Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Feb 12, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #5,146 of 7,306
@GridIroN tips and cables are IMHO very subjective.
tips, of course because every ears morphology is different.
cables, because it depends on too many factors including source and IEMs.
I have found my endgame for the MEST MKII with the Azla Sednafit Light Short tips (white with blue stem), simply perfect to my ears. Azla Crystal were a close second. Azla Xelastec too bass shy. the stock black with blue stem were not so bad, but couldn't get a perfect fit so cannot really comment on them.
for the cable, I'm one of the very few that in general don't like PWAudio cables, and the Copper M2 (the MEST MKII stock one) is no exception. I prefer with the MEST a XINHS copper/graphene 8 cores (which, btw, I'm using also on the EVO that has another PWAudio stock cable, the Genesis).
of course all the above is IMHO and YMMV.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #5,148 of 7,306
Very happy with my UM Mest mk2. It’s stunning on m17, even better on Holo May + 430ha (which usually doesn’t play nice with IEMs but sounded great for Mest.)
Beats my A12t/A18t, and also beats a lot of over ear headphones (minus Susvara)
You should give the Indigo a shot if given the opportunity.

It’s another step up and frankly it boggles my mind how they were able to achieve it.

All forms of MEST are some of the most musically accurate iem’s ever.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Feb 15, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #5,149 of 7,306
Been trying spinfits, Azla Sedna (long or short), spiral dots etc. Currently using a pair of super shallow ear tips from the Moondrop Sparks TWS. Extremely soft and very short (may be 1mm away from the nozzle). This makes the IEM touches my ears the best to fully utilize the bone conductors.
AAD62C0D-3994-4F89-BB5C-7FE6057DD5D9.jpeg
6A7F7754-4C70-4DA4-9829-A0030F7892CB.jpeg

Feb 16, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #5,150 of 7,306
The level of sound reproduction available in such a format is almost unthinkable.

Also, Indigo is quite a bit more mature than Odin in both sound and physical presentation, yet both fantastic.
3E2D24FC-3D8D-44CA-8A9D-A8A8BF9F085D.jpeg
B0B28E8B-DEBB-488C-AF88-B9771D954CFF.jpeg
67996A71-E216-42FE-A161-7454D88EF3CA.jpeg

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Feb 16, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #5,151 of 7,306
The level of sound reproduction available in such a format is almost unthinkable.

Also, Indigo is quite a bit more mature than Odin in both sound and physical presentation, yet both fantastic.

Do you prefer the sound on your Odin with the M3 Copper cable over the Stormbreaker?

On another note, I’m listening as I write to a George Michael album wonderfully mastered through my Indigo driven by my Lotoo Ti and it is blissful sounding. 😌

Feb 16, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #5,153 of 7,306
what weaknesses does indigo have, and can you describe the stage/imaging?

Any weakness is subject to the listener’s preferences. I’m very happy with my set, and feel it is overall a wonderful sounding iem throughout the frequency range.

Feb 16, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #5,154 of 7,306
Any weakness is subject to the listener’s preferences. I’m very happy with my set, and feel it is overall a wonderful sounding iem throughout the frequency range.
Can you share some impressions for Indigo and Mason FE? Is it a clear upgrade or minor improvement? Thanks

Feb 17, 2022 at 1:41 AM Post #5,155 of 7,306
Been trying spinfits, Azla Sedna (long or short), spiral dots etc. Currently using a pair of super shallow ear tips from the Moondrop Sparks TWS. Extremely soft and very short (may be 1mm away from the nozzle). This makes the IEM touches my ears the best to fully utilize the bone conductors.

Yes I came to the same conclusion. After trying a lot of the most mentioned tips, for me the TWS tips from Epro (TW01, size S) are the most comfortable and give me the best sound quality with the Mest mk2, both in the highs and lows. I now also use them for my WF1000XM4, the same tips but with smaller bore diameter, TW00.

Feb 17, 2022 at 1:51 AM Post #5,156 of 7,306
I’ve been A/B’in tips for a month now and still can’t decide which is the best for my mest OG 😭 .
Tips i tried

Spiral dot ++ (most comfy 2nd best )
Azla short light (sounds best but hurts like hell)
Blue heart ( okay okay)
Starline inverted ( deepest insert)
Xelastec ( loud)

sp ++ and azla short light i can’t decide and still change them out daily because i can’t figure it out. 🤔

Feb 17, 2022 at 4:02 AM Post #5,157 of 7,306
I’ve been A/B’in tips for a month now and still can’t decide which is the best for my mest OG 😭 .
Tips i tried

Spiral dot ++ (most comfy 2nd best )
Azla short light (sounds best but hurts like hell)
Blue heart ( okay okay)
Starline inverted ( deepest insert)
Xelastec ( loud)

sp ++ and azla short light i can’t decide and still change them out daily because i can’t figure it out. 🤔

You did not list them, but in my own testing, I have found that Acoustune 7a's sound best on my MEST Mk.II's, and provide almost as good a fitment as the factory tips.

Feb 18, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #5,158 of 7,306
The spiral dot ++ M slam so hard !! And are super comfy that I can go wear them for a very long sessions . But the details and 3D is a BIT muffled but can still hear it just have to pay more attention . Also wearing them and then taking the tips off i get this sensation that my ears feel like they want me to put them back on, its a addictive feeling. WEIRD!!!

Azla short lights MS dont slam as hard but i get a more clear detail and 3D effect bass is almost the same aa the SD ++ but hurt really bad after a short period . I probably have to go a size smaller .

I sometimes just bare the pain of the azla .

Feb 18, 2022 at 11:13 AM Post #5,159 of 7,306
Better late than never.
I just picked it up, and I won't have time to play with it until tomorrow. I guess it's a good problem to have.

Attachments

• 20220218_165813.jpg
    20220218_165813.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Feb 20, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #5,160 of 7,306
Can you share some impressions for Indigo and Mason FE? Is it a clear upgrade or minor improvement? Thanks

The Mason FS is tonally quite different than the Indigo, imho. It has an overall warmer character than the Indigo. The imaging on the Mason FS is superior as well. I’ll do a direct comparison and report back later, frankly, I haven’t listened to my Mason for a while now since I recently bought two new sets, the MMR Balmung and the 64 Audio U18s, so those two have been getting all the head time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back