Unique Melody ME.1 Planar IEM
Oct 23, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #151 of 381
Are you using any EQ Chris?

Oct 23, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #152 of 381
Are you using any EQ Chris?

Yeah, I floored everything and built it up and 1Khz absolutely must be the lowest slider. It's usually 500 for me on a 10 band EQ but 1Khz takes me from shout to superb.

20171023_235433_001[1].jpg

20171023_235339[1].jpg

Oct 23, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #153 of 381
Oct 24, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #154 of 381
Yeah, I floored everything and built it up and 1Khz absolutely must be the lowest slider. It's usually 500 for me on a 10 band EQ but 1Khz takes me from shout to superb.

Just for kicks used your AR2 settings on my X5/A5 rig and found a bit like muffled or less openness. Not a sound expert just describing the test, I used the Viper Eq as it was easier to use manipulate values. Hopefully that is what I supposed to get. I still feel a quality sound signature from this unit,

Oct 24, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #155 of 381
Just for kicks used your AR2 settings on my X5/A5 rig and found a bit like muffled or less openness. Not a sound expert just describing the test, I used the Viper Eq as it was easier to use manipulate values. Hopefully that is what I supposed to get. I still feel a quality sound signature from this unit,

Yeah I use a slightly different version on the AP200 so depends on personal taste and a little bit on device it seems

Oct 24, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #157 of 381
Yeah I use a slightly different version on the AP200 so depends on personal taste and a little bit on device it seems
Thanks BTW I watched your video comparing planars, DD and BA. That is very helpful to understand now your settings and what you are trying to address. Pretty awesome for me. Hopefully you can share later some of your EQ settings for planars.

Oct 24, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #159 of 381
Thanks BTW I watched your video comparing planars, DD and BA. That is very helpful to understand now your settings and what you are trying to address. Pretty awesome for me. Hopefully you can share later some of your EQ settings for planars.

It is a learning curve topped off by personal taste. The responsive nature of the driver type makes it fun. much more like molding clay while a DD is like carving wood :)

That AR music player pro looks like an exact ripoff of UAPP.

It is a modified app done with UAPP and apparently they (UAPP) made some money out of it :wink: I am glad they worked together as it is my favorite app.

Oct 26, 2017 at 2:01 AM Post #162 of 381

"A" "B" ing with the ME.1 and Audeze and they are more alike than I thought. Fan freakin tastic with a tad of user input via EQ

I've been actively contemplating acquiring one of these. Can you see any advantage with respect to sound quality of one over the other? How do they do with reproduction of various types of percussion? Some reviews, at least of the isine, have seemed to imply a relative lack of lower-end dynamics.

Oct 26, 2017 at 3:12 AM Post #163 of 381
I've been actively contemplating acquiring one of these. Can you see any advantage with respect to sound quality of one over the other? How do they do with reproduction of various types of percussion? Some reviews, at least of the isine, have seemed to imply a relative lack of lower-end dynamics.

Without an EQ they are both very linear in bass. unnaturally so. That is an easy fix with a quick boost to 30-125hz peak at 55-70.
More on the discovery side for everyone is between 1Khz and 9Khz.
The clarity level is unrivaled by anything not planar. Even before adjusting you get amazing detail retrieval. That makes it worth it to me to figure it out.
The cable on isine is ghetto. on ME.1 it's pimp jewelry. I like the bling :wink:

Oct 26, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #164 of 381
Without an EQ they are both very linear in bass. unnaturally so. That is an easy fix with a quick boost to 30-125hz peak at 55-70.
More on the discovery side for everyone is between 1Khz and 9Khz.
The clarity level is unrivaled by anything not planar. Even before adjusting you get amazing detail retrieval. That makes it worth it to me to figure it out.
The cable on isine is ghetto. on ME.1 it's pimp jewelry. I like the bling :wink:

Been fairly convinced about the advantages of planars and the clarity/detail is an attractive feature. It's great one can readily increase the bass quantity.without harming the rest of the spectrum. How about the transient response and impact in the bass?. Been leaning towards the ME.1 on the basis of reported comfort/ergonomics/build quality. But if there were a sound advantage with the isine20...

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #165 of 381
Been fairly convinced about the advantages of planars and the clarity/detail is an attractive feature. It's great one can readily increase the bass quantity.without harming the rest of the spectrum. How about the transient response and impact in the bass?. Been leaning towards the ME.1 on the basis of reported comfort/ergonomics/build quality.but if there were and sound advantage with the isine20...

The speed of the driver is a mental adjustment. Notes that would carry over into others that are close in time and freq do not with these. Dynamic as a whole and even BA are almost analogue sounding (warm,smooth) while this sounds cold but incredibly flexible. I can hear things that i have not heard before because of the response speed of my normal dynamic drivers. (EX1000 my fave)

The malleability of these is the whole draw. I can make them, with time, do whatever I want.

I have never seen a THD chart for these but they must be half of what DD are which makes a huge difference between the low to mid transition which is the hardest point with DD

Bass impact is not a DD level. Have not really compared clearly with a 4BA (bass ba) like in a U12. I will though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back