Unique Melody Martian: UM's New 2DD + 2BA Universal-only IEM
Mar 10, 2017 at 8:21 PM Post #286 of 338
Hi! Just to check with those who have this iem for quite sometimes. I have bought not long ago but compare it with my oriveti primacy, the bass of Martian seems lacking the sub-bass. I wonder if the bass will be more after more burn-in time for the dual dynamic driver? I like Martian for the treble and sound stage but sub-bass seems lacking.

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #289 of 338
  How do these compare to the T8ie MkII? Trying to decide which one to buy.

VERY different signatures.
T8iE put a lot of emphasis on bass and have a fun lively signature.
Martians actually don't that much bass (at least considering they're using 2 dynamic drivers), they're just flatter overall, with an emphasis on clarity and details.

People have given impressions in this thread.
Unless this is your first IEM, and you don't know what kind of signature you like best, it should be an easy choice given the large difference between these models.

Apr 9, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #290 of 338
My Martian finally burn-in recently.

Before it is burn-in, I had been cable rolling from stock to sxc24, scx8 and also bought the pw no5 as i find the bass is not enough so trying cable rolling. I find that the stock cable and pw no5 is better than sxc24 and sxc8. Still not satisfied about the bass, i start tip rolling. From stock silicon to foam tips then bought the JVC Spiral Dot tips and found the bass is good!

I thought it is because of the tip but when i try cable rolling again using my sxc24 and sxc8 again, I found the bass is good! I realize my Martian has finally burn-in! Now, enjoying my Martian. I almost wanted to sell it away but luckily I had waited else i will regret it.

May 7, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #292 of 338
How long do u took to burn-in? i realize my Martian still lacking of bass. Anyway to recommendation improve? Thanks
Honestly, no amount of burn-in will compensate for a lack of bass.
Bass tend to tighten with burn-in, not increase.

You can also experiment tips or cable changes, but unless you already have cable/tip stocks to use, do not spend a lot of money, just change for IEMs with more bass, this is not what the Martians are about, despite their 2 dynamic drivers.

May 7, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #293 of 338
Honestly, no amount of burn-in will compensate for a lack of bass.
Bass tend to tighten with burn-in, not increase.

You can also experiment tips or cable changes, but unless you already have cable/tip stocks to use, do not spend a lot of money, just change for IEMs with more bass, this is not what the Martians are about, despite their 2 dynamic drivers.

Giving the low end, maybe up to around 60 Hz or so a 2 or 3 dB boost with EQ could help you out there as well without really destroying the integrity of the sound.

May 26, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #296 of 338
Hi can u guys check the plug to see if there are cracks? They are not really cracked up but as they are visible so I am kinda worried. My previous 2nd Martian also has this case.

Attachments

• IMAG0785.jpg
    IMAG0785.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Jun 28, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #298 of 338
Which part of the plug?

Mine is torn at the cable around the ear .. anybody know where can we can replacement cable? I realise most cable is either mmx or different pins.

If you email UM they'll cover you for a replacement cable.

service@uniquemelody.org

Jul 1, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #300 of 338
Not as common as 2 pin and mmcx, but plenty of places offers this cable. You can find plenty on Luna shop or Aliexpress, some premium brands also offer them, for example Effect audio.

Simply search for Ultimate ears connectors or cable. Just be careful, don't buy the one for triple find, must have these angled connectors of USE, UM, Qdc.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back