Unique Melody 3D Terminator 3DT Announcement Thread
Jan 17, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #196 of 1,469
CF799388-A5A8-453F-943D-B693A3DB5EAF.jpeg

I’ve had these for a couple of weeks now. Quite the gorgeous finish. I’m in the process of reviewing this simultaneously with another IEM, which is also quite good.

Initial impressions are that this to me provides the “typical” UM sound, which is full of clarity and detail along with a slightly warm, rich sound. Tip changing does alter the signature of course. I must say that while I am a UM fan (still have the Maestro V2), the other IEM is giving this a go. I hate to mention what it is just yet, without formal thoughts; suffice to say I like both for differing reasons.

This is a good affordable UM model.

Jan 17, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #197 of 1,469
I’ve had these for a couple of weeks now. Quite the gorgeous finish. I’m in the process of reviewing this simultaneously with another IEM, which is also quite good.

Initial impressions are that this to me provides the “typical” UM sound, which is full of clarity and detail along with a slightly warm, rich sound. Tip changing does alter the signature of course. I must say that while I am a UM fan (still have the Maestro V2), the other IEM is giving this a go. I hate to mention what it is just yet, without formal thoughts; suffice to say I like both for differing reasons.

This is a good affordable UM model.
Nice coloration on your shell, did you request for bi-color shell?😊

Jan 17, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #198 of 1,469
Initial impressions are that this to me provides the “typical” UM sound, which is full of clarity and detail along with a slightly warm, rich sound. Tip changing does alter the signature of course. I must say that while I am a UM fan (still have the Maestro V2), the other IEM is giving this a go. I hate to mention what it is just yet, without formal thoughts; suffice to say I like both for differing reasons.This is a good affordable UM model.
Hi, now I am intrigued by that other IEM. Is it similarly priced as the 3DT?

Jan 17, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #199 of 1,469
Might be another unleased 2DD 2BA with 'M' as initial😄😊

Jan 17, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #200 of 1,469
Nice coloration on your shell, did you request for bi-color shell?😊
No, I just ordered and this is what Andrew sent. I like it as well.

Jan 17, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #201 of 1,469
Hi, now I am intrigued by that other IEM. Is it similarly priced as the 3DT?
The other one is in the same “bracket.” I need to formalize my thoughts before I say more. And of course more listening is needed.

Alex Fox sounds quite good on the 3DT through my HiBy R3 Pro right now.

Jan 18, 2021 at 1:19 AM Post #202 of 1,469
That sounds so appealing! A more natural, perhaps analog sound, but not lacking much In details and technicalities, yet another IEM I gotta get. So beautiful to boot.

I really can’t make much sense out of the cartoonish “official” graph. In general, how would you describe the tuning? How is the quantity of bass compared to the Trio or Nio? Thanks!
The actual quantity of bass is less than the 64audios but in my opinion it has better quality

Jan 18, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #205 of 1,469
Yes the timbre. Though don't forget the 64audios both have dynamic drivers too.

I also prefer the way the 3DT deals with sub bass.

I can't stress enough that this is personal taste, and to use the cliche ymmv.
Yes totally understand, if I'm not wrong those DD in 64s are in the low frequency. What's shines perhaps is the BAs vs 2DDs for the mids and highs.

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #206 of 1,469
oh crap i just realized... the 3DT dual 7mm drivers are for BASS, and the 10mm is mids and treble.... strange, I thought it was the other way around.... That must be why the bass has such depth and layering..... and also why the mids and highs are so clear and detailed.... interesting....

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #207 of 1,469
oh crap i just realized... the 3DT dual 7mm drivers are for BASS, and the 10mm is mids and treble.... strange, I thought it was the other way around.... That must be why the bass has such depth and layering..... and also why the mids and highs are so clear and detailed.... interesting....
😄ok, anyway, one of TOTL iems is using DD for mids ,BA for Lows and EST for Highs.

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:39 AM Post #208 of 1,469
😄ok, anyway, one of TOTL iems is using DD for mids ,BA for Lows and EST for Highs.
What does that got to do with my post, "anyway?"

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #209 of 1,469
What does that got to do with my post, "anyway?"
Nothing just figuring out how you like it and I had just ordered it too.😊

Jan 18, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #210 of 1,469
Nothing just figuring out how you like it and I had just ordered it too.😊
Ah! You will love it..... I put it on my desktop with 1% gold cable and it is blistering.... Can play live music at near pain threshold levels, and it is crystal clear and solid....magnificent....not that I recommend doing that, just do it to see quality.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back