unfair competition
Mar 21, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

You compete with intelligence and American Entrepreneurial Skills. Who wants to build CD players or TV’s when they sell for $39? That’s after they’re delivered half way around the world.

say for argument sake Mitch I am a mid-level consumer electronics firm and i have nice designs but being mid level do not have the capability to do everything "in house" from the machine shoup to pcb fabricating to making the actual switches and jacks.

I do the tedious "sourcing" part of all design work where I KNOW what the market will bear in prcing my product and even if mine is truly something special also know i can only mark it up so much for that or it will be "stock" instead of "shipped" because it is priced too high.

so I check around and come to the realisation it is either outsource EVERTHING to the Chinese or my budget is shattered if i hope to make a profit so i do.
I send all the CAD files and specs over so they can do a proper job under contract,a contract I am paying them to do and they send me the goods and i put that product on the market.

six months later on the same shelf is MY product with a Chinese Name on it and it is selling for 1/2 of my retail price and in order for me to compete with my own product i will have to operate at a loss or just go out of business and save everyone the trouble.Lay off my employess,close the doors and go sweep floors somewhere.

that there is not a damn thing i can do about it is reality.when a nation does not recognise the property of others on purpose there is no court you can go to for justice and that is why this is so disturbing to me.

If there is anything I HATE is an unfair playing field where competition is in name only and have little respect for both the players and those who enable the act by buying in to save a buck no matter who gets hurt.

not protectionism as much as self preservation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back