Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Dec 22, 2023 at 9:26 AM Post #7,096 of 7,306
Mentor has a different sound signature than MEST - it’s a fuller mids sounding IEM with excellent BA bass, amazing holographic-like soundstage. DAP synergy with Mentor is also a consideration – where some pairings weren’t optimal to bring the best out of MM.
I totally agree with that. I way prefer the Sony AM2 to my Hiby RS6 with the Mentor.

Dec 22, 2023 at 9:29 AM Post #7,097 of 7,306
I totally agree with that. I way prefer the Sony AM2 to my Hiby RS6 with the Mentor.

Ja, MM sounded “muddy” - too full/thick with RS8. Switching to N30LE on Tube Modern was *Chefs smooch*

Dec 22, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #7,098 of 7,306
Ja, MM sounded “muddy” - too full/thick with RS8. Switching to N30LE on Tube Modern was *Chefs smooch*
While we're on the subject @Auricon what cable do you beleive pairs best with Mentor besides the stock cable? I'm thinking of buying another cable. Something like the Ode To Laura or something along those lines. Thanks.

Dec 22, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #7,099 of 7,306
Gotta save me some money for Mentor then…Mest is already holographic enough and mind blowing but there is still not even close enough :/

Dec 22, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #7,100 of 7,306
While we're on the subject @Auricon what cable do you beleive pairs best with Mentor besides the stock cable? I'm thinking of buying another cable. Something like the Ode To Laura or something along those lines. Thanks.

Ja, I could definitely recommend OTL with MM. It's U-shaped sig enhancing MM bass, adding a dash of extra sub, improving timbre and clarity overall. But I've also stuck with stock as OTL + XE6 is oh so guud and have a hard time separating the two. 🤭

Dec 22, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #7,101 of 7,306
Ja, I could definitely recommend OTL with MM. It's U-shaped sig enhancing MM bass, adding a dash of extra sub, improving timbre and clarity overall. But I've also stuck with stock as OTL + XE6 is oh so guud and have a hard time separating the two. 🤭
OTL has a fantastic timbre for me: colored, dynamic, emotional, the bass has a really great texture. The only disadvantage with MM: the soundstage is reduced in size, unfortunately far too much. But I didn't have that problem with the Xe6. MM's stock cable is great as it is, I don't recommend you change it.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #7,102 of 7,306
How Mest can not be Unique iems? We are on the 474 Page of the thread, that hype was crazy, can’t remember any pair of headphones/earphones that people went crazy about as much as for Mest. :D

Dec 22, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #7,103 of 7,306
Yep I agree that must be a huge gap there but even though the Mest is out of this world for me, is it worth upgrading from Mest to Multiverse Mentor according to you? :)
I haven't spent as much time with MM, but I would say if you can spring for the $$ to get MM, I'd definitely do it. The BCD in the MEST mk3 was a bit wonky to my ears, with an odd resonance in the upper midrange that I didn't hear with MM.

You do lose a bit of MEST Mk3's tactile sub-bass 'thump', but I reckon the larger, grander soundstage of MM with it's smoother more agreeable presentation is worth it.

Dec 27, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #7,104 of 7,306
Still one of my favorite sets, Indigo.

IMG_2022.jpeg

Dec 30, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #7,107 of 7,306
Anyone able to compare Mest Mkiii to Kublai Khan? I have the Kublai Khan and wondering if I should pick up the Mest currently on sale or if they are too similar to have both.

Dec 31, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #7,108 of 7,306
Dear All,

I am the happy owner of the combo Cayin N30 + Amber pearl IEM. I am very happy with it, but.... I read that Unique Melody propose a program to make your Amber pearl Custom.

I am tempted, but I wonder: is the difference between universal and Custom mostly a matter of fit & confort or, can the switch to Custom improve the sonic quality of the IEM. Will my Amber Pearl sound better if I make it Custom ?

thanks for your advices and.... happy new year

Jan 4, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #7,109 of 7,306
Dear All,

I am the happy owner of the combo Cayin N30 + Amber pearl IEM. I am very happy with it, but.... I read that Unique Melody propose a program to make your Amber pearl Custom.

I am tempted, but I wonder: is the difference between universal and Custom mostly a matter of fit & confort or, can the switch to Custom improve the sonic quality of the IEM. Will my Amber Pearl sound better if I make it Custom ?

thanks for your advices and.... happy new year

I think the custom does a bit of both helps with having a better fit that should add to a more uniform sound quality. The cons are resale value and in some case you’re ear canals might change shape as you age.

Jan 9, 2024 at 3:50 AM Post #7,110 of 7,306
I'm considering converting my universal mest mk2 into custom ones, I'd like some thoughts from anyone who has already done this. is it worth it? are there many sound differences? if so which ones? Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back