Unique Melody Bone Conduction Family (MEST&MEXT and their siblings) Announcement and Impression Thread.
May 20, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #166 of 7,306
OH, It will be available after CanJam NYC at MusicTeck, there will be a demo unit at MusicTeck's show desk during the show as well! Sorry, I forgot to mention that in the content, thanks for the reminder.

Could someone tell me where MusicTeck is geographically located? NYC? The webpage offers no physical address.

May 20, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #167 of 7,306
Last edited:
May 24, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #169 of 7,306
Mine is here!:dt880smile: Bought this without trying. I will post review later maybe

Attachments

• IMG_20200524_112625.jpg
    IMG_20200524_112625.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
May 24, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #170 of 7,306
Did the bone conduction play a noticeable role in the sound?

No idea. We neither have a switch to turn it off, nor have MEST without bone conduction. All i can say i felt some tingling around external canal auditory on some songs while using Mest, and i dont have that feeling while using my ciem. I will observe more or maybe ask UM to make MEST without the bone conduction:beyersmile:

May 24, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #171 of 7,306
Really tempted....

May 24, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #174 of 7,306
You should be more daring as Croc Dundee :beyersmile: "Look over there, there is the unique melody MEst in behind that bush! Its an exotic creature with sexy housing! It has different sound sig from my 12t and LX! Alright, I am gonna get closer and touch it!". Man, i still respect that dude.
Lol...it will be a new film soon (or later after this crazy times).

But man...my feeling on this MEST is like that, not sure what it is and have no idea of if I will like. I was almost placing an order for a custom JH Audio Lola.

More impressions on how this thing sounds?

May 24, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #175 of 7,306
Lol...it will be a new film soon (or later after this crazy times).

But man...my feeling on this MEST is like that, not sure what it is and have no idea of if I will like. I was almost placing an order for a custom JH Audio Lola.

More impressions on how this thing sounds?

Really? That is great news!
I thought UM has representative somewhere in Australia? Maybe you can try it there?
I only have the Mest for very short time up to now, but i can share a bit.
The sub bass doesnt bleed all over the place. Quantity is about 4dB gain on 32Hz and dB gain from 64Hz compared to shure 215 ( using player pro on android phone connected to mojo chord, not ideal but good enough for me to do AB comparison on them). Quality is way better in terms of extension and texture and well controlled. Giving impression of fast.
Another thing that i noticed so far is hand clap sound carry tonal weight, sounds more substantial compared to er4p, 215, and S8. Making hand clap in Given Up by Linkin Park sounds mean ( it sound like getlemen' clap on er4p, too tidy with no body).
Maybe you can ask Torq and Darthpool, because they have both Mest and 12t.
I dont have chance and time to audition it before purchasing it, same goes to my moondrop S8. Call me crazy, but lucky for me, i like both.

May 26, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #176 of 7,306
Curious to hear impressions from someone who heard both the universal and custom version.

May 26, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #177 of 7,306
Is the IEM side connector the same as QDC connector? Thinking about finding a copper cable.

Also, does anyone have a relative impression against Mason V3+? What would you gain/lose going from MEST to Mason V3+?

Thanks!

May 27, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #179 of 7,306
Anyone have tried all the UM Maverick line up?
I see there is like 3 variants now,
First gen Maverick,
Maverick 2,
Maverick 3
As well as TI.

Currently TI is the latest from what i see.

Was on the fence on jumping on the TI, but saw the graph notice that the freq response is pretty peaky compare to the First gen (Which I currently own it and loves it, wanted to look for upgrade, slightly more bass and deeper, while maintaining the vocal separation from instrument. Kinda 3D-ish sound, (not sure if that's how you describe it) )

Would hope someone could shade some light on this :beerchug: .

May 27, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #180 of 7,306
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back