Unique Melody 3D Terminator 3DT Announcement Thread
Jul 12, 2021 at 1:13 AM Post #1,201 of 1,469
Most manufacturers say it won’t damage the drivers, but there have been occasional reports of correlation between flex and driver failure down the road.

Have you tried Spiral Dots? I got no flex with those.

Also as far as foams, Tenmak Ultra Strong seem not to muffle the highs as much.
+1 For Tennmak Strong Foam. Eliminated flex on my 3DT and don't muddy the bass,veil the mids or clip the highs. Also increase the isolation and make them sleep able.

Jul 12, 2021 at 1:23 AM Post #1,202 of 1,469
So I've had the 3DT now for about 1 week, so far really enjoying their bass texture & richness as a complement to my 1-week older Andro2020.

Tips have been a small challenge, as others have noted the bore size of the nozzle is larger than most; I've not wanted to use Final E, which themselves have a smaller bore size that I feel attenuates the sound somewhat.

Driver flex has been a problem with some the Azlas, especially on the left side for me; for whatever reason the Sedna EarFit "Light" ones cause this more than the regular ones. Foams, well I've got some NewBee ones, and the driver flex issue goes away with them, but they also muffle the sound a bit too much.

Question I have is that while the driver flex is annoying to hear when inserting these, will that damage the drivers long term? I don't have any other IEMs that have this issue, so if I should avoid this I will.. TIA.
Take a look at the BGVP A07 or Acoustune AET07 as welll, I'm using the A07, pairs best.

Jul 12, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #1,203 of 1,469
So I've had the 3DT now for about 1 week, so far really enjoying their bass texture & richness as a complement to my 1-week older Andro2020.

Tips have been a small challenge, as others have noted the bore size of the nozzle is larger than most; I've not wanted to use Final E, which themselves have a smaller bore size that I feel attenuates the sound somewhat.

Driver flex has been a problem with some the Azlas, especially on the left side for me; for whatever reason the Sedna EarFit "Light" ones cause this more than the regular ones. Foams, well I've got some NewBee ones, and the driver flex issue goes away with them, but they also muffle the sound a bit too much.

Question I have is that while the driver flex is annoying to hear when inserting these, will that damage the drivers long term? I don't have any other IEMs that have this issue, so if I should avoid this I will.. TIA.

I tried a bunch of tips without success until @james444 pointed me in the right direction with these:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/pimplexs/m.html?_nkw=sennheiser+cx+gel
Comfortable, good sound, and no driver flex issues

Jul 12, 2021 at 4:36 AM Post #1,204 of 1,469
Have you tried Spiral Dots? I got no flex with those.

Also as far as foams, Tenmak Ultra Strong seem not to muffle the highs as much.

+1 For Tennmak Strong Foam.

Take a look at the BGVP A07 or Acoustune AET07 as welll, I'm using the A07, pairs best.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/pimplexs/m.html?_nkw=sennheiser+cx+gel
Comfortable, good sound, and no driver flex issues

Thanks much for the rec's. In the meantime I've been digging through all of the stock tips that are still in boxes from recent IEM purchases and stumbled on the white foams that came with the Tin T2. These are working remarkably well on the 3DT, so I've gone and ordered some of the Tennmak's to see if those will also work out.

Those 'Sennheiser' ones on eBay look cheap enough to just get some to see, why not?

Probably add those Acoustune ones to my next MTMT order...

As far as the SpiralDots, I might hold off and wait on the others. Might also see if I can find them at a physical store at some point, I'd really like to eyeball them for size etc before making such a large investment in tips :wink:

Jul 12, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #1,205 of 1,469
As far as the SpiralDots, I might hold off and wait on the others. Might also see if I can find them at a physical store at some point, I'd really like to eyeball them for size etc before making such a large investment in tips :wink:
Penon has mix and match sizes for pretty cheap.

Jul 14, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #1,206 of 1,469
4E7C9C92-F3EC-41A2-B7AA-2861CDA1D686.jpeg

😍😍😍

Jul 14, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #1,207 of 1,469
Jul 14, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #1,208 of 1,469
Jul 14, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #1,209 of 1,469
Jul 14, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #1,210 of 1,469
3DT HK special+

Jul 14, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #1,211 of 1,469
Jul 14, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #1,213 of 1,469
Jul 15, 2021 at 5:00 AM Post #1,215 of 1,469

Users who are viewing this thread