Unique Melody 3D Terminator 3DT Announcement Thread
Jan 1, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #91 of 1,469
Almost W curve sometimes mids pop with strong vocals
Quite delightful electric guitars
E.g. Ajja like laser beams...
Lives more power with Macintosh MH50 sounds like club sound system in your head never heard Spira Mirabelus album sound so textured and dynamic even better than my UM Martian
Which is 2x expensive

Yup. This is a more accurate depiction of the 3DT's sound.

Jan 1, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #95 of 1,469
for what kind of music? i did not hear the mest mini but have Mest and 3 DT.

Mini MEST has been described as well, a mini MEST, so somewhat W-shaped, while 3DT is somewhat V-shaped. Just curious how they compare side by side; I'm thinking they are somewhat complementary, but still curious if they are on the same level in regards to resolution, soundstage, etc. I listen to all kinds of music so not really looking for anything genre-specific. Part of me is curious to pick up both & compare to UM Mirage.

Jan 1, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #96 of 1,469
Sedna work fine almost everywhere, Xelastec depends on IEM

Well said. On the UM MEST for example the smaller bore of the AZLA Xelastic narrows the sound stage + increased bass by a lot while the AZLA SednaEarfit Light's wider 4.5 bore maintains the same sonic signature. AZLA SednaEarfit Light being slightly longer than the stock tips smoothes out the treble even more if you like that kind of signature. This enables me to hear other nuances in the music which has the effect of a touch wider 3D sound stage and depth.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #97 of 1,469
Mini MEST has been described as well, a mini MEST, so somewhat W-shaped, while 3DT is somewhat V-shaped. Just curious how they compare side by side; I'm thinking they are somewhat complementary, but still curious if they are on the same level in regards to resolution, soundstage, etc. I listen to all kinds of music so not really looking for anything genre-specific. Part of me is curious to pick up both & compare to UM Mirage.
Wait till January end. I have the Mirage and the 3DT is coming to me. I can give you a comparison.

Jan 1, 2021 at 11:02 PM Post #98 of 1,469
Jan 2, 2021 at 3:36 AM Post #99 of 1,469

I've got the 3DT (and mini-MEST and 'daddy' MEST lol).
Am burning in the 3DT for another few days, and can give some impressions/comparisons then.
For now, regarding the mini-MEST, I'd say it does sound like, well, a mini-MEST (as others have said), however I'd add something that I haven't heard said much:
I think the mini-MEST has a bit more warmth and body in the mids.
This is something that - for my personal tastes - I would have liked to adjust with the original MEST.

So for me, mini-MEST are really superb. You get maybe 70% of the MEST performance, at a fraction of the cost, plus a bit more warmth and body and richness in the mids.
Of course, it all depends what genres of music you'll mainly be listening to, along with your personal sound signature preferences.

With 3 DD's I'm hoping for a very textured sound with the 3DT and fascinating timbre.
I imagine it will do very well with rock, pop, hip-hop and so forth. More interesting will be how it does with acoustic, jazz, classical.

Can't wait to finish burn-in and post some impressions :)

Jan 2, 2021 at 3:50 AM Post #100 of 1,469
Am burning in the 3DT for another few days, and can give some impressions/comparisons then.
For now, regarding the mini-MEST, I'd say it does sound like, well, a mini-MEST (as others have said), however I'd add something that I haven't heard said much:
This is something that - for my personal tastes - I would have liked to adjust with the original MEST.

So for me, mini-MEST are really superb. You get maybe 70% of the MEST performance, at a fraction of the cost, plus a bit more warmth and body and richness in the mids.
Of course, it all depends what genres of music you'll mainly be listening to, along with your personal sound signature preferences.

With 3 DD's I'm hoping for a very textured sound with the 3DT and fascinating timbre.
I imagine it will do very well with rock, pop, hip-hop and so forth. More interesting will be how it does with acoustic, jazz, classical.

Can't wait to have your impression myself.

Jan 2, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #101 of 1,469

Going back over mini MEST reviews & impressions. If it can offer 70% of the performance of its big brother that would be something. MEST is W-shaped so I’m curious how the lack of EST & DD affects the top & bottom ends. Have never found the fit of MEST great so I may be willing to compromise some SQ in return for extended listening/enjoyment.

Jan 2, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #102 of 1,469
Going back over mini MEST reviews & impressions. If it can offer 70% of the performance of its big brother that would be something. MEST is W-shaped so I’m curious how the lack of EST & DD affects the top & bottom ends. Have never found the fit of MEST great so I may be willing to compromise some SQ in return for extended listening/enjoyment.
Switching cable to. ISN pure copper
4 strand balanced 2.5 into 4.4 out if HibyR5 makes notes thicker with more body and slamming bass. Loses a bit if sparkle and balanced sound from original cable but like a tsunami of rhythm and drive
Worth experimenting with
UM budget model cables not too if the line so this type if upgrade can make big difference. My Martian exploded with quality when I switched to cryo copper gold cable. Almost too by much bass though with this ISN cable
Will try Penon cable next

Jan 2, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #103 of 1,469
4 strand balanced 2.5 into 4.4 out if HibyR5 makes notes thicker with more body and slamming bass. Loses a bit if sparkle and balanced sound from original cable but like a tsunami of rhythm and drive
Worth experimenting with
UM budget model cables not too if the line so this type if upgrade can make big difference. My Martian exploded with quality when I switched to cryo copper gold cable. Almost too by much bass though with this ISN cable

The Penon Audio OS849 cable adds a bit more sparkle and air for the 3DT.

Jan 2, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #104 of 1,469
Worth experimenting with
UM budget model cables not top of the line so this type if upgrade can make big difference. My Martian exploded with quality when I switched to cryo copper gold cable. Almost too much bass though with this ISN cable
Penon Fiery did the trick
Perfect balance of bass mids and treble. Pins tight but works
I'm satisfied now thick notes
Mids raised treble still airy
3DT singing.....Eletech or Effect Audio cable might be further upgrade to sound but I'm holding for now...

Jan 2, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #105 of 1,469
Penon Fiery did the trick
Perfect balance of bass mids and treble. Pins tight but works
I'm satisfied now thick notes
Mids raised treble still airy
3DT singing.....Eletech or Effect Audio cable might be further upgrade to sound but I'm holding for now...

I paired it with the Effect Audio Origin and used a 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter and all I gotta say is wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back