Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Jun 18, 2023 at 2:22 AM Post #6,752 of 7,366
Why? And are they sticky too?
They're really thin and wrap right around the nozzle making it an easier fit with deep insertion.

Jun 18, 2023 at 12:10 PM Post #6,755 of 7,366
I have been saying this about MEST for some time now, works best with small tips and deep insertion for a proper bone conduction contact area.
@NAD Fi Thank you for mentioning this.. I didn't even try the small Azla Xelastecs until this morning ... I was literally considering buying a Legend Evo because the Bone Conduction didn't feel impactful enough.

Jun 18, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #6,756 of 7,366
RU7 (High gain - DSD256)+Mest MKII+Spinfit W1 = :darthsmile:
I only got about 30 minutes with my N7 and Mest 2, but initial impressions of the spinfits W1 are very good. The small size tip seals better than the crystal which can take some time to settle in.

Definitely picked up on more detail and emotion on voices. The stage moves back a bit reminding me of more of a two channel stage whereas I felt the crystal brought it more forward and surrounding. Treble was very good had snap and limited to no sibilance. Bass was very good, especially bass guitar.

Violins had great texture and presence along with voices, which were dense and round. Initial impression is this is better than Crystal for voice tracks.

I felt the soundstage presented with more depth. Was perhaps a touch less wide than crystal. More in front as I mentioned which is not a bad thing.

The one area I’ll listen for a bit more is mid-bass slam, it’s there but not as much as crystal. But that may change with more listening and figuring out the right volume levels by track. It could also be a function of how close a lead guitar is presented with the crystal.

I’ll enjoy listening some more and doing more detailed comparisons but this is definitely a great alternative to Azla. Thanks for the recommendation.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #6,757 of 7,366
I only got about 30 minutes with my N7 and Mest 2, but initial impressions are very good. The small seals better than the crystal which can take some time to settle in.

Definitely picked up on more detail and emotion on voices. The stage moves back a bit reminding me of more of a two channel stage whereas I felt the crystal brought it more forward and surrounding. Treble was very good had snap and limited to no sibilance. Bass was very good, especially bass guitar.

Violins had great texture and presence along with voices, which were dense and round. Initial impression is this is better than Crystal for voice tracks.

I felt the soundstage presented with more depth. Was perhaps a touch less wide than crystal. More in front as I mentioned which is not a bad thing.

The one area I’ll listen for a bit more is mid-bass slam, it’s there but not as much as crystal. But that may change with more listening and figuring out the right volume levels by track. It could also be a function of how close a lead guitar is presented with the crystal.

I’ll enjoy listening some more and doing more detailed comparisons but this is definitely a great alternative to Azla. Thanks for the recommendation.
But I didn't understand one thing... have you tried the W1 spinfits yet? But how did you do it... do you have a shop under your house? lol

Jun 18, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #6,758 of 7,366
But I didn't understand one thing... have you tried the W1 spinfits yet? But how did you do it... do you have a shop under your house? lol
Amazon one day :). That was the spinfit w1 indeed, compared to the Azla Crystal. Embarrassing that I didn’t make that more clear - my apologies!

Jun 18, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #6,759 of 7,366
Amazon one day :). That was the spinfit w1 indeed, compared to the Azla Crystal. Embarrassing that I didn’t make that more clear - my apologies!
They're expensive, but they're worth it... and in this world 20 euros aren't that many if they make you earn a little. (although it's not just a little bit in this case)

Jun 18, 2023 at 8:34 PM Post #6,760 of 7,366
I only got about 30 minutes with my N7 and Mest 2, but initial impressions of the spinfits W1 are very good. The small seals better than the crystal which can take some time to settle in.

sweet. :) i also have spinfits w1 on the way but no ETA yet.

Jun 20, 2023 at 12:44 AM Post #6,761 of 7,366
@NAD Fi Thank you for mentioning this.. I didn't even try the small Azla Xelastecs until this morning ... I was literally considering buying a Legend Evo because the Bone Conduction didn't feel impactful enough.

You are welcomed :relaxed:.

Jun 20, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #6,762 of 7,366
Jun 20, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #6,765 of 7,366
I only got about 30 minutes with my N7 and Mest 2, but initial impressions of the spinfits W1 are very good. The small size tip seals better than the crystal which can take some time to settle in.

Trying the Spinfit W1's with the Multiverse Mentor right now... Their Small is about the size of the Azla Medium Small Eartips.. I do like the way this makes the Mentor sound.. The seal is excellent for me. Thanks for the suggestion @aleopold and anyone else who mentioned the Spinfit W1 Eartips in this thread.

I just wish Spinfit would let you purchase the size you really need instead of multiple sizes you may never use.

5 minutes later.... Just going to buy Spinfit W1 Eartips for all my UM IEMs. Amazing. @aleopold & @NAD Fi thank you...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back