Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Feb 7, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #6,331 of 7,306
Only issue I have with the Xelastec is they don’t last and it gets expensive to constantly replace them. I found the Softears Liquid Silicone Ear Tips sound a lot like the Xelastec but don’t loss there shape like the Xelastec tips. Highly recommend them with the Indigo and Mest MKii.

Everyone’s ears are different so finding the right tips are a personally journey. My top picks are the Softears, Xelastec and the ePro horn wireless tips.
Same for me re: Xelastec. When they're new they're great but they dont stay new for long and eventually degrade. The Azla Crystals are very similar to the Xelastec but they don't deform and and after a year with the same pair, can confidently say they continue to sound good and do not deform; they last. With bone Conduction the Crystals, like the Xelastecs transmit well....

Feb 7, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #6,332 of 7,306
Same for me re: Xelastec. When they're new they're great but they dont stay new for long and eventually degrade. The Azla Crystals are very similar to the Xelastec but they don't deform and and after a year with the same pair, can confidently say they continue to sound good and do not deform; they last. With bone Conduction the Crystals, like the Xelastecs transmit well....
So the Xelastec tips make the Bone Conduction more pronounced?

Feb 7, 2023 at 8:40 PM Post #6,333 of 7,306

+1 on Crystal, and they do stay "crystal" clear for a long time!

Feb 8, 2023 at 3:52 AM Post #6,334 of 7,306
Only issue I have with the Xelastec is they don’t last and it gets expensive to constantly replace them. I found the Softears Liquid Silicone Ear Tips sound a lot like the Xelastec but don’t loss there shape like the Xelastec tips. Highly recommend them with the Indigo and Mest MKii.

Everyone’s ears are different so finding the right tips are a personally journey. My top picks are the Softears, Xelastec and the ePro horn wireless tips.
There is apparently to "bounce back" the Xelastec. I have cut and paste from the Aliexpress site:

AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC Earphone TPE Eartips

"SednaEarfit" series are replacement earbud tips developed by AZLA, which analyzed and derived more than 1,500 ear shapes over two years.

XELASTEC is new high tech material for music lovers, more elastic and fit your ear canal better. The shape of ear canal is not circular but an atypical ellipse. No one has the same shape of a ear canal, and even the left and right are different. SednaEarfit XELASTEC eartip shape changes softly by body heat after a few minutes to fit the various shape of the ear canal without any stress. SednaEarfit XELASTEC eartip absorbs body heat energy and getting more elastic property so it can fit better to the ear and gives perfect seal.

You can choose among 6 sizes of tips to have the best sense of fit

Various option of size by analyzing the shape of more than 1,500 ears over two years. (L-Large / ML-Medium Large / M-Medium / MS-Medium Small / S-Small / SS-Small Small)

Way to bounce back when it's deformed while storage or usage..

Prepare paper cup or glass cup etc. Pour about 60cc of hot or above 80C water inside of cup. (about 1/3 of paper cup) Dip the deformed XELASTEC inside the water with folding backwards. Throw the hot water after 60~70sec., and pour cold water. Leave in cold water for about 20~30sec., remove the water and let dry in room temperature.

Attention : When pouring hot water, please make sure fold Umbrella backward. Deformation might not bounce back or become worse when performing without folding back.

Please be careful for burns and other injuries while handling hot water. When pulling certain area, it might deteriorate the product. It might not bounce back after performing the mentioned process above. Eartip is consumable, please replace with new eartip in case of no bouncing back.

Plastic guide is applied to avoid unexpected deformation or other dust to be stick to products, so secured the easy storage and handling. Please store in the plastic guide if XELASTEC is not in use.

Chosen gently shape changing high quality TPE from German brand KRAIBURG TPE.

XELASTEC has chosen German brand KRAIBURG TPE to produce thermoplastic elastomers by technical partnership for its latest ear tips. The compound has a soft touch feel which fits well to the ears and makes the wearer comfortable. The Umbrella shape is gently changes shape only when putting on ear by exaggerating active reaction of molecules with body temperature. Therefore reduces stress to ears and provides a more pleasant environment for users..

Safe material offers in-ear stability and a lasting comfort for daily use

XELASTEC is wearable, so we chose soft and safe materials. TPE provided by German brand KRAIBURG TPE uses raw materials to comply with FDA in the USA, EU10/2011 standard, is very trustworthy from a safety perspective.

Feb 8, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #6,335 of 7,306
just paid for a pair mest mk2s from the secondary market.Going to be my first high end audio gear (edition XS 3 months ago is the 2nd biggest now ). Came straight here to ask for tip,cable,and source recomedations. what do you guys reccomend? (not getting all stock tips and adapters in the package but getting a sweet deal at 550$)

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 4:51 AM Post #6,336 of 7,306
Using xelastics for my Indigo on N8ii or M2. Works well for me!

Feb 8, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #6,337 of 7,306
Using xelastics for my Indigo on N8ii or M2. Works well for me!
Both warm sources will probably hav to buy something for them. Anyone here try them wth Q5k ? also is spiral dots SF (mushroom tips ) and dunu SnS any good ?

Feb 8, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #6,338 of 7,306
Both warm sources will probably hav to buy something for them. Anyone here try them wth Q5k ? also is spiral dots SF (mushroom tips ) and dunu SnS any good ?
I have both spiral dots and SnS incoming. Heard good things about them.

Feb 8, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #6,339 of 7,306
I have both spiral dots and SnS incoming. Heard good things about them.
Will be waiting for your impressions mate.

I’ll not be able to get anything new as I’m attending a wedding of a close relative. Just hoping I can get the mest Mk2s in hand before leaving for the wedding.

Feb 8, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #6,340 of 7,306
So the Xelastec tips make the Bone Conduction more pronounced?
I answered my own question.. Sounds a little thinner in the low end for some songs I listened to, but it is much easier to distinguish details in pretty much everything I listened to yesterday.

Feb 8, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #6,341 of 7,306
I answered my own question.. Sounds a little thinner in the low end for some songs I listened to, but it is much easier to distinguish details in pretty much everything I listened to yesterday.
My experience, if you have a good seal the xelastics have excellent low end - I’d never use the word thinner to describe it. When I didn’t get a perfect fit, it was definitely thinner but that was a size issue not xelastic issue.

It took some time to find my exact right size but once I did I haven’t looked back…. Even with the right size i spend a couple of minutes getting the tips sealed in perfect then the sound is fantastic. For me this was the small size which wasn’t part of the default tips on the mest2.

Feb 8, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #6,342 of 7,306
My experience, if you have a good seal the xelastics have excellent low end - I’d never use the word thinner to describe it. When I didn’t get a perfect fit, it was definitely thinner but that was a size issue not xelastic issue.

It took some time to find my exact right size but once I did I haven’t looked back…. Even with the right size i spend a couple of minutes getting the tips sealed in perfect then the sound is fantastic. For me this was the small size which wasn’t part of the default tips on the mest2.
Noted let me try the ML size.

Feb 8, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #6,344 of 7,306
Noted let me try the ML size.
What’s irritating about this brand is you have to buy two pairs of one size. I have probably $60 of wrong sized buds sitting in a drawer…. Wish there was a sizing pack or something to minimize that waste

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #6,345 of 7,306
Does anyone use different sizes for your ears? My right ear definitely has a more difficult time achieving a good seal.
What’s irritating about this brand as you have to buy two pairs of one size. I have probably $60 of wrong sized buds sitting in a drawer…. Wish there was a sizing pack or something to minimize that waste
I have so many wrong size tips 🤣🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back