Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Feb 3, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #7,156 of 7,365
I’m thinking of rejecting my payment, It will not sound good enough I believe

Feb 3, 2024 at 7:47 PM Post #7,157 of 7,365
Feb 3, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #7,158 of 7,365
But it seems to be Thick enough like 8 wire but it is 4, maybe it will finease the sound instead of deteriorating it, maybe 8 wires is better but can slower a little bit of Mest speed, dynamics, dk
You're in the Game! The Ares S is a fine cable, 8W takes all that the Ares S is and just beefs it up. To be honest, really liked my Indigo with the stock cable, swapping it out just brought greater enhancement interms of what I personally prefer. The cable didn't dramatically change the IEM, it took its DNA and merged with the inherent DNA of the MEST and brought forward the aspects that were there. You cant go wrong here. EA has a program where you can send in an Ares S or Cadmus and they'll upgrade them to 8W - just get your hands on your new gear and enjoy the music! There's lots of time for upgraditis to kick in.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #7,159 of 7,365
So I’ m going to stay at the moment with Ares 4 if it is so :))

Feb 3, 2024 at 8:54 PM Post #7,160 of 7,365
So I’ m going to stay at the moment with Ares 4 if it is so :))
WHo knows you may be surprised and love the stock Mest set up. UM makes excellent IEMs. PWA makes excellent cables. They didnt give us a bad pairing it's very good. Then we audiophiles and afficiandos go to town trying to squeeze everything we can out of our set up, recognizing that we all hear a little differently, we all have slightly different tastes and on and on and on...... You've got an excellent set up coming your way. Put away the the worry and or anxiety (did I make the right choice?) none of that will add a single day to your your life. You've got an excellent set coming your way!

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #7,161 of 7,365
WHo knows you may be surprised and love the stock Mest set up. UM makes excellent IEMs. PWA makes excellent cables. They didnt give us a bad pairing it's very good. They we audiophiles and afficiandos go to town trying to squeeze everything we can out of our set up, recognizing that we all hear a little differently, we all have slightly different tastes and on and on and on...... You've got an excellent set up coming your way. Put away the the worry and or anxiety (did I make the right choice?) none of that will add a single day to your your life. You've got an excellent set coming your way!
Yep bought the Ares cable because My pair of Mest will arrive without the stock cable, somebody sold it, yep had Mest 2 before with stock cable however with a 3.5 mm, and Mest 3 balanced, I swear that the sound resolution was superhuman :))

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #7,162 of 7,365
Hi guys! I was checking in this thread for differences and similarities between Indigo and MKIII, but either I miss the posts or there is none. I have also look in the many reviews about MKIII, but there is very little info about it.
Could somebody with experience in both comment about it or direct me to the posts??
Thanks!!!

Feb 4, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #7,163 of 7,365
Feb 5, 2024 at 12:11 AM Post #7,164 of 7,365
Hi... Im about to blind buy. Thinking bout um mest mk3 . Is it a total upgrade than the previous mk1 and mk2? Im into a fun sound , but want a refined on other sector too. Like a great sub bass rumbles, great drum kicks with a lush airy female vocal, and a clear drum cymbal crash.

For comparison, now i use ee bravado mkii. I like the low sub bass and drum hits. Its really feel so natural on the drums.

Never try or hear any of um line up.

Feb 5, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #7,165 of 7,365
Quick question: the MEST Mk1 that I recently got does not have the extruded TFZ/QDC cable connector that I see on most of the gen 1 MEST models.
Does this mean mine is either a custom or a later model?
It says MEST on the IEM so I know it's not the MEST mini.
Thanks!
0205241526.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #7,166 of 7,365
Quick question: the MEST Mk1 that I recently got does not have the extruded TFZ/QDC cable connector that I see on most of the gen 1 MEST models.
I can post pics if needed.
Thanks!
I think with a photo they will be able to help you understand better...

Feb 5, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #7,167 of 7,365
Thanks!
0205241526.jpg
Some time ago I wanted to buy the 3DT after getting the Mest MKII and I realized that from the photos there were two versions with different 2-pin connections... I don't know if the same thing happened with the Mest OG. You will see that the answer will not take long to arrive directly from @UniqueMelody. :wink:

Feb 6, 2024 at 7:15 PM Post #7,170 of 7,365
Absolutely blown away with Mest MK 2 paired with Effect Audio Ares 4W Cable paired with Ibasso Dc Elite

Users who are viewing this thread

Back