Unique Melody 3X Universal Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN TOUR and Impressions
Jan 25, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #47 of 328
  This track gave me Bassgasm with the 3X

They are coming to Melbourne pretty soon - just FYI. I was just booked for the gig. 

gs1000.gif

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:28 AM Post #49 of 328
I really don't think my first photo did the metal storage case justice, especially just from a top view so here's a better look at it.

I really like this storage tin, especially the weight it holds and threaded lid. I wouldn't call it for pockets but certainty great throwing in a back pack or long term storage, it's honestly just about bullet proof, thick, and weighty. I would love to know if you can buy them separately because it's build like a tank and would possibly last through world war 3. 

Unfortunately this one has a small chip in the side.

The Approx weight is: 114 grams.

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #52 of 328
Oh, nice! That's new! 
biggrin.gif

I have the AX60 right now and I don't know if it's burned in or what but it sounds better than last time. Still, I think the Dunu's are better though. 

Jan 26, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #53 of 328
Oh, nice! That's new! :D

I have the AX60 right now and I don't know if it's burned in or what but it sounds better than last time. Still, I think the Dunu's are better though. 

I did prefer the dunu when I had the bass filters on the ax60. But my preference swayed towards the ax60 with the reference filter.

Jan 26, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #54 of 328
I prefer the cooler tone of the Dunu with either filter. I don;t really like the bass filter. It seems to blur out details and smooth everything over. 

Jan 26, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #55 of 328
I prefer the cooler tone of the Dunu with either filter. I don;t really like the bass filter. It seems to blur out details and smooth everything over. 

I like the signature of the dunu too but the ax60 bass had better resolution, layering, and texture to my ears. I hope the um 3x has the same or better bass response.

Jan 26, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #56 of 328
I like the AX60 without any filters the best. It does have a harsh treble though. 

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:18 AM Post #57 of 328
  I really don't think my first photo did the metal storage case justice, especially just from a top view so here's a better look at it.

I really like this storage tin, especially the weight it holds and threaded lid. I wouldn't call it for pockets but certainty great throwing in a back pack or long term storage, it's honestly just about bullet proof, thick, and weighty. I would love to know if you can buy them separately because it's build like a tank and would possibly last through world war 3. 

Unfortunately this one has a small chip in the side.

The Approx weight is: 114 grams.

It'll pop up on eBay shortly I bet, this is the new UM case, I believe only the Hybrids (2X and 3X) and the Mentor come with this case at this stage, but UM will use this for all universals (I was emailing Stephen Guo back and forth on Friday asking about universal Merlin, and he said that it comes with the round, metal tin case)

That little chip was there when I receive it unfortunately 
angry_face.gif
, maybe it was dented at the factory or during shipping packing

Jan 26, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #59 of 328
3X's bass is not as big of an impact as AX60's, but I believe that it has better textures, speed, and thickness

Sounds good to me! Can't wait...

Jan 26, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #60 of 328

It'll pop up on eBay shortly I bet, this is the new UM case, I believe only the Hybrids (2X and 3X) and the Mentor come with this case at this stage, but UM will use this for all universals (I was emailing Stephen Guo back and forth on Friday asking about universal Merlin, and he said that it comes with the round, metal tin case)

That little chip was there when I receive it unfortunately 
angry_face.gif
, maybe it was dented at the factory or during shipping packing

Universal Merlin?

I find it funny there's been more comments about the case then the iems (both on this and the other thread) at this point!  Despite being a sellout on the site there's not been much talk of the iem's themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back