are more enjoyable to listen even without any change in the EQ.

IMG_4004.jpg

Oct 13, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #126 of 381
Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #128 of 381
Music Sanctuary.
I checked this morning and the silver flash is not available on their website anymore, they have the cooper version and of course other pwaudio silver cables, if you really like this one send an email to they customer service (hello@music-sanctuary.com), they should still be able to provide you one.

Oct 14, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #130 of 381
it's a specific connector for this earphone, extruded socket (also Ultimate Ears use the same one), a regular 2 pin connector can fit this socket , but I would use it only to test a cable.
Here are a couple of pictures.

A link that explain the socket used on the Me.1.
http://uniquemelody.co/news/new-cables-and-extruding-sockets/

Nice pics , the connectors looks pretty long , are these comfortable to wearing over the ear style ,?

Oct 14, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #131 of 381
Nice pics , the connectors looks pretty long , are these comfortable to wearing over the ear style ,?

No, I would not use for long time the regular 2 pin connectors, this was just a picture showing that they can fit the extruded socked, in case you want to demos different cables before buying one.

But being so long it would add stress to the connectors.

If you look at my other post with the pwaudio flash cable you can see the right connectors for the ME.1

Oct 18, 2017 at 1:16 AM Post #132 of 381
I finally was able to spend sometime with an LCD i4 and compare it against the UMME-1. Not an expert enjoy the discovery of new music , sounds,etc. This is pretty short a lot of websites have really in depth detail reviews. Both units are fantastic new approaches to the IEM market. Its great that Audeze and Unique Melody have taking the step.

a) Comfort or ergonomics: I found body bodies to work fine with my ears. The attachment of the LCDi4 is not an easy as the UM ME-1. Both need tip rolling to find the best seal. However the UM had always a best seal in my mind
b) Weight , both fell pretty close, however when walking around in my house I felt more secure and even feel with the UM-1
c) Looks. I like the LCD look, however when wearing outside if my home. The UM look much more normal
d) Amplification: Using my X5 3rd Gen with a Fiio A5. The UM ME-1 was really great, the LCD felt the need for a bigger amp. AS I purchased the IEM's for easy transport and use. The Sony Xperia XZ Premium drover the UM very well. The same with an LG V30. The Audeze seem to want more power !!!!
Cable) I like no doubt the UM cable the most,weight, look,etc. Sound wise I only have the original cable with each
Sound) No Eq on the ME-1, however I seem to need an EQ with my LCD a lot more. Sound stage, detail retrieval, bass and clarity are both fantastic. Sound isolation in a Starbucks, go UM ME-1. The Audeze did not give me th same isolation. In particular testing Bubbles - Yosi Horikawa, these units gave me a lot more detail that my BA/DD IEM's

I like both units and the sound signature, will be looking for a nice Christmas present !!!! to have both planars. No doubt Audeze is almost 2.5 x the UM. But we have to understand that the Audeze are made in USA California and this really is heavy in cost versus China

Oct 18, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #133 of 381
I finally was able to spend sometime with an LCD i4 and compare it against the UMME-1. Not an expert enjoy the discovery of new music , sounds,etc. This is pretty short a lot of websites have really in depth detail reviews. Both units are fantastic new approaches to the IEM market. Its great that Audeze and Unique Melody have taking the step.

a) Comfort or ergonomics: I found body bodies to work fine with my ears. The attachment of the LCDi4 is not an easy as the UM ME-1. Both need tip rolling to find the best seal. However the UM had always a best seal in my mind
b) Weight , both fell pretty close, however when walking around in my house I felt more secure and even feel with the UM-1
c) Looks. I like the LCD look, however when wearing outside if my home. The UM look much more normal
d) Amplification: Using my X5 3rd Gen with a Fiio A5. The UM ME-1 was really great, the LCD felt the need for a bigger amp. AS I purchased the IEM's for easy transport and use. The Sony Xperia XZ Premium drover the UM very well. The same with an LG V30. The Audeze seem to want more power !!!!
Cable) I like no doubt the UM cable the most,weight, look,etc. Sound wise I only have the original cable with each
Sound) No Eq on the ME-1, however I seem to need an EQ with my LCD a lot more. Sound stage, detail retrieval, bass and clarity are both fantastic. Sound isolation in a Starbucks, go UM ME-1. The Audeze did not give me th same isolation. In particular testing Bubbles - Yosi Horikawa, these units gave me a lot more detail that my BA/DD IEM's

I like both units and the sound signature, will be looking for a nice Christmas present !!!! to have both planars. No doubt Audeze is almost 2.5 x the UM. But we have to understand that the Audeze are made in USA California and this really is heavy in cost versus China
So the ME.1 hold his position nicely against LCDi4 ,

Oct 18, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #134 of 381
So the ME.1 hold his position nicely against LCDi4 ,

I would say that the Me.1 is above the isine20, but still below the i4.
The Me.1 is a better choice to use every day, better insulation, easier to travel with since it doesn't need a powerful amp or dac, any dap can drive the Me.1 without any issue.
Regarding the EQ, I have some reserve, when I started listening to the Me.1 with the standard cable I felt the vocals (especially male) to be too recessed for me and the treble in need of some sparks.
Now, like I already wrote, I changed the cable to a PWaudio silver flash, and this helped to bring forward vocals and treble. I'm much more satisfied with the earphones now.

I have to say that I'm using the Me.1 more than the i4 since it's easier to drive.

Oct 18, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #135 of 381
Yes it did, I was surprised because I went in thinking about the cost.But I forgot that they were manufactured on 2 very different places, hence this skewed the picture.

You can find some differences , but I like the signatures much better than some of the similar priced IEM's

If I am in my house reading, I would use Audeze. Traveling I would use the UM due to the isolation and different amplifier required

Users who are viewing this thread

Back