Unique Melody 3D Terminator 3DT Announcement Thread
Jun 30, 2021 at 4:19 AM Post #1,186 of 1,469
Screenshot_20210630-122738.jpg
@UniqueMelody Another forbidden fruit outside China?

Jun 30, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #1,187 of 1,469
Jun 30, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #1,189 of 1,469
Jul 1, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #1,190 of 1,469
It occurs to me I've gone and ordered a 3DT this past weekend without reading 1 post on this thread. I told 12-months-ago-me I wouldn't do that.

Oops.

Well thanks retroactively for the impressions I guess?

Jul 1, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #1,191 of 1,469
It occurs to me I've gone and ordered a 3DT this past weekend without reading 1 post on this thread. I told 12-months-ago-me I wouldn't do that.

Oops.

Well thanks retroactively for the impressions I guess?
Have you prepare foam tips , just in case?☺️

Jul 1, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #1,192 of 1,469
Have you prepare foam tips , just in case?☺️
I've got a few Final E and Azla Sedna Light tips to use, had good success with them both depending on the IEM, so I should be right. Otherwise if it has to be foams, I also have some NewBee ones, and the ones that came with the Andro.

Tip rolling is part of the lottery in the first few hours/days with a new IEM right? looking forward to it.

Jul 1, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #1,194 of 1,469
I've got a few Final E and Azla Sedna Light tips to use, had good success with them both depending on the IEM, so I should be right. Otherwise if it has to be foams, I also have some NewBee ones, and the ones that came with the Andro.

Tip rolling is part of the lottery in the first few hours/days with a new IEM right? looking forward to it.
I like JVC spiral dots, or yellow spinfits depending on the cable I'm using....

Jul 1, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #1,195 of 1,469
I tried many tips on the 3DT because I had a very annoying driverflex on the right side that pierced my ear when I put it on, and finally I found the perfect ones: Symbio F. I don't like very much foam tips but they are the best to me.
I tried Spinfit (CP100, CP145, CP155), JVC Spiral Dot, Final Type E, Comply and Symbio W and F.

Jul 4, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #1,196 of 1,469
I just plugged my 3dt with the stock 3.5 cable in for the first time into my M8, and i'm shocked at how good it sounds...almost euphonic...i've been using balanced silver/copper hybrid all this time, but the SE out has a nice 'wall of sound' quality, and the M8 is slightly warm, so synergy is amazing...

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #1,197 of 1,469
I just plugged my 3dt with the stock 3.5 cable in for the first time into my M8, and i'm shocked at how good it sounds...almost euphonic...i've been using balanced silver/copper hybrid all this time, but the bal out has a nice 'wall of sound' quality, and the M8 is slightly warm, so synergy is amazing...
I noticed a ‘wall of sound’ with the M8’s turbo gain (4.4mm) as well. I stepped down to a high gain and enjoying the spacious sound of the 3DT paired with the ISN Solar cable.

Jul 4, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #1,198 of 1,469
I noticed a ‘wall of sound’ with the M8’s turbo gain (4.4mm) as well. I stepped down to a high gain and enjoying the spacious sound of the 3DT paired with the ISN Solar cable.
Yes, for SE 3.5, I have turbo mode on, and it sounds great, plenty of volume at 61/100, very dynamic...tons of texture and an almost 'analogue' sound...

Jul 11, 2021 at 10:46 PM Post #1,199 of 1,469
I tried many tips on the 3DT because I had a very annoying driverflex on the right side that pierced my ear when I put it on, and finally I found the perfect ones: Symbio F. I don't like very much foam tips but they are the best to me.
I tried Spinfit (CP100, CP145, CP155), JVC Spiral Dot, Final Type E, Comply and Symbio W and F.
So I've had the 3DT now for about 1 week, so far really enjoying their bass texture & richness as a complement to my 1-week older Andro2020.

Tips have been a small challenge, as others have noted the bore size of the nozzle is larger than most; I've not wanted to use Final E, which themselves have a smaller bore size that I feel attenuates the sound somewhat.

Driver flex has been a problem with some the Azlas, especially on the left side for me; for whatever reason the Sedna EarFit "Light" ones cause this more than the regular ones. Foams, well I've got some NewBee ones, and the driver flex issue goes away with them, but they also muffle the sound a bit too much.

Question I have is that while the driver flex is annoying to hear when inserting these, will that damage the drivers long term? I don't have any other IEMs that have this issue, so if I should avoid this I will.. TIA.

Jul 11, 2021 at 10:52 PM Post #1,200 of 1,469
So I've had the 3DT now for about 1 week, so far really enjoying their bass texture & richness as a complement to my 1-week older Andro2020.

Tips have been a small challenge, as others have noted the bore size of the nozzle is larger than most; I've not wanted to use Final E, which themselves have a smaller bore size that I feel attenuates the sound somewhat.

Driver flex has been a problem with some the Azlas, especially on the left side for me; for whatever reason the Sedna EarFit "Light" ones cause this more than the regular ones. Foams, well I've got some NewBee ones, and the driver flex issue goes away with them, but they also muffle the sound a bit too much.

Question I have is that while the driver flex is annoying to hear when inserting these, will that damage the drivers long term? I don't have any other IEMs that have this issue, so if I should avoid this I will.. TIA.
Most manufacturers say it won’t damage the drivers, but there have been occasional reports of correlation between flex and driver failure down the road.

Have you tried Spiral Dots? I got no flex with those.

Also as far as foams, Tenmak Ultra Strong seem not to muffle the highs as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back