Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
Mar 31, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #2,342 of 7,306
4D0306F3-EF82-4514-B95D-82C98ED9F804.jpeg

Mar 31, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #2,343 of 7,306
How is yours best dap or source+amp with Mest Mk2?

I love it with Shanling M8 but I’d try IBasso DX300...
WM1A + Project Z firmware is incredible with Mest Og

Mar 31, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #2,344 of 7,306
I just switched to Final Type E tips with the MEST ii... such a difference over the included black/blue tips and the Xelastic ones! Detail retrieval and bass response / impact has significantly improved in my use case. Shall continue trying them out... but in the first half an hour... fit and comfort is improved as well.

Mar 31, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #2,345 of 7,306
I just switched to Final Type E tips with the MEST ii... such a difference over the included black/blue tips and the Xelastic ones! Detail retrieval and bass response / impact has significantly improved in my use case. Shall continue trying them out... but in the first half an hour... fit and comfort is improved as well.
Hmmm....might have to try....

Mar 31, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #2,346 of 7,306
Interesting! I also finally settled on the Final Type E tips, but the Xelastics were also on my radar. Still worth a comparison, maybe?

Mar 31, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #2,347 of 7,306
Interesting! I also finally settled on the Final Type E tips, but the Xelastics were also on my radar. Still worth a comparison, maybe?
Xelastec come with Mest Mk2

Mar 31, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #2,349 of 7,306
I found an inexpensive cable that really brings out more of what the Mest can sound like.

Tripowin NUCOOL 21 Core OFC+28 Core Silver-Plated Copper Mixed Braided Cable with 3.5mm Plug, 0.78mm 2Pin Connector (2pin 0.78-2.5mm, NUCOOL)
by Linsoul Audio
Learn more:
B2271EF4-902A-4BA9-962E-D86CC5014D72.jpeg
I tried it for a couple hours then changed back to stock and the difference really got me. I kept thinking
“that new cable brings up that special sound the OG Mest has by several notches”. So I’m using it now with Xelastic tips and I’m loving it! I’m not a affiliated with the maker, just another audionut who digs great sound. Your experience may differ from mine but I hear a wonderful change.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #2,350 of 7,306
Final E tips are my favorite for the OG MEST.

I found an inexpensive cable that really brings out more of what the Mest can sound like.

Tripowin NUCOOL 21 Core OFC+28 Core Silver-Plated Copper Mixed Braided Cable with 3.5mm Plug, 0.78mm 2Pin Connector (2pin 0.78-2.5mm, NUCOOL)
by Linsoul Audio
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08M34XJV9/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_RWHT6QGMEAX39T7ZRX0D?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I tried it for a couple hours then changed back to stock and the difference really got me. I kept thinking
“that new cable brings up that special sound the OG Mest has by several notches”. So I’m using it now with Xelastic tips and I’m loving it! I’m not a affiliated with the maker, just another audionut who digs great sound. Your experience may differ from mine but I hear a wonderful change.
I also really like this cable. I can’t so much speak to the sonics, as I can’t use it with my OG MEST (my NUCOOL cable is MMCX), but the quality of build and the feel/heft is impressive to me.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #2,351 of 7,306

by Linsoul Audio
Learn more:
B2271EF4-902A-4BA9-962E-D86CC5014D72.jpeg
What differences do you hear with this cable?

Mar 31, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #2,352 of 7,306
Final E tips are my favorite for the OG MEST.

I also really like this cable. I can’t so much speak to the sonics, and I can’t use it with my MEST (MMCX), but the quality of build and the feel/heft is impressive to me.

The OG Mest used mmcx connectors? Interesting that UM decided to change them to a 2-pin on the MKII. 🤔

Mar 31, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #2,353 of 7,306
The OG Mest used mmcx connectors? Interesting that UM decided to change them to a 2-pin on the MKII. 🤔
No, sorry, I stated things poorly. The OG MEST has a qdc-like socket. The Tripowin cable I have is an MMCX cable, thus it is not compatible.

Mar 31, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #2,354 of 7,306
No, sorry, I stated things poorly. The OG MEST has a qdc-like socket. The Tripowin cable I have is an MMCX cable, thus it is not compatible.

👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back